• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Eddie Van Halen suits up for NASCAR appearance

From Billboard.com

Rocker Eddie Van Halen will serve as an honorary NASCAR official this weekend in what will be the guitarist's first post-rehab appearance.

Van Halen will participate Friday (April 20) in pre-race activities at the Subway Fresh Fit 500 NASCAR Nextel Cup Series event at the Phoenix International Raceway, unveiling a limited edition Fender Stratocaster guitar series. Additionally, he is set to greet drivers on the pre-race stage the following day as they are introduced prior to the start of the race.

As previously reported, the guitarist entered a rehabilitation facility early last month, four days before he and his Van Halen bandmates were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in New York.

As such, he skipped the Rock Hall ceremony -- along with lead singer David Lee Roth and drummer Alex Van Halen. Ironically, only ex-members Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony were present to represent the band that night.

The guitarist's personal travails contributed to the cancellation of a planned summer Van Halen tour with Roth on vocals for the first time in 20+ years.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Ah, I caught the other thread...EVH News...
    Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

So, are we supposed to forget the Roth reunion thing ever happened ??

C'mon Ed, give us a break !!!

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Back to the same ol' shit. Ignores the obvious stuff (a cancelled tour, Dave returning, the bass player fiasco) and starts making useless appearances that have nothing to do with the band he hasn't played with for ages.
        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• jharp84
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

Fuck EDWARD! Let him live in FUCKING DISNEY WORLD W/JACKKO!

Comment

• Cathedral
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Folks, they serve mega amounts of beer at Nascar events...it's really not so out of the ordinary for birds of a feather to flock together.

He'll fit right in, like a dick to a pussy.

Comment

• theicecreamman
              Roadie
              • Jan 2005

Its obvious now that the rehab was just a ploy to prevent the reunion

Comment

• Loons The Great

All Hail King Edward, the mighty protector of the Van Halen legend!

You got to a-a-a-accentuate the positive, though...at least Van Hagar is long gone...Van Hagar, R.I.P....REST IN PISS!!

Comment

• Douglas T.
                  Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Subway Fresh Fit 500 NASCAR Nextel Cup Series

So they get a guy FRESH out of rehab to represent here! Aaaaalll righty then!? Maybe he has to make a cuntmunity address statement or something as a condition for early release. I'm leaning toward the insurance requiring his drying out!?

Comment

• Douglas T.
                    Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

...or is the ex requiring it before he tours with wooffie!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Fender wants to sell those expensive EVH Frankenstrat copies. It's a Fender marketing thing not necessarily a EVH thing. Fender wants a return on investment and they aren't going to let the Smoking Loon ruin it for them.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Cathedral
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Genelmen Starcher engens *BURP*

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral

He'll fit right in, like a dick to a pussy.
                          No, the pussy played at NASCAR last month.....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UhcqkIjmAEU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UhcqkIjmAEU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                            Veteran
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            No, the pussy played at NASCAR last month.....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UhcqkIjmAEU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UhcqkIjmAEU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                            lol so true!

Comment

• frankfasteddie
                              Roadie
                              • Dec 2005

The guitarist's personal travails contributed to the cancellation of a planned summer Van Halen tour with Roth on vocals for the first time in 20+ years.

So is billboard where we get are offical announcement that the summer tour is axed? Not that it would shock me however I still havent seen anything from the band.
                              Are you Mr. Roth? I said yes I am. She said well Mr. Roth I can't serve you anymore because I think your drunk and if I was you girlfriend I'd put poison in your drink! And I looked in the bottle and I said why you old witch if I was your boyfriend I'd fucking well drink it too!!!!

Comment

Working...