∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    Mattie and I wanted the same notion to be heard at the same time.

This is PURE cuntrol freak spED.

I've been there.

I'm not "retired" by choice. I've seen this kind of TRAINWRECK first hand.

Fuck you ED.

Condolences to Dave, Wolf, and Mikey.... even Roy for that matter.
    1000% on the same page Kip...

I only WISH there was a message board still connected to the offical VAN-HALEN.com....so I could pass along my feelings to that 50+ year old pussy myself.....

"THe GRATEST CUNT in the history of ROCK-N-ROLL....MR EDWARD VAN HALEN....."

It's his big FUCK-YOU to DAVE, Spammy, Mike, & THE FANS.......

All I want is ONE reunion show...just to put the final nail in the legacy....and I'll never give that cunt the time of day again.........
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-18-2012 @ 09:30 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, I'm sure Dave's just fine with it.
    Dave, like all of us, wish things were different. Since they are what they are, maybe Dave played a role in finally getting Ed to get into rehab so they can eventually have an opportunity to do things right sometime down the road.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I bet DAVE wants to PUT Ed into a hospital.......

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

Originally posted by Matt White
    1000% on the same page Kip...

I only WISH there was a message board still connected to the offical VAN-HALEN.com....so I could pass along my feelings to that 50+ year old pussy myself.....

"THe GRATEST CUNT in the history of ROCK-N-ROLL....MR EDWARD VAN HALEN....."

It's his big FUCK-YOU to DAVE, Spammy, Mike, & THE FANS.......

All I want is ONE reunion show...just to put the final nail in the legacy....and I'll never give that cunt the time of day again.........

Couldn't have said it better, Mattie.

Just when spED thought the High Road and Spotlight might be shone upon Dave, and spED look like the little bitch he is, he pulls this shit.

I've seen it. He PURPOSELY timed it so an intervention would be required and he wouldnt have to answer the questions surrounding this TRAINWRECK FIASCO CLUSTERFUCK.

And now he can BLAME his "addictions" instead of taking responsibilty for his own pettiness.

Fuck him .

CVH is dead.

Long Live CVH

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2014 @ 11:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 757 Posts

I bet Brad wishes the Dome was open now.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And now he can BLAME his "addictions" instead of taking responsibilty for his own pettiness.
    So it would be better if he goes on tour in the same or worse shape then he was in 2004? We all saw the video when he played with Chesney and the video from the recent NAMM show. He can't play well in his condition.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,296 Times in 4,721 Posts

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
    I bet Brad wishes the Dome was open now.
    Shit.... he would have banned half the membership in the last hour. And guess who would have been first on the list?

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

MR.WHITE | 3/8/2007, 10:49 pm EST

Edward Van Halen is a sorry excuse for a human being. This “stunt” is yet another way of putting the screws to DAVID LEE ROTH, MICHAEL ANTHONY, SAMMY HAGAR, & the fans.
    He’s had YEARS of free time when he could have gone into “rehab”, yet waits to the eve of their induction into the RRHOF to do it?
    “Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated?”
    Yeah…once again.

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-19-2021 @ 12:39 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
    So it would be better if he goes on tour in the same or worse shape then he was in 2004? We all saw the video when he played with Chesney and the video from the recent NAMM show. He can't play well in his condition.
    No. It would have been better if he took care of this shit years ago BEFORE he lost his wife, a good chunk of his fan base, his dignity as well as his bassplayer AND his chance to perform at the HIS own induction to the RRHOF.

Not to mention that he will never have this set up again. How fucking perfect to start off a huge reunion tour right after being inducted into the RRHoF.
    Talk about fucking up a free lunch!

=OWWWWWWWWW=
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    09-02-2013 @ 10:05 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Ellyllions
    I can't say anything bad.
    I hope he gets cleaned up.
    EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No. It would have been better if he took care of this shit years ago BEFORE he lost his wife, a good chunk of his fan base, his dignity as well as his bassplayer AND his chance to perform at the HIS own induction to the RRHOF.
    Somebody needs to give Ed a time machine then.

I could just see it....Ed doesn't go into rehab now. The 2007 tour happens. Eddie is drunk every night and plays like crap. The tour ends prematurely and everybody starts bitching that Ed should have gone into rehab before touring. Well, he is in rehab. It is the only shot he has to get sober, get his life back and get his chops on the guitar back. He can't even play his old material right now without fucking up left and right.

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-02-2012 @ 12:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by indeedido
    Finally some good news. Ed is going to get the help he needs. This is FANTASTIC news. Now he can get his shit together first of all for himself. Then secondly for us and reuniting with DLR. Maybe an album could fall out instead of the tour because he can't tour when he gets out. I'm not rushing him to do anything, don't get me wrong, he needs to do this for himself.

amen bro, this is great news. also there is no sniping between dave and ed. on top of that dave isnt going to rrhof, he is staying low supporting ed and staying out of the spotlight, yet speaking in a positive way. this is GREAT news. have faith my bros.

=OWWWWWWWWW=
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If he's in, he's in. Here's to hope he's a man on a mission No sheep/pun intended.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

"EDWARD VAN HALEN without a guitar in his hand is a crummy human being...."

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Somebody needs to give Ed a time machine then.

I could just see it....Ed doesn't go into rehab now. The 2007 tour happens. Eddie is drunk every night and plays like crap. The tour ends prematurely and everybody starts bitching that Ed should have gone into rehab before touring. Well, he is in rehab. It is the only shot he has to get sober, get his life back and get his chops on the guitar back. He can't even play his old material right now without fucking up left and right.
    yeah well, his timing sucks ass and seems a little too convenient.

=OWWWWWWWWW=
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
    yeah well, his timing sucks ass and seems a little too convenient.
    I'll agree on the timing complaint, but it's not like he's ducking charges like some celebs. Maybe I'm casting hope like a net into empty waters, but maybe he wants it back for a while.
    Last edited by VanHalener; 03-08-2007 at 11:14 PM.

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

anybody who has a friend of family member who is an addict... drugs or alcohol knows what a horrific condition it is. for whatever reason ed is doing what he needs to do to move forward. frankly this has been the real cancer in his life. nobody wants to see vh reunited more than me, but first and foremost i hope he has his life together, and he is doing what it takes. i absolutely wish ed the best, and this is the most hopeful i have been in a long time, sounds like dave is totally supportive. keep the faith bros. it will happen! cut dude some slack he has been through a lot.. band breakup, marriage breakup and his mom dying, everybody is lost sometimes, but he is focusing on him now, and before he can focus on v.h. tour this needs to be done. (i know i'm the eternal optimist) have faith my bros.!
    Last edited by dsouth99; 03-08-2007 at 11:17 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Hey Dudes !!

This story has made it to the main Australian news website:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...2-1702,00.html

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ROCK guitarist Eddie Van Halen today said he would enter rehab "to work on myself," a move that appears to rule out a reunion by his troubled band when it is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next week.

The announcement came a month after he and former Van Halen singer David Lee Roth, his longtime antagonist, said they would tour North America later this year.

Within weeks, speculation arose the plans had run aground.

Dutch-born Van Halen, 52, who has long battled alcoholism and survived a bout with tongue cancer, said in an open letter to fans he wanted to do right by them.

"I have always and will always feel a responsibility to give you my best. At the moment I do not feel that I can give you my best," he said.

"That's why I have decided to enter a rehabilitation facility to work on myself, so that in the future I can deliver the 110 per cent that I feel I owe you and want to give you.

"Some of the issues surrounding the 2007 Van Halen tour are within my ability to change and some are not. As far as my rehab is concerned, it is within my ability to change and change for the better."

The letter was released by his spokeswoman and girlfriend, Janie Liszewski, who did not respond to requests for further information.

The band, famed for such 1980s hits as Jump, Panama, and Hot for Teacher, is scheduled to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in New York on Monday.

In a 1995 interview with Rolling Stone magazine, Eddie Van Halen said he had entered rehab twice.

He recalled his only drink-driving arrest came after he had left an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, appalled by everyone's sob story, and stopped at a bar for a few shots.

"I always got hammered to be able to cope," he told the magazine.

"I have zero social skills and I don't know how to act, so I get drunk. And then I make a real ass out of myself."

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hows that last line ?

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by dsouth99
    anybody who has a friend of family member who is an addict... drugs or alcohol knows what a horrific condition it is.
    I know all about it....I'm glad he's getting help, but he could have waited until Tuesday at this point, LOL.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-03-2020 @ 02:47 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Well, he is in rehab. It is the only shot he has to get sober, get his life back, and get a set of dentures!!
    That's what I'm screamin'!!!

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

you know, actually maybe has a lot to do with why velvet revolver is the band chosen to do the induction and perform, there isn't a band out there that is better able to understand having to overcome addiction and going on to bigger and better things. i think frankly from this standpoint velvet revolver is a great choice.

CUM GUZZLER Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    03-13-2007 @ 10:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Eddie has been a sack of crap from 15 years and continue to be. Rehab doesn't work. Not for somebody as messed up and twisted as Eddie.

It's ashame people like him get to live when much better people have to die.

Commando

Member No
    Last Online
    09-28-2007 @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah he will go into rehab and get cleaned up for a brief moment but as soon as he hits the stage Uncle Ed will start drinking again.What... did he just find out 2 weeks ago that he needed to go to rehab? Why the fuck was this tour announced he needs to get another PR person who knows what the Fucks going on .Well Cheers Ed and thanks again.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Its because the tour was announced.
    Promoters wouldnt guarantee shit, unless he cleaned up...

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by halenfan25
    Eddie has been a sack of crap from 15 years and continue to be. Rehab doesn't work. Not for somebody as messed up and twisted as Eddie.

dude that is a fucked up thing to say. everybody has been lost at one time or another.

CUM GUZZLER Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

His wife hates him... His bandmates hate him....

He has no respect for the history of rock (has dissed Jimi and others) has treated his band like crap...

Kicked members out for what appears to be no reason. Dresses and acts like a slob in front of his young son.

What good has Eddie ever done?

He's a stupid drunk that had 5 or 6 really good years and stopped challenging himself and became a hated drunk.
    Last edited by halenfan25; 03-08-2007 at 11:38 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Come on dude, it's not like he's Dick Cheney or something. Eddie's a bit of a delusional asshole, but he's not exactly the Antichrist.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I know all about it....I'm glad he's getting help, but he could have waited until Tuesday at this point,
    Do you really want to see him go up to the microphone at the HOF and start spewing out shit like a blundering drunk? Did you happen to catch his speech at Dimebag's funeral? Did you hear him last week say that "the tree doesn't fall far from the nut"? Did you see him at the recent NAMM show when he took the cord out of his guitar and started probing his ass with it and putting it in his mouth? Rehab is the best place for him and not public places or social situations. PERIOD!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-15-2012 @ 10:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks

yeah i hope cleans himself up to. this way he can get things straight and do what he knows he must do. hit the stage with roth. maybe he will clean up enough to see that he needs to let mike in

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He has no respect for the history of rock (has dissed Jimi and others) has treated his band like crap...

Kicked members out for what appears to be no reason. Dresses and acts like a slob in front of his young son.

He's a stupid drunk that had 5 or 6 really good years and stopped challenging himself and became a hated drunk.
    everybody is dissapointed re the lack of vh new material and touring etc. but man his wife left him cause he was an addict, that isnt enabling his behavior, he has always been a bit reclusive and shy frankly. cut the man some slack, his bandmates don't hate him and i think they are all very supportive of him getting sober and retruning to his real personality. wonder how personable you would be if you had cancer, lost your wife, band, and your mom in a short period of time. that is enough to fuck anybody up. guess im am pleased he is getting help. have some faith man! damn!

CUM GUZZLER Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Rehab DOESN"T work.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He pissed you off.

Commando

Member No
    Last Online
    09-28-2007 @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hey Mike is that you?

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Rehab DOESN"T work.
    What is the solution then? All of the alcoholics in the world would love to know.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Do you really want to see him go up to the microphone at the HOF and start spewing out shit like a blundering drunk? Did you happen to catch his speech at Dimebag's funeral? Did you hear him last week say that "the tree doesn't fall far from the nut"? Did you see him at the recent NAMM show when he took the cord out of his guitar and started probing his ass with it and putting it in his mouth? Rehab is the best place for him and not public places or social situations. PERIOD!
    No, But I did want to see Roth up there where he deserves and wants to be.

CUM GUZZLER Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Actually I find him ad. All the money in the world doesn't make you a good person.

The One dimensional guitarist will go down in the history of rock as nothing but a f*ckup.

Really, who has wanted to be like Eddie the last 20 years? People idolize Jimi even now.

Most of the people that admire Eddie now are 40 year old bald headed people.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
    The paramedic gig paid off!

Dumbest fucking comment yet.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What are you doing on this board if you don't like Van HALEN??

Thread Information