• Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chi-town324
    If you like Jump, your not a true CVH fan IMO
    Dont make me put you in The Sheep Pen.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• TOM_5150
      Roadie
      • Jan 2004

Jump has an excellent guitar solo.

Comment

• cMb
        Head Fluffer
        • Feb 2007

Even though it's over-played, I can't imagine a VH fan not liking 'You Really Got Me'.

Eddie's guitar tone is mean on that track.

At that point in time, that was the nastiest sounding guitar I had ever heard.

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

JUMP is one of those tunes that like it or not, it takes you
          back to when life was awesome and Van Halen were kings.

Ironically, this thread states that any number of CVH tunes
          would go to number 1 these days, yet JUMP is the one that
          actually did !!
          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Plexi Head
            Head Fluffer
            • May 2005

Originally posted by cMb
            Even though it's over-played, I can't imagine a VH fan not liking 'You Really Got Me'.

Eddie's guitar tone is mean on that track.

At that point in time, that was the nastiest sounding guitar I had ever heard.
            Unfuckingbelievable guitar tone on that tune. Absolutely nuclear!
            "One mouthful of you will rot every tooth in my mouth you little sugar"

Comment

• pflo
              Banned
              • Nov 2006

Re: Fact

Originally posted by frankfasteddie
              I just listened again for the uptenth million time all the CVH albums and I can honesty say that there isnt one song that wouldnt go to number one immediately. I mean any of them. Any album. Pick a song put it in your music player and tell me im wrong. Its no wonder this is the greatest rock band of all time. Long live CVH
              Thats pretty silly.Most CVH tunes WOULD NEVER go #1. People are overall just too stupid. For proof, see "Nickelback".

Comment

• Dan
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by pflo
                Thats pretty silly.Most CVH tunes WOULD NEVER go #1. People are overall just too stupid. For proof, see "Nickelback".
                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Panamark

actually did !!
                  The biggest Ozzy hit was Paranoid at #2 here as I remember so same thing.

The singles buying public is no way to judge a song.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

Big Bad is a very decent tune.

I also skip past Dancin'... Although I do like the way Eddie played it live. Made me appreciate his skills more.
                    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Loons The Great

"A truly strong person does not need
                      the approval of others any more than
                      a lion needs the approval of sheep.
                      "--V.H.

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

The singles buying public is no way to judge a song.
                        Quite a blanket statement there Mr S.

Does that mean any classic rock song that made it to
                        number one is less worthy, simply because more people
                        bought it ??
                        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Polk High
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

God I hate people like you!!!!! Fuck off dude, you sound like a fuckin dork. I love jump and I love classic VH and I'm sure there are thousands more like me.
                          We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

• rustoffa
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark

actually did !!
                            DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY is another example. Not unlike JUMP, it alienated CVH enthusiasts....not enough to make 'em quit.

Unlike VHII, 1984 offered no pennance....post release/CVH-wise.

Think about it back then...folks were like, "what the fuck is up with that DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY song?"

CVH responded with two weeks worth of dynamics....WACF produced EWS. A hard rock staple to this day....hardly a mainstream smash.

It didn't matter...CVH stomped around the tiny blue planet with cuntplete disregard for pop sensibilities....

After a bit of time, and more wreckless disregard for the afforementioned pop sensibilities, CVH put out arguably the darkest example residing in the goddamned six-pack.

FAIR WARNING, in retrospect, may have been a harbinger of what not to expect next. Seedy commentary....secrets. Oddly enough, the recording produced another hard rock staple in UNCHAINED.

HERE'S TO YOUR THIN RED LINE!!!

Once again, CVH stomped around the tiny blue planet, and DAVE didn't ask for permission.

After a bit of time, and wreckless disregard for hindsight 20/20 vision, CVH recorded arguably the most cuntroversial example residing in the goddamned six pack.

DIVER DOWN, in retrospect, was chock-full of enough stuff to make even the heartiest of enthusiasts' drink SOUTHERN COMFORT on the beach, and almost get Eddie ELECTROCUTED.

HE'S HEADED FOR THE MOON!!

Once again CVH stomped around the tiny blue planet, and got paid 1 MILLION DOLLARS for 1 SHOW!

Somebody else do the stupid fucking commentary about 1984 after a bit of time.

Think Orwellian!

Comment

• Loons The Great

Originally posted by rustoffa
                              DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY is another example. Not unlike JUMP, it alienated CVH enthusiasts....not enough to make 'em quit.

Unlike VHII, 1984 offered no pennance....post release/CVH-wise.

Think about it back then...folks were like, "what the fuck is up with that DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY song?"

CVH responded with two weeks worth of dynamics....WACF produced EWS. A hard rock staple to this day....hardly a mainstream smash.

It didn't matter...CVH stomped around the tiny blue planet with cuntplete disregard for pop sensibilities....

After a bit of time, and more wreckless disregard for the afforementioned pop sensibilities, CVH put out arguably the darkest example residing in the goddamned six-pack.

FAIR WARNING, in retrospect, may have been a harbinger of what not to expect next. Seedy commentary....secrets. Oddly enough, the recording produced another hard rock staple in UNCHAINED.

HERE'S TO YOUR THIN RED LINE!!!

Once again, CVH stomped around the tiny blue planet, and DAVE didn't ask for permission.

After a bit of time, and wreckless disregard for hindsight 20/20 vision, CVH recorded arguably the most cuntroversial example residing in the goddamned six pack.

DIVER DOWN, in retrospect, was chock-full of enough stuff to make even the heartiest of enthusiasts' drink SOUTHERN COMFORT on the beach, and almost get Eddie ELECTROCUTED.

HE'S HEADED FOR THE MOON!!

Once again CVH stomped around the tiny blue planet, and got paid 1 MILLION DOLLARS for 1 SHOW!

Somebody else do the stupid fucking commentary about 1984 after a bit of time.

Think Orwellian!
                              ALL HELL YEAH!!!!!!

Comment

• Loons The Great

Ize digs the acoustic versions that Diamond Dave was workin' up on the Radio Rodeo shows in 2002(warm-up gigs for the Roth/Hagar Tour-ah). Stellar!!

Ize also dig the bluegrass version of the tune. Yeah, that's right...I dig it the mos'......

When Roth closed the show at Rantarock in Finland '99 with Jump...every single mofo(40,000??) there was jumpin' up and down like pogo sticks!!

Might as well jump-ahh
                                Might aw well get juiced nah nah yez yez

Comment

Working...