X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Breaking Van Halen News

Friday, April 13, 2007 - 02:41 AM, (Reads)

VAN HALEN CHANGES CONTINUE - Los Angeles, CA

Edward Van Halen, Alex Van Halen and Wolfgang Van Halen, the currently confirmed members of legendary 1980's rock band Van Halen, have announced that after a very involved process, they have found a new voice for the group in Sanjaya Malakar. There is no official statement as to the status of David Lee Roth, who was only recently confirmed to have returned to the band he co-founded. Representatives for Roth could not be reached for comment.

Sanjaya Malakar comes from Seattle, Washington and recently jumped into the public eye as a vocalist on the television program "American Idol" (where he has sang such hits as "Signed Sealed Delivered (I'm Yours)" and "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"). It was not immediately clear what Sanjaya's future on the show would be in light of this breaking announcement.

"We are extremely excited about our future and possibly recording a new album. The addition of Sanjaya, who is a great singer, brought to the band new options to keep Van Halen's music interesting. He's also a great guy that believes in what Van Halen believes, making the group stronger than ever! It's the best thing that could happen to us now - and Wolfgang has somebody in the band he can actually relate to age wise now!" says drummer and founding member Alex Van Halen - and the good feelings are mutual.

Malakar says he is "Very excited" to begin his work with the band that has been together since 1974 - fifteen years before Malakar himself was born.

The surprise announcements certainly don't stop there, however. The new Van Halen lineup is once again being managed by Ray Danniels, President and C.E.O. of S.R.O. Management Inc. and Anthem Entertainment Group. Until recently, Van Halen had been managed by Irving Azoff's management team, Azoff Music Management Group, Inc.

There is no further word on the status of guitarist Edward Van Halen, who announced recently that he would be entering rehabilitation for substance abuse issues.

Updates to this breaking story to follow as soon as they become available.

Twistin' by the pool.
  • Coyote
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

God, I hope you're kidding...
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Coyote
      God, I hope you're kidding...
      Here's the link...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Amity75
        Groupie
        • Jan 2007

I think I'm just gona turn the lights out as I walk out the door.
        http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7...vesiggywx7.jpg

Comment

• if6was9
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2007

Friday the 13th.... I knew shit would happen.

Please, tell me it's a late April Fools' Day. PLEASE!!!
          Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Amity75
            I think I'm just gona turn the lights out as I walk out the door.
            Late for the Hagar forums?
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Amity75
              Groupie
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by bueno bob
              Late for the Hagar forums?
              I'd rather slam my balls in the fridge door than frequent a hagar forum thank you vwery much.

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

I'd rather slam my balls in the fridge door than frequent a hagar forum thank you vwery much.
                Which is, of course, why you started a thread asking what Hagar songs could be played on the Roth tour?

Dangerous turf for that kinda talk, my friend.

Well, either way, the fridge door/balls thing can be arranged, I guess...
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Here they are...

Hmm...wonder what the take on this turn of events will be over at the Links?
                  Last edited by bueno bob; 04-13-2007, 06:38 AM.
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Amity75
                    Groupie
                    • Jan 2007

Which is, of course, why you started a thread asking what Hagar songs could be played on the Roth tour?

Dangerous turf for that kinda talk, my friend.

Well, either way, the fridge door/balls thing can be arranged, I guess...
                    No I asked "What hagar songs wouldn't make people vomit if played by CVH". I couldn't think of any and neither could anyone else.

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

No I asked "What hagar songs wouldn't make people vomit if played by CVH". I couldn't think of any and neither could anyone else.
                      Just bringing it up as a thread should have gotten you banned.

Anyway - stay on topic. This thread is about Van Halen's new vocalist.
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                        • Jan 2004

Well FORD, there's your Van Halen 4: http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...threadid=44680

They may as well have kept Gary.

Wonder what the Roth Army Staff will update the front page with.

What do you know; it's Friday the 13th. Just our luck!
                        Last edited by Steve Savicki; 04-13-2007, 07:28 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
                          Well FORD, we don't need any more Steve Savicki links...

They may as well have kept Gary.

Wonder what the Roth Army Staff will update the front page with.
                          No, no, Steve - Sanjaya is the better choice for sure. This will allow Van Halen to reconnect with the youth of America, since Sanjaya's so popular with teenage girls and whatnot.

Either way, since it's official, I guess we're just going to have to roll with it, one way or another.
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

This just in - the summer tour is back on, this time with Sanjaya - read on...

July 7 Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ
                            July 8 Coors Amphitheatre, Chula Vista, CA
                            July 9 Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, CA
                            July 10 Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, CA
                            July 12 The Gorge, George, WA
                            July 13 The Gorge, George, WA
                            July 15 West Valley Amphitheatre, West Valley, UT
                            July 17 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Bonner Springs, KS
                            July 18 Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI
                            July 19 Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI
                            July 21 Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN
                            July 22 Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN
                            July 23 Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN
                            July 25 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Charlotte, NC
                            July 26 HiFi Buys Amphitheatre, Atlanta, GA
                            July 27 ALLTEL Pavilion at Walnut Creek, Raleigh, NC
                            July 29 Post Gazette Pavilion, Burgettstown, PA
                            July 30 Tweeter Center at the Waterfront, Camden, NJ
                            July 31 Tweeter Center at the Waterfront, Camden, NJ
                            August 2 Loring Air Force Base, Limestone, ME
                            August 3 Loring Air Force Base, Limestone, ME

It's Happening
                            Van Halen will officially be touring this summer tour with opening act Whitesnake.

It will be Van Halen's first time back to the road since 2004's American summer jaunt with Sammy Hagar. Initial plans involve placing the stage in a central location in appropriate venues, allowing fans much closer proximity to the performance area.

As with all Van Halen tours, It will feature Edward Van Halen on guitar, Alex Van Halen on drums - but this summer's tour will feature Edward's son Wolfgang on bass (replacing the departed original bassist Michael Anthony) as well as new vocalist, American Idol sensation Sanjaya Malakar.

Tickets for Van Halen go on sale this Thursday, April 26 at 12 NOON via Ticketmaster Online at http://ticketmaster.com. Tickets may also be charged by phone at the following Northeast Ticketmaster numbers: 207.775.3331, 617.931.2000, 413.733.2500, 212.307.7171, 802.862.5300, 518.476.1000,
                            401.331.2211, and 757.671.8100. There is a limit of 6 tickets per person.

Van Halen is said to be "making a considerable effort on creating a more comfortable live experience for the fans without all the drama of lead vocalist problems". Due to Sanjaya Malakar's extreme popularity with teenagers, Van Halen and Ticketmaster highly recommend that tickets be purchased well in advance.

Van Halen will be creating a special web site for the 2007 summer tour that they hope to launch within a couple of weeks. Stay tuned for more info.
                            Last edited by bueno bob; 04-13-2007, 07:45 AM.
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• if6was9
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Mar 2007

This just in - the summer tour is back on, this time with Sanjaya - read on...
                              And the name of the tour is...
                              F.U.C.K. you II Tour 2007
                              Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

Working...