Thread: Let's be sure we know who to be mad at...

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-07-2015 @ 05:45 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Let's be sure we know who to be mad at...

I see posts mad at the RRHoF, Velvet Revolver, Sammy, Mike..whoever.

Be sure you are mad at the right people. They are:

Eddie
    Alex
    Mike
    and yes, Dave.

Simple as that. They should have been there. IF they show, there is no Velvet Revolver, no Sammy slamming Dave, no Mike and Sammy stealing the show.

All's Ed had to do is put the bottle down. For a week. Get his shit together, not for himself, not even for us. For his KID for for Christsakes.

Dave should have shown up, for us. Not to let Sammy steal the show. For the legacy of CVH. I don't care about Paul Shaffer or whatever, just sing ONE DAMN SONG FOR US! He will sing with the Boston Pops but not the David Letterman's bad??? Gimme a break.

This is all simple. We need to put the blame where it belongs, on the four men who have been jerking us around for 20+years.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-27-2016 @ 08:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,252 Posts

BANG ON THE MONEY!!!!

Could have said it better....

Not too sure I'm mad though, just disappointed.

Were any of us really that surprised after the tour was put "on hold"?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Sasquatch Hunter
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-29-2012 @ 08:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Right now I so sick of all of 'em...

I feel ashamed and embarrassed to call myself a Van Halen fan at the moment.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I completly disagree.

Some of you think that VH attending this sham has something to do with us.

NO.

IMO, Ed has already let us down by having the 07 tour cancelled because he can't cut it.

THAT was a let down, not performing at some lame ass Hall induction ceremony.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
    I completly disagree.

NO.

IMO, Ed has already let us down by having the 07 tour cancelled because he can't cut it.

I think we are on the same page here. I am more refering to the people complaining about last night.

Ed let us all down many time starting in 1996..

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    03-14-2007 @ 11:18 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Open letter to DLR

Dear DLR,

I have been a fan of yours since the start in 78, your music just blew my mind ! I remember where I was when I heard that you left the band, just like I remember where I was when Elvis died, or when Challenger blew up. This is the level of respect your fans had for you Dave. I am not alone in thinking that on that April fools day in 85, one of the greatest rock bands of all times died.

I have always blamed this on EVH not being able to accept that your persona - was VH. The two of you together was absolute dynamite. Outside of Rush, the result of your musical pairing has not been heard since. However, last night showed me something that I guess I did not want to see. While Edward is certainly a certifiable nutcase, and has been for years, your ego is simply off the charts. Have you never heard of humility and graciousness ?

Does everything always have to be your way or the highway Dave ? Could'nt you have joined MA and Hagar and acccpeted your award with dignity, humility, and thankfullness ? Did you not give a seconds thought as to how this would put you in the same childish circle with the VH brothers, and their never ending drama ? Sadly, this was a miscalculation on your part, of monumental proportions. I say this because I have been one of the staunchest CVH supporters, and this morning I have no desire to see any of you again !

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    01-14-2012 @ 11:00 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    See ya, don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What is the RRHOF for, if not the fans ?

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
    I completly disagree.

NO.

The HOF is for the fans ! Just like the respective sports HOF's. Your opinions on the RRHOF are plain to see. We all have a right to dislike (or hate if you prefer), because everyone has a bone to pick with the halls for obvious reasons. However, allowing your personal feelings on the RRHOF to let non-attendees off the hook in some way is boorish. The RRHOF is for the fans to express their love and appreciation by enshrining a band for future generations. I have been a huge Roth fan and CVH fan from the start. Did they show their selfish, ego-driven, and narccisistic arses last night - you bet !

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    01-14-2012 @ 11:00 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    I don't remember the vote? I didn't see too many fans there? By the way, the sports Hall of Fame is for the players and not decided by the fans either? When did Mo Ostin start sitting with the fans?

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    06-25-2007 @ 11:32 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by SilvioDante
    I think we are on the same page here. I am more refering to the people complaining about last night.

Ed let us all down many time starting in 1996..
    which is why i don't understand why everyone supports a reunion - too many times we got fucked, time to fuck them back.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by charles1328
    which is why i don't understand why everyone supports a reunion - too many times we got fucked, time to fuck them back.
    I believe, after all these years, I am finally at his point..

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 05:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,378 Posts

Lemme say this ...

There was no show to steal. Those two former members simply showed up !

A fucking farce !

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-23-2017 @ 12:50 PM
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status
    Thanks

They've become so irrelevant over the last ten years, no one outside of us even knows there is a VH. I can't be too embarrassed when people don't even know they are still around. Zero albums in almost a decade.

Saga Fan
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-13-2008 @ 07:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks

This circus just go's on and on.............

Just throw in Fair Warning and listen to the band at it's peak. That's what it's all about.

We all get worked up again and again for nothing.........

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by jgdrag
    See ya, don't let the door hit you on the way out!

What a laugh - I guess you see yourself as some kind of gate keeper for DLR. Guess what duchebag - you don't control the door. What a loser !

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I think most here are upset over the Dave no-show because of the 2007 tour being called off. It seems that everything had come crashing down.

I'm sure if many had bought tix to a VH show with Dave this summer, some people's reactions over the Hall appearance (or lack there of) would've been quite different.

Beer-It does a body good.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-18-2015 @ 11:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Good points all, but Mike did show up. Yes Dave could have attended, but look at it this way, it was a no win for Dave. He doesn't show, he's criticized. He shows, then he's on Ed's shit list again-the whole if you're not with me you're against me. That's how Mike got fired the first time, by touring w/Sam. I think Dave thinks the tour could still be salvaged somehow and he's doing every thing he can within his power not to be the one to fuck it all up-again. So hopefully it was a god thing that Dave didn't show.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-10-2015 @ 11:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

As far as I am concerned the fault directly lies with Ed, Dave, and Alex.

If Ed truly is in rehab, then Dave, Alex, and perhaps possibly Wolf should have shown up.

It was so sad, hell Mike had no idea what to really say up there. Hagar, then Hagar sometimes I feel sorry for the guy......at least he admitted he didn't have to inducted by the RRHOF.

I am over the whole Dave vs Sam shit, but I never cared for Van Hagar.

The only thing that helps them at this point is Ed getting better and a VH reunion tour with Dave. Hell, even Sam admitted that they should reunite with Dave.
    Last edited by DLR'sCock; 03-13-2007 at 05:49 PM.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-13-2009 @ 04:30 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
    Right now I so sick of all of 'em...

I feel ashamed and embarrassed to call myself a Van Halen fan at the moment.
    This is where I am as well.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-18-2024 @ 10:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks

If the reason Dave didn't show up was because he was walking on fucking egg shells with Ed, then he really is bending over and grabbing the ankles for the almighty buck.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,286 Times in 1,504 Posts

Blog Entries
    In the end, it really wouldn't have been too much to ask for Ed, Al and Dave to show up.

After seeing Velvet Revolver suck as bad as they did (for fucks sake, I was in a garage band when I was 14 and we played ATBL better than they did), CVH could have jumped up onstage with no rehearsal...with Eddie TOTALLY shitfaced...and did a better job than that.

Mike and Sammy stealing the show? Maybe by default, in that they were the only two who showed up...

Far as Dave goes, considering what it turned out to be, it was probably better he wasn't there; am sure after he found out Eddie and Al weren't going the decision not to go was fairly easy for him. Personally, I really didn't want to see him playing Jump with the Letterman band, anyway. It was supposed to be probably the one time you could COUNT on CVH showing up and playing a tune...you know, at their own induction into the RnRHoF. Think the whole thing is a bullshit institution, myself, but it's useful IF ONLY to get those four guys onstage together again...apparently it wasn't even useful for that.

Am hoping Antman is right, and that part the reasoning behind Dave not showing was that he thought the Van Halens might take it as a slight, and that there is a possibility that CVH could still get back together (the bass player included) down the line, although I'm tending not to give a shit about that happening so much at the moment. These guys can't even go out on the road and flog the oldies, much less come up with any new music...they just can't get their shit together, and what happened at the RnRHoF is just par for the course as far as that goes.

I guess it's just hard to face the reality that these guys ARE a joke now...but I still have the feeling they could pull some kind of a hat trick even after all this time...look at 1996; the band hadn't been together for over a decade and they managed to cut a couple of tracks that were pretty good...

Ah, fuck it. Ed's just too fuckin' looney.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-18-2024 @ 10:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Van Halen is like the Howard Hughes of rock 'n roll.

They fucking live in a hermetically sealed bubble and treat their fucking fans like a form of contagious disease.

It's fucking ironic that the only person to accept a statue for Van Halen was the fucking guy who got his ass thrown out and replaced by a 15 year old.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-13-2009 @ 04:30 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I think they just have their collective heads so far up their own asses that they failed to see the importance of what this honor meant.

My grandkids can now go to the museum and see a piece of Van Halen.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Originally posted by SilvioDante

...no Mike and Sammy stealing the show.

Make no mistake, they did not steal anything. It was handed to them on a silver platter. You can't blame either of them for showing up. They simply did what ALL of the band members should have done.

SHOW UP AND PLAY

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2015 @ 07:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

In the back of my mind is the summer of 1981.....what a time...fair warning was cranking every day on the stereo....drinking, getting high, getting laid....damn i miss those days....i think thats why i for one keep holding out hope for a CVH reunion ..if just for a night, i want to travel back in time....thats why we keep out hope to see the boys bring it one more time...but after last night hope just fades farther and farther away

Thread Information