Let's be sure we know who to be mad at...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I think most here are upset over the Dave no-show because of the 2007 tour being called off. It seems that everything had come crashing down.

I'm sure if many had bought tix to a VH show with Dave this summer, some people's reactions over the Hall appearance (or lack there of) would've been quite different.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Antman
      Commando
      • Jan 2004

Good points all, but Mike did show up. Yes Dave could have attended, but look at it this way, it was a no win for Dave. He doesn't show, he's criticized. He shows, then he's on Ed's shit list again-the whole if you're not with me you're against me. That's how Mike got fired the first time, by touring w/Sam. I think Dave thinks the tour could still be salvaged somehow and he's doing every thing he can within his power not to be the one to fuck it all up-again. So hopefully it was a god thing that Dave didn't show.
      When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

As far as I am concerned the fault directly lies with Ed, Dave, and Alex.

If Ed truly is in rehab, then Dave, Alex, and perhaps possibly Wolf should have shown up.

It was so sad, hell Mike had no idea what to really say up there. Hagar, then Hagar sometimes I feel sorry for the guy......at least he admitted he didn't have to inducted by the RRHOF.

I am over the whole Dave vs Sam shit, but I never cared for Van Hagar.

The only thing that helps them at this point is Ed getting better and a VH reunion tour with Dave. Hell, even Sam admitted that they should reunite with Dave.
        Last edited by DLR'sCock; 03-13-2007, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Ellyllions
          Veteran
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
          Right now I so sick of all of 'em...

I feel ashamed and embarrassed to call myself a Van Halen fan at the moment.
          This is where I am as well.
          "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• Warham
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

If the reason Dave didn't show up was because he was walking on fucking egg shells with Ed, then he really is bending over and grabbing the ankles for the almighty buck.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

In the end, it really wouldn't have been too much to ask for Ed, Al and Dave to show up.

After seeing Velvet Revolver suck as bad as they did (for fucks sake, I was in a garage band when I was 14 and we played ATBL better than they did), CVH could have jumped up onstage with no rehearsal...with Eddie TOTALLY shitfaced...and did a better job than that.

Mike and Sammy stealing the show? Maybe by default, in that they were the only two who showed up...

Far as Dave goes, considering what it turned out to be, it was probably better he wasn't there; am sure after he found out Eddie and Al weren't going the decision not to go was fairly easy for him. Personally, I really didn't want to see him playing Jump with the Letterman band, anyway. It was supposed to be probably the one time you could COUNT on CVH showing up and playing a tune...you know, at their own induction into the RnRHoF. Think the whole thing is a bullshit institution, myself, but it's useful IF ONLY to get those four guys onstage together again...apparently it wasn't even useful for that.

Am hoping Antman is right, and that part the reasoning behind Dave not showing was that he thought the Van Halens might take it as a slight, and that there is a possibility that CVH could still get back together (the bass player included) down the line, although I'm tending not to give a shit about that happening so much at the moment. These guys can't even go out on the road and flog the oldies, much less come up with any new music...they just can't get their shit together, and what happened at the RnRHoF is just par for the course as far as that goes.

I guess it's just hard to face the reality that these guys ARE a joke now...but I still have the feeling they could pull some kind of a hat trick even after all this time...look at 1996; the band hadn't been together for over a decade and they managed to cut a couple of tracks that were pretty good...

Ah, fuck it. Ed's just too fuckin' looney.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Van Halen is like the Howard Hughes of rock 'n roll.

They fucking live in a hermetically sealed bubble and treat their fucking fans like a form of contagious disease.

It's fucking ironic that the only person to accept a statue for Van Halen was the fucking guy who got his ass thrown out and replaced by a 15 year old.

Comment

• Ellyllions
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2006

I think they just have their collective heads so far up their own asses that they failed to see the importance of what this honor meant.

My grandkids can now go to the museum and see a piece of Van Halen.
                  "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by SilvioDante

...no Mike and Sammy stealing the show.

Make no mistake, they did not steal anything. It was handed to them on a silver platter. You can't blame either of them for showing up. They simply did what ALL of the band members should have done.

SHOW UP AND PLAY
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chi-town324
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Feb 2007

In the back of my mind is the summer of 1981.....what a time...fair warning was cranking every day on the stereo....drinking, getting high, getting laid....damn i miss those days....i think thats why i for one keep holding out hope for a CVH reunion ..if just for a night, i want to travel back in time....thats why we keep out hope to see the boys bring it one more time...but after last night hope just fades farther and farther away

Comment

Working...