Thread: Eddie Trunk interview.(Classic Rock Revisited)

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2008 @ 07:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Eddie Trunk interview.(Classic Rock Revisited)

Jeb: Let's start off with getting your take on some of the giant rock stories of 2007. First off, what is up with Van Halen? Do you think the reunion will happen?

Eddie: I really have no idea. It seems like there are always some issues that rear their head with this band on so many levels, which is such a shame because they are one of the all time greats. I just hope if/when it happens it's with the original four guys. No offense to Wolfie who I'm sure is a great talent, but you want the original band if Roth is going to sing. Don't forget, Michael is a big part of the VH backing vocals as well.

Jeb: Let me ask you this: If it should happen with David Lee, do you think....

a. Eddie can keep his chops up with his drinking problems?
    All depends how committed he is to it. Eddie is a super talent of course, but if he's wasted on stage it's not good for the audience or his health. As much as I want to see him play again, I hope he is first and foremost healthy before anything.

b. Dave can keep up with his vocal problems?
    I think Dave was singing pretty well on his last few solo tours. He was never a great singer, just a great fit for the band and the spirit of the group, and he was so perfect for the albums. I was always annoyed in the old VH days when Roth would do his antics on stage forever instead of the band playing 3-4 more songs, so hopefully if the reunion happens the focus will be on delivering all the songs everyone wants.

c. Dave and Eddie can get along with Mike out of the band?
    I think Mike will be in if it happens. Maybe that was part of the reason this was put on hold. It's asking a lot of a 15-year-old to step into a tour that big!

d. Is Wolfie able to really handle this?
    I'm sure he's talented, look at his genes! But I'd rather see him do a song in the set and have the original four guys. Hopefully he will do his own band at some point
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-18-2012 @ 09:30 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Eddie Trunk is a master of the obvious. Well....maybe not always. He did have Rikks fake Hit Parader interview on his website for two weeks.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 05:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,378 Posts

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
    Eddie Trunk is a master of the obvious. Well....maybe not always. He did have Rikks fake Hit Parader interview on his website for two weeks.

No shit!

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

Eddie Trunk?

That FAT BASTARD is a Spammy knob polisher..............

He's taken more than a few shots at DAVE over the years................

FUCK EDDIE TRUNK

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries
    Is Eddie Trunk that fat VH1 Classic vj?

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Terry
    Is Eddie Trunk that fat VH1 Classic vj?
    EXACTLY

Who is he related to to have that job?

He must have nude photos of the head of VH1 blowing Old English Sheepdogs....................

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,046 Times in 487 Posts

He's such a fat fucking pinhead. Dave's antics were annoying? They filled arenas.

He loves that fat bastard Sammy.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Rikk
    He's such a fat fucking pinhead. Dave's antics were annoying? They filled arenas.

He loves that fat bastard Sammy.
    He has said as much....

I remember...might be the 100 gratest Artist of Hard rock countdown on VH1...or one of their other pointless countdowns...that he HATED DAVE doing the sword routine during the 1984 tour.....

20+ years later....had to get in the DAVE shot...nothing else bothered him.....

like Bass Players solo wasn't more annoying......

Or EVH troting out the SAME old solo...for the umpteenth tour.....

or SHEMP's cuntpletely boring drum solo......

THAT's what he is still trying to say aboot DAVE...without coming out and saying it..............

He is the ARCHETYPE for the van hagar fan.....

FAT

NERD

HOPELESS
    Last edited by Matt White; 03-03-2007 at 11:07 PM.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Matt White
    that he HATED DAVE doing the sword routine during the 1984 tour.....
    Yeah, because the 5150 dance was the ultimate in rock 'n' roll showmanship.

No wonder Eddie hates Dave...Dave's in shape and is a black belt in Karate. Eddie is fat and changes belts all the time, but only due to his increasing intake of hero sandwiches.

I've always wondered where Sammy fans came from...or why I don't really know any. But I suppose that's because I don't hang out with losers.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2010 @ 02:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I've always wondered where Sammy fans came from...or why I don't really know any.
    Touche.

I know that Van Hagar albums sold back in the day and stuff but I HONESTLY do not know nor have I ever encountered someone in person who's a Sammy Hagar fan?

I've said it many times over my tenure online as well. Until I first joined this Halen Online Community, I'd never actually met ANYONE who openly admitted liking Sammy Hagar. It's crezzi. I mean, there's obviously a fanbase but I've still yet to meet one of these people in person? lol

Still, anyone with whom I have a discussion regarding Van Halen always states the obvious and the same thing, Hagar sucks.

I guess that fanbase is similar to "Trekkies" or something cos (obviously) those geeks do exist. I guess the same can be said though regarding bands like Journey, REO or Supertramp cos like Van Hagar, they sold a lot of records? I've just never met anyone who actually likes them.

It's an enigma, that's for sure. Then when one goes to a certain website, they're all over the place!!! The Horror!!! :eek: What's even worse is that these people actually believe the shit they write.

Again, how there can be people out there who sincerely think ANY post-Dave VH album is superior to that bile that followed? Once again though, they exist. It's the same internet pollutants who (even after being shown the facts) maintain Van Hagar outsold Van Halen and were more successful. These are the same people that think crap like "Dreams" is a "better" song or is right up there with the likes of "Unchained!!!"

Sorry for the rant but these people are insane. Again, I cannot imagine ANYONE actually, let alone willingly going to some Wabozo concert? It's a frightening thought.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-18-2012 @ 07:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Dave ruled back then , but i do concede that a couple more tunes with him on the mic beats the repeated (10 plus minutes sometimes) night after night rap bullshit. Lets face it, with the internet and Youtube, repeating those tired raps wont fly anymore, we all see it the next day. Thats a good thing , for sure , i say right here

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 06:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I overheard some chick talking about how she liked Cabo Wabo Tequilla once, She was still in High School and kept talking about Hagar, She seemed to be a tad bit of a slut, Other than that, fortunatley I havn't ran into any Hardcore fans.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by MAX
    Touche.

I know that Van Hagar albums sold back in the day and stuff but I HONESTLY do not know nor have I ever encountered someone in person who's a Sammy Hagar fan?

I've said it many times over my tenure online as well. Until I first joined this Halen Online Community, I'd never actually met ANYONE who openly admitted liking Sammy Hagar. It's crezzi. I mean, there's obviously a fanbase but I've still yet to meet one of these people in person? lol

Still, anyone with whom I have a discussion regarding Van Halen always states the obvious and the same thing, Hagar sucks.

I guess that fanbase is similar to "Trekkies" or something cos (obviously) those geeks do exist. I guess the same can be said though regarding bands like Journey, REO or Supertramp cos like Van Hagar, they sold a lot of records? I've just never met anyone who actually likes them.

It's an enigma, that's for sure. Then when one goes to a certain website, they're all over the place!!! The Horror!!! :eek: What's even worse is that these people actually believe the shit they write.

Again, how there can be people out there who sincerely think ANY post-Dave VH album is superior to that bile that followed? Once again though, they exist. It's the same internet pollutants who (even after being shown the facts) maintain Van Hagar outsold Van Halen and were more successful. These are the same people that think crap like "Dreams" is a "better" song or is right up there with the likes of "Unchained!!!"

Sorry for the rant but these people are insane. Again, I cannot imagine ANYONE actually, let alone willingly going to some Wabozo concert? It's a frightening thought.
    For me , it was like, Im in grade 8 , and Dave left, never seen VH. Love Ed , love Dave, but Sam is keeping Ed the lunatic going, so I can still hear his guitar! I liked Vai too, but he was never Ed.So you take the van hagar to at least hear the band .EEAS was a GREAT album, after that, so-so. Van Hagar always had Eds guitar, for me thats good enough, although it dont hold a candle tho CVH, of course.Ive met Sam , he is a genuine nice guy, but I think even he will admit CVH is better.He at least stepped up to the plate, I respect that. NO ONE would beat Dave in that spot. DAVE CHOSE TO LEAVE> See it for what it is. Ed would have probably OD'ed in the late 80's without Sam.
    Last edited by pflo; 03-04-2007 at 01:14 AM.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

a

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

[

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-18-2012 @ 09:30 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Eddie is fat and changes belts all the time, but only due to his increasing intake of hero sandwiches.
    Eddie is fat?

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
    Eddie is fat?
    Eddie Trunk...

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-14-2007 @ 03:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Sammy fronting the band even on the first two records as exciting as it was to the media at the time definitely never didn't even come close to the intensity and the excitement of Dave fronting the band.Sammy just was dorky trying so hard,

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries
    Well, what I don't 'get' is why Classic Rock is asking Trunk questions regarding Van Halen 2007?

I mean, who gives a shit what Trunk thinks?

Far as VH1 Classic, I'd like to give Lynn Hoffman [sic] the old slap and tickle.

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    07-03-2007 @ 05:02 AM
    Status
    Thanks

You guys are too heated.

Canuklehead
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-13-2024 @ 10:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The guy knows his shit.
    His monday show on XM41 is excellent...last monday he played In a simple rhyme...the week before that House Of Pain...good luck finding DJ's that would pick those two tracks.

Who cares what he thinks about VH...his opinion is like anyone else...just an opinion.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Unchainme
    I overheard some chick talking about how she liked Cabo Wabo Tequilla once, She was still in High School and kept talking about Hagar, She seemed to be a tad bit of a slut, Other than that, fortunatley I havn't ran into any Hardcore fans.
    I've had Cabo Wabo tequila a number of times. It's good, but not as good as Patron.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 05:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,378 Posts

Yeah, because the 5150 dance was the ultimate in rock 'n' roll showmanship.
    Did someone say 5150 dance?

Verrry GHEY !

Vampire Cheesemaker
    Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-28-2007 @ 11:38 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Eddie Trunk is a fucking clown!!!!! Watch Eddie on VH1 classic sometime, it's a joke. He had the Raspberries on there talking about their reunion. Listening to Eddie, you'd have thought someone had figured out how to bring Lennon and Harrison back to life and we were all going to Shea Stadium for a show! He's really pathetic and yes, a master of the obvious. I don't bash Sammy at all on these forums, but where Trunk is concerned, Trunk's a Hagar guzzling fool!!!

mickeba

Uncensored
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-14-2018 @ 08:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Matt White
    Eddie Trunk?

That FAT BASTARD is a Spammy knob polisher..............

He's taken more than a few shots at DAVE over the years................

FUCK EDDIE TRUNK
    Thank You!!
    Ya beat me too it!

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-19-2021 @ 12:39 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm glad thats settled.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-03-2007 @ 05:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I appreciate Eddie Trunk, but I have a couple of problems with him:

1. He seems to love every single metal band that has ever existed, which just can't be how he really feels.

2. He's fat.

3. He's effiminate.

4. Every time I listen to him he reminds me of the guys in high school who DIDN'T listen to metal and party-rock, but instead debated the meaning of Rush lyrics , never got laid, and played Dungeons & Dragons. These guys always were dying to be friends with the metalheads, because a lot of metalheads dug Rush and these guys somehow felt that meant there was some common bond between them. We laughed.

5. He shares the same first name as Eddie V., a proven creator of confusion and unhappiness in the world.

Bottom line -- I have a strong suspicion that Eddie Trunk was and continues to be a loser.
    Last edited by Bo Nozos; 03-07-2007 at 09:48 PM.

Thread Information