Thread: How many of you felt the same as me

Beer-It does a body good.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

How many of you felt the same as me

I saw the VH official site. I read the quotes from Ed about wanting to work with Dave again. I read Dave's quotes in Rolling Stone. Then I saw the publicity shot of VH 2007. A tour was on. Yet I still didn't believe it. I knew somehow it would get all fucked up. They say to trust your gut and somehow I knew this would happen. Anyone else feel the same?
    When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    CAT
    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Antman
    I saw the VH official site. I read the quotes from Ed about wanting to work with Dave again. I read Dave's quotes in Rolling Stone. Then I saw the publicity shot of VH 2007. A tour was on. Yet I still didn't believe it. I knew somehow it would get all fucked up. They say to trust your gut and somehow I knew this would happen. Anyone else feel the same?
    I have got to the point where
    If it happens it happens & if it dosen't it doesn't

After so many years, beers & disappointments from this band they are lucky to get even that out of me.

But that said and done,
    That 6 six still kicks major ass everytime!

Katie

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Eddie just needed to fuck the fans again. It had been a few years and he needed his fix. So first he tells us MA is out. Then he announces reuniting with Dave & a summer tour. Then drop a band photo. Once the fans were salivating, he yanked the rug out from under us...again.

"Ha Ha! I fucked those stupid sheep again! I am the mighty Eddie Van Halen!"

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    being a fan for almost 30 yrs u get used to this

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Kind of a "I know she's a no good tramp, but I think that whore, deep down, really likes me" feeling.

Suppose I feel just plain silly about all of it. Even after having heard Mike wasn't gonna be there, hearing the kid was replacing him and seeing Ed fumble around at the NAMM show, I was still ready to get tix and see it.

Now, even if they do go forward with another attempt, even if Anthony is onboard, the interest just isn't there for me. Kinda the last straw. In an odd way, it ties into something the sisters said in 1996, about some things just being better off left to memory.

The only thing I'd like to see is the CVH footage cleaned up and released. That's all they have left to offer me. And short of that, there's plenty of boots out there.

If they reunite properly; come up with new material, shoot the works with getting that old footage and audio out there pre-tour, MAYBE then I'll throw them a bone and part with some dough for tix. Short of that, fuck 'em. Dave's been serving up the classics for years. He'll continue to do so. For me to give the Van Halens money for what was being proposed earlier this year, it would have just made me the mindless sheep they have counted on filling their coffers for the last ten years when they could be bothered to get up, go out and work. Fuck that shit. I'm not some VHLinker punk. I'm not Eddie's bitch.

Sorry folks, but nothing the Van Halens have done in the last decade counts as special in my book, and just having Dave get up there and sing the classics with them again isn't all that special to me, either.

Biggest shame of all of this is the willingness of these guys to waste their collective talent and waste the last ten years over a bunch of age-old childish resentments and greed. Seems to run counter to the spirit that I dug about the band the first time around.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: How many of you felt the same as me

I am gay
    Last edited by FORD; 04-08-2007 at 10:04 PM.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    well said terry!!!!

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Re: How many of you felt the same as me

Originally posted by thetoolrules
    I am gay
    well said, tool...

and also well said, terry...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Terry
    Biggest shame of all of this is the willingness of these guys to waste their collective talent and waste the last ten years over a bunch of age-old childish resentments and greed. Seems to run counter to the spirit that I dug about the band the first time around.
    Yup....

DAVE said the same thing in CRAZY FROM THE HEAT....

the sisters just refuse to grow up.............

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ed knew it wasn't going to happen. Dave knew it wasn't going to happen either. It's why the silence from the VH camp was deafening. Didn't everyone find Dave's reserved enthusiasm to be a red flag? Even with the new band photo they gave us?
    People, actions speak louder than words!
    I'm thinking when Ed's money runs low, VH announce a reunion, album sales go up, media pays attention, money comes in, duck out for a few more years. I personally was more excited about my rediscovered love of knitting than the prosepects of a partial CVH reunion.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Keep in mind that Ed is an addict he has no control over his life at this point and is on auto pilot on a reckless course....
    I know this because I lived the exact same way for years and you don't Dealise what the hell your doing until its usually to late. I feel bad for the Guy.....
    Everybody keeps saying ed screwed the Fans for not touring,
    Well how about the fans let Eddie down?
    we love Eddie, your the greatest, our hero, what you have a problem and need time to recover/work it out? you finally realise what your addictions are doing and are trying to get your life back on track so maybe you can pull off a tour...??? fuck you ed we don't care if your fucked up, we don't care if your a moment away from complete failure, we want a tour damnit!!!- PATHETIC
    we as fans of The Band and Eddie should be saying "Hey Ed, its cool, get it together and then go kick some serious ass on the road.
    the only way I'll feel Screwed over by Ed is if he goes through his rehab, comes out and goes right back to the booze and crap again.
    personally, I don't care if they tour or not, I want to see Eddie get his life together as a human being first and deal with the fans later.
    The Beauty of life isn't the pot of Gold at the end of the Rainbow, it is the Rainbow.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    FUCK EDWAD Von HALEN

and his "friends"...........

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i knew it was screwed up from the get go
    We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If Ed gets sober...

... he'll reunite with Hagar. Dave will never be his puppet unlike Sam. Ed's still oblivious to the fact that CVH is the only thing he's ever had going for him. I'm sorry to be cynical but there's little to convince me otherwise.
    dm/dt=kA (Cs-C)

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by chi-town324
    I'm nearly 22 and yet been screwed over by so many bands I expect it every time. The only surprise was Simon and Garfunkel actually did tour a few years back and in the UK (went with me mum) so surprises happen. So Wolfie won't play bass? Good for him, I say he's made the right choice. Rock and Roll bands are for 21+ if you wanna be serious and as a teenager it will fuck you up because you don't understand some things. So I expect shit everytime. I don't believe Steve Harris likes Bruce Dickinson much these days. *^_^* \m/

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    remember musicians are temperamental little bitches!!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by chi-town324
    i could only imagine

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This is my first time back on the Roth Army site since the night of the RRHF.I was really depress as I had my money put away for a couple of shows I had my summer all planned.I was just so fucking numb to the bones.I ended up getting drunk watching the RRHF which in case I don't drink that often.I drink socially.Make a long story short.I still wonder what the fuck were they thinking when that RollingStone photos shoot was taking.Even in SanDiego on all the Rock stations the Djs were just piss to the bone.I think everyone were looking forward to the unbelievable fun that was going to happen.I still think there is some theories on whether Eddie was really in that bad of shape.I know ROTH style as a perfectionist.And no way in hell would he gone through the steps of the photo shoots and rehearsing if Eddie had to have markers on the notes and needed the i-pods.Something really weird happened.I hope one day we will have a whistle blower reveal what the hell happened.
    Oxford

Beer-It does a body good.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You know that saying, "fuck me once shame on you, fuck me again, shame on me"? I think this applies to the whole VH bullshit. How many times are we gonna get hosed. Talk about crying wolf.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Terry
    If they reunite properly; come up with new material, shoot the works with getting that old footage and audio out there pre-tour, MAYBE then I'll throw them a bone and part with some dough for tix. Short of that, fuck 'em. Dave's been serving up the classics for years. He'll continue to do so. For me to give the Van Halens money for what was being proposed earlier this year, it would have just made me the mindless sheep they have counted on filling their coffers for the last ten years when they could be bothered to get up, go out and work. Fuck that shit. I'm not some VHLinker punk. I'm not Eddie's bitch.
    You nailed it.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    At first I was disappointed.

Now, I'm pretty pessimistic about anything happening to be honest.

Nothing we do can possibly influence it, so I ain't going to expend any energy worrying about two fucks who couldn't give a shit about their fans.

Always love the music, but I'm increasingly coming to dislike the people who made it.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Thread Information