Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should Ed quit rehab? Like, just to get the fucking ball rolling?

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Bonzo1026
    Yeah, fuck rehab! Eddie needs to get out and play!

Rock and roll is NOT a clean and sober sport, kids. Jimmy Page was on smack during the entire '77 tour. He didn't go to rehab.

Two words: Keith Richards.

I've been involved in music for 20+ years and the whole point is to do you what the fuck you want when the fuck you want and fuck whoever doesn't like it. THAT my friends, is rock and roll.

Everybody's saying Eddie needs rehab or he's gonna die. Boo fuckin' hoo!

Tell that to Keith Moon, John Bonham, Bon Scott, Hendrix etc. They went out with a fuckin bang!

You wanna be safe and secure and healthy? Join corporate fuckin' America and the Bush youth.

I'll take my rock and roll with a bottle of jack, thumb-packed bowl, and rails the size of fuckin steak fries.
    This man speaks the truth. This may sound harsh, but if Ed would've OD'd about 20 years ago there would be a statue of Eddie Van Halen at the White House and every state capitol. He probably would've been looked back upon as superior to Hendrix no questions asked. The sad truth is in the publics minds' people overstay their welcome and the second they don't do anything great people shit on them. Look at all the people who rip Eddie now. If somebody did that in '84 they would have been jailed and heavily fined. One person can only have so much genious in them. People talk about if only Bon could've lived longer or Randy Rhoads or Hendrix the world would've had so much more great music. Not true. They would've faded into nothingness within a few years and it would be a long and depressing fall. My overall point is if you choose to indulge in drugs or somegenius other "risky" behavior you will reap benefits at first, but those benefits only last a little while and then you fade away. The truth is as far as your legacy goes burning out at the peak is the best way to keep it forever great (that is if you had a respectable legacy). Like I say, had Ed kicked the bucket in '84 one would be hard pressed to point out a single negative thing he ever did. It now being '07 you could fill a book with his fuck ups.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have to admit I'm torn both ways. On the one hand, I'd like to see a final Van Halen tour with Dave at the mic and Edward at 100%. The music demands it...Ed's not as resiliant as he was 20 years ago (or 30, even) and he can't perform when he's fucked up - 2004's Fleece the Sheep tour proved that. Classic Van Halen music demands a good showing, and Van Hagar music can be slopped through - but if Ed sounded that BAD on Van Hagar tunes while fucked up, he's got no chance getting through a 2 hour CVH set.

On the other hand, I don't really care about his personal problems. Why would I? I've got a wife, three kids, house payment, dog, job of my own, and about 35 other things to worry about on a daily basis - whether Ed actually gets clean or not really doesn't impact my world in any great fashion other than whether or not I'll be entertained by him during a live setting in an appropriate fashion. That'll either happen or it won't, and realistically I'll get through the rest of my life just fine, one way or the other.

Thusly...I suppose it could go either way. Getting right down to it, I don't have a hell of a lot invested, so...whatever....what's my point, then?

Well...I don't have one.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Up your guts!
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Plexi Head

He was cleaned up on the Cherone tour and his playing was all the better for it, he ripped on that tour, there is no denying.
    But he still hired Cherone.....
    www.myspace.com/jonsudbury

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Speed Of White
    This man speaks the truth. This may sound harsh, but if Ed would've OD'd about 20 years ago there would be a statue of Eddie Van Halen at the White House and every state capitol. He probably would've been looked back upon as superior to Hendrix no questions asked. The sad truth is in the publics minds' people overstay their welcome and the second they don't do anything great people shit on them. Look at all the people who rip Eddie now. If somebody did that in '84 they would have been jailed and heavily fined. One person can only have so much genious in them. People talk about if only Bon could've lived longer or Randy Rhoads or Hendrix the world would've had so much more great music. Not true. They would've faded into nothingness within a few years and it would be a long and depressing fall. My overall point is if you choose to indulge in drugs or somegenius other "risky" behavior you will reap benefits at first, but those benefits only last a little while and then you fade away. The truth is as far as your legacy goes burning out at the peak is the best way to keep it forever great (that is if you had a respectable legacy). Like I say, had Ed kicked the bucket in '84 one would be hard pressed to point out a single negative thing he ever did. It now being '07 you could fill a book with his fuck ups.
    thats the biggest bunch of bullshit ive ever read on this site.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think he's got a pretty good point, actually. Maybe a bit over the top, but a good point all the same...

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ed should not quit...a sober ed could never deal with a loose cannon...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by pflo
    You cared enough to respond, shit for brains. Seriously, are you a child who hijacked dads computer (after you sucked him off)?
    I care alot. So much, in fact, I'm responding again! Seriously? I'm not a child. I'm actually old enough to be YOUR DAD! Why don't ya run with that one Cuntpernicus??!! Call your momma....ask her point blank if there's any possible scenario involving me being your daddy! After the brief, drunken, explanation regarding the mystery of your cuntception hits home? Find comfort in the fact that I'm probably not your daddy. You're too fucking stupid. Even if you somehow proved I was your daddy, I'd cuntinue to disregard you. No board games on your birfday, no 5 dollar bills in a card.

Get it together dipshit, and for goodness sakes, KEEP THE THREAD ON TOPIC!!!

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by rustoffa
    Fuck, I should've made it a poll!!

Option1: My pussy hurts
    Option2: Elvis is gonna move this.
    Option3: If somebody un-sticks this, they're a pussy.
    Option4: Ed should quit rehab.
    I know its tough waiting for the show to get on the road!!!

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Three Lock Rock
    Eddie DOES need to get the ball rolling on a VAN HALEN reunion!!!

DO THE RIGHT THING, EDDIE! The REAL fans have waited LONG ENOUGH!!!

Van Halen:

SAMMY
    EDDIE
    MIKEY
    ALEX

Deal with it, Rothtards!

Three Lock Rock
    Owning Rothtards with the greatest of ease!
    Sammy sings country now? What the deal with that pic, don't look like heavy metal noise to me.
    When you think of Van Halen you think of David Lee Roth.

Stay Frosty!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Watching Patty Smyth at the RRHOF avoiding the Cheese King with a look on her face that said "Take another step closer to me and I'll puke all over you" was enough gratification for me. Pretty much said it all.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Roth & Roll
    Watching Patty Smyth at the RRHOF avoiding the Cheese King with a look on her face that said "Take another step closer to me and I'll puke all over you" was enough gratification for me. Pretty much said it all.
    is there a youtube of THAT???

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by rustoffa
    You're too fucking stupid. Even if you somehow proved I was your daddy, I'd cuntinue to disregard you. No board games on your birfday, no 5 dollar bills in a card.

Get it together dipshit, and for goodness sakes, KEEP THE THREAD ON TOPIC!!!
    that was hillarious.

Thread Information