Thread: Who Cares About the Hall of Fame?

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 03:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Who Cares About the Hall of Fame?

like i give 2 shits about the rock and roll hall of fame.

like there's anything LESS rock and roll than being awarded an honor by some academic-esque group in front of a bunch of prom-ed up yahoos in tuxedos and ball gowns who are either insiders or who have overpaid to be there.

big deal.

ok, so it's always nice to have anybody recognize you for your accomplishments. but if the knuckleboner was ever a rock band, there'd be a ton of recognitions i'd rather have:
    • platinum albums. forget the money, it means a ton of actual fans liked your music.
    • sold out concerts.
    • people's choice awards.
    • airplay on radio stations decades after the songs came out.
    • man on the street coming up to me and telling me that the knuckleboner inspired him to pick up the ukulele.
    • and yeah, after that, i would honestly appreciate the hall induction. but at least that far down the list.

so, did dave and al disrespect the fans by not showing up? what? how? how does it show respect to give a speech in front of a ballroom crowd like that?

you want to REALLY respect the fans? thank them when you're out on tour.

you're done touring forever? then find some decent unreleased material and release it. hell CHARGE for it and get paid. if it's quality material, it'll STILL be more of a thank you to the fans than any acceptance at the rock and roll hall of fame.

in short...or long, as i've now drowned on... i absolutely could not care any less about the rock and roll hall of fame and what did or didn't happen there. it's meaningless.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Good post.

Dave didn't let the fans down by not attending.

This Hall thing has NOTHING to do with us, the fans who bought the music and attended the shows.

The fact that the Hall recognized Van HAGAR is reason in itself that this thing was stupid and lame to begin with.

Dave and VH will have their day in the sun, hopefully, and it sure as hell won't be in front of a bunch of music industry fucks---but US, the fans.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2009 @ 05:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

When I first saw the size of Aretha Franklin I was kinda hoping she was that fat because she ate Spammy Hagar before the show. No such luck. Then again maybe she did and just shit him out before it was his turn to go up on stage. His performance was certainly for shit!

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    01-14-2012 @ 11:00 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Originally posted by knuckleboner
    like i give 2 shits about the rock and roll hall of fame.

like there's anything LESS rock and roll than being awarded an honor by some academic-esque group in front of a bunch of prom-ed up yahoos in tuxedos and ball gowns who are either insiders or who have overpaid to be there.

big deal.

ok, so it's always nice to have anybody recognize you for your accomplishments. but if the knuckleboner was ever a rock band, there'd be a ton of recognitions i'd rather have:
    • platinum albums. forget the money, it means a ton of actual fans liked your music.
    • sold out concerts.
    • people's choice awards.
    • airplay on radio stations decades after the songs came out.
    • man on the street coming up to me and telling me that the knuckleboner inspired him to pick up the ukulele.
    • and yeah, after that, i would honestly appreciate the hall induction. but at least that far down the list.

so, did dave and al disrespect the fans by not showing up? what? how? how does it show respect to give a speech in front of a ballroom crowd like that?

you want to REALLY respect the fans? thank them when you're out on tour.

you're done touring forever? then find some decent unreleased material and release it. hell CHARGE for it and get paid. if it's quality material, it'll STILL be more of a thank you to the fans than any acceptance at the rock and roll hall of fame.

in short...or long, as i've now drowned on... i absolutely could not care any less about the rock and roll hall of fame and what did or didn't happen there. it's meaningless.

Exactly! Fuck the hall of shame, sell outs

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-22-2021 @ 02:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

2 fat dudes I allways forgot the names from
    Last edited by jero; 03-13-2007 at 03:04 PM.

Last Gasp
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-02-2017 @ 01:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Yo Knuckle, killer post dogg ... for me all this title really means is "bragging rights" ... you know like when you discuss everybodys fav's around the workplace I could now say for instance, "well is your band in the hall!?" ...

Thread Information