Thread: "Latest military intelligence points to U.S. military preparations against Iran"

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Arrow "Latest military intelligence points to U.S. military preparations against Iran"

Russian intelligence sees U.S. military buildup on Iran border

MOSCOW, March 27 (RIA Novosti) - Russian military intelligence services are reporting a flurry of activity by U.S. Armed Forces near Iran's borders, a high-ranking security source said Tuesday.

"The latest military intelligence data point to heightened U.S. military preparations for both an air and ground operation against Iran," the official said, adding that the Pentagon has probably not yet made a final decision as to when an attack will be launched.

He said the Pentagon is looking for a way to deliver a strike against Iran "that would enable the Americans to bring the country to its knees at minimal cost."

He also said the U.S. Naval presence in the Persian Gulf has for the first time in the past four years reached the level that existed shortly before the invasion of Iraq in March 2003.

Col.-Gen. Leonid Ivashov, vice president of the Academy of Geopolitical Sciences, said last week that the Pentagon is planning to deliver a massive air strike on Iran's military infrastructure in the near future.

A new U.S. carrier battle group has been dispatched to the Gulf.

The USS John C. Stennis, with a crew of 3,200 and around 80 fixed-wing aircraft, including F/A-18 Hornet and Superhornet fighter-bombers, eight support ships and four nuclear submarines are heading for the Gulf, where a similar group led by the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower has been deployed since December 2006.

The U.S. is also sending Patriot anti-missile systems to the region.

RIA Novosti
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-13-2009 @ 04:30 PM
    Status
    Thanks

In all my Marine friends that I have exchanges with almost every day, I haven't heard one peep about this. Nor have I heard a word about deployments.

I was even at Virginia Military Institute with a group of alumni seated in high places and there wasn't one murmur about beginning to attack Iran. There was other discussion about what's going to be done, but not one peep about war with Iran.

I do know that (and the only reason I'm even mentioning this is because it was in the news yesterday) there is a "show-of-force" in the way of some "training maneuvers" taking place within view of the Iranian borders, but that's all.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-22-2015 @ 06:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks

We're all going to die.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

How fucked up is this country when we have to go to the "communist" Russian press to find out what our own fucking government is doing?

There's another Russian article out there which specifically names Good Friday as the date that the BCE begins the attack on Iran.

Given this criminal cabal's blasphemous use of Christianity, that would be just like them to do that.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Operation Bite - April 6 Sneak Attack
    By US Forces On Iran Planned
    - Russian Military Sources Warn

General Ivashov Calls For Emergency Session Of
    UN Security Council To Ward Off Looming US Aggression
    By Webster G. Tarpley
    3-25-7

WASHINGTON DC -- The long awaited US military attack on Iran is now on track for the first week of April, specifically for 4 AM on April 6, the Good Friday opening of Easter weekend, writes the well-known Russian journalist Andrei Uglanov in the Moscow weekly "Argumenty Nedeli." Uglanov cites Russian military experts close to the Russian General Staff for his account.

The attack is slated to last for twelve hours, according to Uglanov, lasting from 4 AM until 4 PM local time. Friday is a holiday in Iran. In the course of the attack, code named Operation Bite, about 20 targets are marked for bombing; the list includes uranium enrichment facilities, research centers, and laboratories.

The first reactor at the Bushehr nuclear plant, where Russian engineers are working, is supposed to be spared from destruction. The US attack plan reportedly calls for the Iranian air defense system to be degraded, for numerous Iranian warships to be sunk in the Persian Gulf, and the for the most important headquarters of the Iranian armed forces to be wiped out.

The attacks will be mounted from a number of bases, including the island of Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean. Diego Garcia is currently home to B-52 bombers equipped with standoff missiles. Also participating in the air strikes will be US naval aviation from aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf, as well as from those of the Sixth Fleet in the Mediterranean. Additional cruise missiles will be fired from submarines in the Indian Ocean and off the coast of the Arabian peninsula. The goal is allegedly to set back Iran's nuclear program by several years, writes Uglanov, whose article was re-issued by RIA-Novosti in various languages, but apparently not English, several days ago. The story is the top item on numerous Italian and German blogs, but so far appears to have been ignored by US websites.

Observers comment that this dispatch represents a high-level orchestrated leak from the Kremlin, in effect a war warning, which draws on the formidable resources of the Russian intelligence services, and which deserves to be taken with the utmost seriousness by pro-peace forces around the world.

Asked by RIA-Novosti to comment on the Uglanov report, retired Colonel General Leonid Ivashov confirmed its essential features in a March 21 interview: "I have no doubt that there will be an operation, or more precisely a violent action against Iran." Ivashov, who has reportedly served at various times as an informal advisor to Putin, is currently the Vice President of the Moscow Academy for Geopolitical Sciences.

Ivashov attributed decisive importance to the decision of the Democratic leadership of the US House of Representatives to remove language from the just-passed Iraq supplemental military appropriations bill which would have demanded that Bush come to Congress before launching an attack on Iran. Ivashov pointed out that the language was eliminated under pressure from AIPAC, the lobbing group representing the Israeli extreme right, and of Israeli Foreign Minister Tsipi Livni.

"We have drawn the unmistakable conclusion that this operation will take place," said Ivashov. In his opinion, the US planning does not include a land operation: " Most probably there will be no ground attack, but rather massive air attacks with the goal of annihilating Iran's capacity for military resistance, the centers of administration, the key economic assets, and quite possibly the Iranian political leadership, or at least part of it," he continued.

Ivashov noted that it was not to be excluded that the Pentagon would use smaller tactical nuclear weapons against targets of the Iranian nuclear industry. These attacks could paralyze everyday life, create panic in the population, and generally produce an atmosphere of chaos and uncertainty all over Iran, Ivashov told RIA-Novosti. "This will unleash a struggle for power inside Iran, and then there will be a peace delegation sent in to install a pro-American government in Teheran," Ivashov continued. One of the US goals was, in his estimation, to burnish the image of the current Republican administration, who would now be able to boast that they had wiped out the Iranian nuclear program.

Among the other outcomes, General Ivashov pointed to a partition of Iran along the same lines as Iraq, and a subsequent carving up of the Near and Middle East into smaller regions. "This concept worked well for them in the Balkans and will now be applied to the greater Middle East," he commented.

"Moscow must expert Russia's influence by demanding an emergency session of the United Nations Security Council to deal with the current preparations for an illegal use of force against Iran and the destruction of the basis of the United Nations Charter," said General Ivashov. "In this context Russia could cooperate with China, France and the non-permanent members of the Security Council. We need this kind of preventive action to ward off the use of force," he concluded.

http://fr.rian.ru/world/20070319/62260006.html

http://fr.rian.ru/world/20070321/62387717.html

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Well with the way they're complaining about my misloads, it looks like UPS might fire me in a month. If anyone is interested about started a political metal-punk band that is hell bent on causing chaos nationwide, give me a holla! And I'll hopefully be playing at a protest near you.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    We're all going to die.
    eventually, yes

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    We're all going to die.
    We'll no shit sherlock, did you think that you were going several hundred years like in the bible you fake holy-roller fuck?

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Didn't Russia and Iran have a spat a couple of weeks ago?

Here are some more articles....

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...ia-US-Iran.php

Russia's foreign minister urges U.S. to show caution in Gulf
    The Associated PressPublished: March 29, 2007

MOSCOW: Russia's foreign minister on Thursday reacted to U.S. naval maneuvers in the Persian Gulf by urging the United States to show caution to avoid fueling tensions in the region.

Sergey Lavrov said that "the Persian Gulf is in such a troubled state
    today that any actions in the region, especially those with the use of the navy and other military forces, should, of course, take into account the need to prevent the exacerbation of the situation even further."

"It has already been heightened to the limit," he said.

A U.S. exercise, which ended Wednesday, was the largest show of force in the Gulf since the 2003 invasion of Iraq, with 15 ships, 125 aircraft and 13,000 sailors taking part in maneuvers a few dozen miles off Iran's coast.

Russia has close economic ties with Iran, including a project to build its first nuclear power plant, and it has sought to soften sanctions against Tehran imposed over its refusal to halt its uranium enrichment program. However, Russia joined the U.S. and other permanent members of the U.N. Security Council in backing new sanctions against Iran approved last Saturday.

The sanctions included the banning of Iranian arms exports and the freezing of assets of 28 people and organizations involved in Iran's nuclear and missile programs. Iran rejected the resolution and announced a partial suspension of cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency.

Russia's President Vladimir Putin discussed Iran with U.S. President George W. Bush in a phone call Wednesday, saying the latest U.N. Security Council had sent Iran a "serious political signal of the need for cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency and the international community."

Putin said the resolution "unambiguously rules out the use of force."

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/...1846169662.txt

Diplomacy leaves Iran more isolated
    Tuesday, Mar 27, 2007 - 12:30:44 am CDT
    Iran’s headline-generating capture of 15 British sailors and marines should not obscure the remarkable progress that has been made in marshalling international pressure for Iran to stop its nuclear program.

On Saturday, the United Nations Security Council unanimously approved a new round of tougher sanctions against Iran.

Iran has refused to comply with a U.N. order to stop its nuclear enrichment program by last August. Iran says the program is intended for nuclear power plants that would generate electricity. The United States and other countries fear that the program could be used to create nuclear warheads. The new U.N. action bars Iran from selling weapons and freezes the foreign assets of 28 Iranian companies, institutions and individuals. One of those affected was Iran’s Bank of Sepah, which the U.S. State Department said is the “financial linchpin” of Iran’s missile procurement program.

The U.N. also requested, but did not order, that international financial institutions refuse to provide new credit or loans to Iran. The World Bank and the International Monetary Fund are expected to comply with the request.

Opposition from Russia was a primary reason why previous efforts by the United States to win stricter sanctions faltered.

Suddenly Russia has taken a surprisingly tough line toward Iran. Russia told the Iranian government earlier this month that it would withhold nuclear fuel. In addition, The Associated Press reported last week, Russia has begun withdrawing hundreds of engineers and other workers from Iran’s nearly completed nuclear power plant.

Meanwhile, led by Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah, Sunni Muslim Arab nations are distancing themselves from Iran’s Shiite Muslim government. Earlier this month, the Arab League warned Iran that unless it stops its nuclear program, it cannot expect league members to come to its aid if the U.S. or Israel launches a military action against Iran. The league’s opposition to Iran’s nuclear program may be reiterated at a meeting this week.

The import of this diplomatic maneuvering on varied fronts has left Iran in a remarkably isolated position.

Some analysts have speculated that Iranian forces might have seized the 15 members of the British Royal Navy in part because it would distract the Iranian public attention from the growing effect of sanctions.

Whether the new united front against Iran’s nuclear ambitions will have staying power is far from clear. It could evaporate as quickly as it took shape.

But there’s little doubt that the new allies can apply more pressure than ever before. Russia’s change of heart and renewed leadership from Saudi Arabia are appreciated.

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-22-2015 @ 06:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by FORD
    Operation Bite - April 6 Sneak Attack
    By US Forces On Iran Planned
    - Russian Military Sources Warn

http://fr.rian.ru/world/20070319/62260006.html

http://fr.rian.ru/world/20070321/62387717.html

What part of "SNEAK ATTACK" don't you undertand???

Thanks for ruining the element of surprise, you damn hippie.

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 03:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

we aren't attacking iran.

it's that simple.

not going to happen.

a) we don't currently have the manpower to put any amount of troops on the ground in iran.
    b) even selected airstrikes carry the risk that iran will simply invade iraq to attack the U.S.

after iraq; the U.S. has become the boy who cried wolf. the public will not accept a rationale to launch a pre-emptive strike on iran, regardless of its validity.

anything you see is simple posturing. iran knows this, which is why they're mouthing off so much lately.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Nah, we won't attack Iran.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they do oil business with the US the least of any? I know they're 4th in the world, but aren't we only getting like 10% of their market. I read somewhere that it's so slight that they've begun to move away from their pricing in US dollars....

And I think I read somewhere that their oil reserves only have a projected 15-20 years left...I'll see if I can find a source on that. But if that's true, it would be the perfect concrete reason for Iran to want control of Iraq.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:01 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,582 Times in 3,461 Posts

They're full of shit.

Gates and almost all of the brass are against a war with Iran.

And maybe somebody should tell the Russians that our "build-up" might have something to do with Iraq bordering Iran...

If the United States really wants to fuck with Iran, we'll do so by proxy. Of which, there are many willing groups...

I really am
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-06-2008 @ 10:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

We are stragically positioned to take Iran. Do you guys know that they only have one refinery in the whole country and have to import most of their gasoline? These guys are very, very vulnerable to any country who could control the gulf and the air. The posturing is foolish. But, if one believes that Iran has to be dealt with eventually....shold we wait till they have a nuke or act now? By the way...Russia is just trying to protect a client. China will as well before all is said and done. As the frogs, Germany and Russia did with Saddam.

excited
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-12-2008 @ 10:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    impeach if this happens.

Let the child cry if not hurt because if you pamper the unhurt crying child it will lead the child to think that crying gets their way so the child will continue to cry just for attention.

Thread Information