X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
    Damn, Brother Bob...it's hard to take you serious when I read your comments and have to look at one of the 7 Wonders of the World in your sig!
    Well, considering 93% of everything I post on these forums is total bullshit anyway, I can see the difficulty when I actually DO get serious for a minute...

93%...eh...I guess that's a decent ratio...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Roy Munson
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      Unfortunately true....

His Cheddarness toured with Boston in the late 70's and became friends with the band. Tom Scholz was actually supposed to produce Spammy's "Danger Zone" album in 1980, but was forced off the project by the CBS legal team, which wanted the third Boston album.

Which, of course didn't come out for another 6 years anyway. Maybe Scholz could have given Hagar's record a decent guitar sound, but I doubt he could have done a damn thing to improve the lyrics.

Even though Scholz was kicked off the project, Boston members DID manage to make one appearance on a Hagar record. Brad Delp, Barry Goudreau, and Sib Hashian sang background vocals on the Ched Rocker's version of "Sittin' On The Dock of the Bay" - which also featured the original Stax Memphis house band who played on the original Otis Redding single.

It would have been a masterpiece of a record if it had a REAL lead singer

And in the final note of incestuousness, when Spammy broke up his 80's band to join Van Hagar, his guitarist Gary Pihl put in a cameo appearance on Third Stage, and was offerred Barry Goudreau's job on the following tour. He took it, and has been gainfully employed (every 8 years or so) ever since. Without having to play behind a cheesy singer in Ronald McDonald jumpsuits.....

Actually, knowing all of this useless trivia, I was actually surprised that the Spamster didn't give some kind of a shout out to Brad Delp at the Hall of Lame performance

Wow. You sure do know a lot about Sammy.
      Originally posted by ELVIS
      I guess you're right...

Comment

• Roy Munson
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

I know that Tom played most all of the guitar and bass parts on the first Boston album, but did he also play most of the drum tracks? Was it sort of like the first Foo Fighters record where Grohl did everything himself?
        Originally posted by ELVIS
        I guess you're right...

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Roy Munson
          Wow. You sure do know a lot about Sammy.
          As I said, it's useless trivia.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Roy Munson
            I know that Tom played most all of the guitar and bass parts on the first Boston album, but did he also play most of the drum tracks? Was it sort of like the first Foo Fighters record where Grohl did everything himself?
            Scholtz has said he had been recording demos of everything that ended up on the first album with Delp doing the vocals, and when he shopped those around to the record companies he put together the rest of the band for the express purpose of auditioning so he could get a record deal...that outside of a couple of leads on Long Time the whole album was basically those demos, regardless of whatever the album credits were in the end.

To me, Boston was always Delp and Scholtz anyway. No offense to the other three intended, but didn't matter to me a lick when they weren't around come Third Stage time.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Matt White
              • Jun 2004

People do stupid things when somebody dies...and something as shocking as a suicide just makes people flip their whigs that much moreso...........

A sad story..........

Comment

• perilousepete
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by bueno bob
                Well, considering 93% of everything I post on these forums is total bullshit anyway, I can see the difficulty when I actually DO get serious for a minute...

93%...eh...I guess that's a decent ratio...

rofl you are my hero, keep rockin \m/
                http://geocities.com/sirdominic@sbcg...iestrat3yx.jpg

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by perilousepete
                  rofl you are my hero, keep rockin \m/
                  I plan on doing so for many years yet...

Heheheh...
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• jharp84
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

Give us the goddamn "official live greatest hits" cd and then we put "closure on the "original" BOSTON!!

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                      There was at least one Boston studio album that Brad Delp did not do the vocals for, it was titled "Walk On."
                      How much you wanna bet Scholz will try to re-recruit the singer for that album to continue Boston?

I have whatever track from the album on the '97 greatest hits. It was good for the time that it was, but not one I go out of my way to play.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        Boston died with Brad. Let it go, Tom. Go build some new amps or cameras or whatever, but don't destroy what's left of Boston's musical legacy by trying to carry on without the one man who OWNED as much of the Boston sound as you did.
                        Sometimes it's best to just remember the good times:
                        <center></center>
                        sigpic

Comment

• speedking
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
                          How much you wanna bet Scholz will try to re-recruit the singer for that album to continue Boston?
                          That would be Fran Cosmo. He showed up at the recent Brad Delp tribute concert and played guitar with the current Boston. He did not sing because I believe he has had some vocal problems...which had something to do with him leaving the band in the first place.

Comment

Working...