X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tajmahal
    Head Fluffer
    • Mar 2007

Hall of Shame

This is my first post. I have read this site for the past 5 plus years and there is one thing in common. Disappointment with the band. I have been a huge VH fan for the past 20 years. Yes, I do like a few Van Hagar songs. If you like RR or DLR you had to be disgusted with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame event. What the hell was Velvet Revolver playing after their horrible version of Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love. Was that a version of Runaround? Then Sammy and Michael Anthony became a Big Band Act. This would been appropriate if they were playing in Vegas. Oh, I forgot DLR has arleady done that act. All anyone wanted was the original band to play a blistering set of 3 original VH classics, but these guys and their big egos could not give the fans just one night of music. I wish they had Steve Vai and B. Sheehan play a VH instrumental. Better yet they should have had Wolfgang play Falco's Rock Me Amadeus. Where have all the good times gone???

Comment

• HippieLettuce
      Roadie
      • Mar 2004

Velvet Revolver is the best band left on this planet?!?!?!?

Holy God, it's worse than I thought....

Comment

• jgdrag
        Sniper
        • Jul 2005

Just pittyfull!
        Last edited by jgdrag; 03-12-2007, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mouichke
          Dave did the right thing and didnt show. This was a travesty. They should have stopped after saying thank you for the induction. No one should have played. This was an embarassment to the legacy that Van Halen was. If Eddie decided to get help now as a publicity stunt, then it really backfired tonight. This was sad, this was the worst induction I have ever seen.
          I hope Eddie gets the help he needs, and will come out of this a better person finally. But, Eddie Van Halen.....tonight.......YOU FUCKED ALL OF US VAN HALEN FANS AGAIN!!!!!!!!
          Van Halen said 'bend over and grab the ankles, folks!'

Comment

• LOS35
            Roadie
            • Mar 2004

Dave is a Perfectionist and he knew this was going to turn out to be pure BS!! Like someone said in another post if anyone could have done VH justice it would have been The Atomic Punks!!
            That rendition of ATBL was a joke!

Comment

• HuckFinn
              Groupie
              • Jan 2004

FUCK YOU EDWARD!!!
              FUCK YOU DAVE!!!
              FUCK YOU SAM!!!
              FUCK YOU ALEX!!!
              FUCK YOU MIKE!!!

I am a total douche bag for being a Van Halen fan.
              "Sammy Hagar is treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jgdrag
                Van Halen not showing up is Rock'n Roll!
                No, it's lame.

Even fucking Ozzy Osbourne, who was fucked over for years by the HoF, came and got his statue a few years ago.

All the fucking great bands went up and got their statues.

Why is Van Halen different?

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2006

Where have all the good times gone???
                  They ended in 1984.
                  And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• jgdrag
                    Sniper
                    • Jul 2005

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Warham
                    [B] No, it's lame.

No, you not knowing the difference is lame! You think it is about a statue? Why should Van Halen share the stage with spammy or bass player? They are not part of Van Halen!

Comment

• VanHalener
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by fe_lung
                      I did love the guy screaming "that's not Van Halen" during the break
                      Originally posted by PhillyBlonde
                      The whole thing was so sad.
                      The only thing Spammy did right was to support a Dave reunion.
                      Originally posted by hitch1969©
                      David Lee, EVH, Al.. totally and completely neglected.
                      I am so embarrassed for this shit tonight. THEN... that queer weiland ruins a roth era song.. and completely fellatiates van hagar?
                      ...then we're supposed to be happy with PAUL FUCKING SHAFER from 1950 fucking 2 and his lame ass letteman band doing "why cant this be love" with the other half AND A HORN SECTION???
                      Originally posted by JohnnyGuitar69
                      That was disgusting. The band set the world on fire in '78, and then THIS SHIT
                      Originally posted by ELVIS
                      Originally posted by Matt White
                      DAVE made the right choice....he wanted no part of this farce.....BRAVO
                      I don't feel so good. I think something died inside me tonight.
                      ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• hitch1969©
                        Sniper
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HippieLettuce
                        Velvet Revolver is the best band left on this planet?!?!?!?

Holy God, it's worse than I thought....
                        thats just corporate hagar sucking ass

remember at the 2002 vmas when he didnt even know any linkin park????

the dude is 60

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

this is so GAY
                        ...get your hitchworld on.

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jgdrag
                          [B]
                          Originally posted by Warham
                          No, it's lame.

No, you not knowing the difference is lame! You think it is about a statue? Why should Van Halen share the stage with spammy or bass player? They are not part of Van Halen!
                          Dude, Anthony was a member of Van Halen.

Stop with the shit.

Comment

• hitch1969©
                            Sniper
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by tajmahal
                            This is my first post. I have read this site for the past 5 plus years and there is one thing in common. Disappointment with the band. I have been a huge VH fan for the past 20 years. Yes, I do like a few Van Hagar songs. If you like RR or DLR you had to be disgusted with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame event. What the hell was Velvet Revolver playing after their horrible version of Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love. Was that a version of Runaround? Then Sammy and Michael Anthony became a Big Band Act. This would been appropriate if they were playing in Vegas. Oh, I forgot DLR has arleady done that act. All anyone wanted was the original band to play a blistering set of 3 original VH classics, but these guys and their big egos could not give the fans just one night of music. I wish they had Steve Vai and B. Sheehan play a VH instrumental. Better yet they should have had Wolfgang play Falco's Rock Me Amadeus. Where have all the good times gone???

first post... dead on.

THIS IS HOW FAR WE GO tonight

EVH fucking bottomed and took us with him, DAve so suck ass nothing better to do that he went along

HOW IN THE HELL DID ANYONE IN THE REAL VAN HALEN ALLOW SAMMY FUCKING HAGAR AND SAUCE SOBELEWSKI TO CAPTURE THE GLORY OF 78-84, 1996, 2000, 2002, and, 2007 and call it fucking VAN HAGAR RIGHT NOW??????

I cant fucking sleep tonight.

this is SO fucking bad bad bad bad!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
                            ...get your hitchworld on.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                              Sniper
                              • Apr 2004

Why be pissed at VH, if anything they showed just how talentless and how big of tools Spammy and the ex bassplayer really are.

I can understand why some are pissed because the whole origional band wouldn't be there, and perform, but since the situation was what it was, i am estatic, that what happened, happened.

I will say again, FUCK THE HOF, its a useless institution. I would much rather see VH live at a concert, that playing for a bunch of pussy's, and acepting one ugly ass trophy.

VR sucks balls, but who ever watched the show, did you catch the Led Zep perforrmace from their induction, they sounded worse than VR.

All in all i believe VH will have the last laugh, when all of it is said and done, and hopefully Ed gets his shit straight, and that is a big hopefully.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                                Commando
                                • Mar 2006

I could fart the intro to Aint Talkin Bout Love better then Slash played it.
                                And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

Working...