X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katie
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    It goes back to when the original Boston lineup split in the early 80's. Brad sang on Barry Goudreau's first solo album, and then on Goudreau's next project "Orion the Hunter". And when Goudreau was putting together RTZ in the late 80's, there was only one singer he thought of, Brad Delp. Because of his involvement with RTZ, he wasn't available to sing on the "Walk On" album, but he did rejoin Boston in time for the following tour.

Brad, being the nice guy that he was, wanted to keep working with both of his friends. It's just too bad he could never get Tom & Barry to reconcile with each other. Certainly would have made his life less complicated.

Thanks for the info Ford,I will try and track these releases down.

Comment

• VanHalener
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
      Those 1st 2 records will always get play 'round here......RIP

Boston Globe
      Remembering Brad Delp
      By Steve Morse, Globe Correspondent | March 10, 2007
      A sign on the front of Johnny D's on Friday declared, "Brad, we miss you.'' Inside, someone had put flowers on the empty stage. Delp's group, Beatle Juice, his side project to his more famous singing role in the mega-platinum band Boston, had canceled that night because Delp was found dead in his New Hampshire home during the afternoon of still-unexplained causes.

Club management still opened the doors of the Somerville club to allow fans to commune their loss. "The phones were ringing non-stop with people asking, 'Is it really true? Is Brad gone?' said general manager Sean Sturgess.
      Songs of the Beatles and of the band Boston were played on the sound system. Close to a hundred fans gathered at this ground zero of Delp's mourning. Some cried, some huddled in corners, and all appeared in deep shock...

...Brad could sing anything. "Back when I started, I'd go from singing a Righteous Brothers song to the Beatles, the Hollies, and Sam & Dave,'' he once said. And no one could deny his talent. As Boston's Scholz said, "He had amazing breath control. He could sing halfway through the verse and chorus in one breath. Night after night he would do that.''
      Brad Delp was an unsung hero who deserved even more appreciation that he got.
      -- STEVE MORSE, longtime Boston Globe staff rock critic, currently
      freelances for the Globe and cohosts "Morse on Music'' for WBOS-FM
      ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

A sad day in rock & roll history, that first album wore out a couple of my record needles!! Foreplay/longtime still rips my head off!!! Its to bad Tom Scholz destroyed that band. I think some girl sang on the last cd. Dont look back and Third Stage were still pretty strong. lots of great memories have that band playing in the background. I was lucky to have seen them a few times. One of the best air guitar bands ever!! R.I.P. Brad. Thanks for the tunes, you will be missed !!!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Shit, I still can't believe it.

Been listening to Boston stuff all day.
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• fryingdutchman
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by ppg960
            They make the band and the music so reconisable.

Hey asshole...I'll promise to use the "search" function if you promise to use spell check.

Deal?

Originally posted by perilouspete
            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

R.I.P., Brad.

Your unique vocal stylings will be sorely missed.
              Originally posted by perilouspete
              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• VanHalener
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

To quote the creator of this film:

"This may be the last recorded performance of Bradley Brad Delp. Lead singer for the BAnd Boston and Beetlejuice. Recorded Friday March 2 2007 at Sit N Bull Pub in Maynard. Singing Happy Birthday 3-2-2007 May you rest in peace."

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hOjv3yWc5sw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hOjv3yWc5sw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Picked up the remaster of the 1st album today....Still just as good today as it ever was....

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Was the cause of death determined?

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                      Was the cause of death determined?
                      I don't think so, its still under investigation...and he was just engaged at Christmas

very sad...
                      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

From all the bits and pieces of things I've picked up at various sites the last two days, Brad's death couldn't have happenned at a worse time, personally or professionally. (Not that there's ever a good time)

Not only was he planning a wedding, but Boston was also preparing for a summer tour, and the band had finally returned to a five piece lineup. There's even rumors going around that they were trying to bring Barry Goudreau back into the fold. If that had actually happenned, it would have been a Hell of a show, but now we'll never know
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

From all the bits and pieces of things I've picked up at various sites the last two days, Brad's death couldn't have happenned at a worse time, personally or professionally. (Not that there's ever a good time)

Not only was he planning a wedding, but Boston was also preparing for a summer tour, and the band had finally returned to a five piece lineup. There's even rumors going around that they were trying to bring Barry Goudreau back into the fold. If that had actually happenned, it would have been a Hell of a show, but now we'll never know
                          when I met him a few years ago, he was the coolest, nicest guy you could meet

after the show he sat on the edge of the stage, his legs hanging over and he just chatted with a few of us...thanked us for comming out (it was a snow storm) asked us what we thought of the show...all of that...he had the best smile...totally genuine
                          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• flappo
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

very sad news

boston were an all time fave of mine

arguably one of the gratest american rock bands of all time imo

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                              when I met him a few years ago, he was the coolest, nicest guy you could meet

after the show he sat on the edge of the stage, his legs hanging over and he just chatted with a few of us...thanked us for comming out (it was a snow storm) asked us what we thought of the show...all of that...he had the best smile...totally genuine
                              Yeah, he did that after the show I saw on the Third Stage tour in 87. Can't say I actually met the guy.... didn't get close enough. But I thought it was cool that he came out to talk to the fans like that.

Now I'm wishing I'd seen them again more recently
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• VanHalener
                                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Can't say I actually met the guy.... didn't get close enough.
                                I wish I had the pleasure of meeting Brad Delp in person. His voice and the music Boston created is so ingrained into my rock and roll spirit that I feel some weight on my shoulders from Brad's passing.

I am so glad that it was not too long ago that my brother and two of our best friends sang our guts out with Brad not more than 40 feet in front of us. Have I said this before?

I'm going to need a few more days in this thread. I'm pretty bumbed about this.

Comment

Working...