X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TongueNGroove
    Yah? Care to point me in the right direction? I aint heard shit.

Its all here, you just have to dig a bit..

In Brief:

On Reunion and Tour

- Wolfie was instrumental in getting the guys back together,
    showing real talent at the jam, indicating with his Ipod where
    Dad was getting it wrong.
    Instant connection with Ed and Al, "It was a language they
    had created, and was instantly familiar with again"

- Was pissed off at the fact that he wanted to perform JUMP
    (Van Halen's biggest ever hit) at HOF and Velvet Guns & Roses
    wouldnt agree to perform it... Dave didnt want to perform it
    with the Paul Chafe-you band...

Im sure others can add to this..
    There was whole interviews, where ya been Cabo Man ??
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Ellyllions
      Veteran
      • Mar 2006

Touring next year would NOT be a good idea.

Led Zeppelin is rumoured to be rehearsing for a reunion tour next summer with Jon Bonham on drums in honor of his father.

Not even the Classic Van Halen line-up should go out at the same time as Led Zeppelin.
      "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• WelshJon
        Groupie
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions

Led Zeppelin is rumoured to be rehearsing for a reunion tour next summer with Jon Bonham on drums in honor of his father.
        Jason Bonham maybe?

That would be the tits though!
        www.myspace.com/jonsudbury

Comment

• Ellyllions
          Veteran
          • Mar 2006

Yeah, Jason....Dammit.
          "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• Bonzo1026
            Roadie
            • Feb 2007

Not even the Classic Van Halen line-up should go out at the same time as Led Zeppelin.

You all are the authorities on things VH and I am the authority on all things Zep. That said, sorry kids, there is no such tour or rehearsals for any Zeppelin reunion. Just the normal yearly rumors.

And yes, Bonham's son is Jason..............but you'd never know it by his playing.

Comment

• Bonzo1026
              Roadie
              • Feb 2007

I apologize for putting this in main but the initial subject was raised in here. Below is what Plant's up to. I'm not seeing any time for rehearsals for any upcoming reunion tours. Maybe if he wasn't in his 60's he'd have the energy to do two things at once. The rumors started because 2008 will supposedly be 40 years since Zep formed. BUT, they formed in 1968 as the New Yardbirds and weren't Led Zeppelin until 1969 so technically 2009 will be 40 years. Save the rumors until then....................

ROBERT ANNOUCES CLUB DATE FOR BRISTOL
              Robert has announced a gig at the 450 capacity Fiddlers Club in Bristol on June 22nd.Tickets for this small club date are all ready sold out.
              Along with the Green Man Festival this will probably be Robert’s only UK. Show’s this summer, as Robert And The Strange Sensations take on a mainly festival tour of Europe. This is the bands schedule so far.

June 2007
              9 Lutfi Kirdar Convention Center, Istanbul
              22 Fiddlers Club, Bristol, UK
              26 Malta International Theater Festival, Posnan, Poland
              29 Rockwave Festival, Athens, Greece
              30 Moni Lagonista, Thessalonika, Greece

July 2007
              3 Open Air Theater, Anatalya
              4 Jazz Festival, Istanbul
              6 Kaliakra Stadium, Kavarna, Budapest
              8 Roman Arena, Bucharest
              10 PeCsa, Budapest
              12 Exit Festival, Belgrade
              13 Prokurative, Split.
              15 Womad, Taormina Arts Festival, Italy
              18 Blues and Wine Festival, Malta
              20 Roma Fiesta, Ippodromo Delle Capanelle, Rome
              21 Arena Alpe Adria (Udine), Ignano Sabbiadoro
              23 Kasemelte, Graz
              26 Paleo Festival, Nyon, Switzerland
              27 Le Chateau, Carcassonne FR
              29 Conde Duque, Madrid

August 2007
              1 Sporting Club, Monte Carlo
              18 Green Man Festival, Brecon Beacons, Wales

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Zeppelin is "rumoured" to tour just about every year, but it hasn't happened yet.

They actually did come close in 2003. Ironically enough, they were talking to the David Lee Roth Band about opening. But things fell apart. And they didn't even use Page being in rehab as an excuse.

The fact that Page & Plant haven't worked together at all in years isn't a good sign either. Zeppelin may have broke up in 1980, but those two never went more than 3 years without working together in one form or another. But now, Plant is referring to Zeppelin as a "boy band" and hasn't been in the same room with Page in about a decade.

I doubt it's happening. And even if they're thinking about it, they should hold off for another year and call it the 40th anniversary.

On the other hand..... could you imagine a Led Zeppelin - Van HALEN double bill??

That would be about the ONLY circumstance where I would accept Van HALEN as an opening band, and they would have to play a full set.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Well, getting something out and doing a real tour with Mike in 2008 for the 30th ann. would be good. Great way to come back after the 2007 flubfest.

As far as Zep goes...couldn't care less...their day is LOOOONG over...a tour with Jason might have worked in, oh, 95 maybe...but Page and Plant are FAR too long in the tooth to make that shit work anymore, my opinion...
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Zep reunion? No chance.....
                    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                      The fact that Page & Plant haven't worked together at all in years isn't a good sign either. Zeppelin may have broke up in 1980, but those two never went more than 3 years without working together in one form or another. But now, Plant is referring to Zeppelin as a "boy band" and hasn't been in the same room with Page in about a decade.
                      Just to nitpick a bit, it has been not quite a decade....about 9 years. They toured in 1998...

Comment

• jharp84
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                        Zep reunion? No chance.....
                        Have to agree! Just a great pro-shot plant/page concert at Irvine Ca on dvd 1995 THOUGH!!!! CVH in 2008!! GOTTA FUCKIN HAPPEN!!!!!

Comment

• bastardog
                          Commando
                          • Feb 2004

2008, It will really work...
                          ...making their fans to feel older
                          Bastardog

Comment

• evhfan5150
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Apr 2007

To be honest I dont know if cvh will ever tour again. I dont think that ed is ready and I think that they are starting to get to old. I really hope it does work though.
                            "I used to have a drug problem, now I have enough money." Dave Lee Roth

Comment

• ODShowtime
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              Which gives them plenty of time to get something out of either the studio or the vaults on the charts by Spring 2008, and do this shit right next year!
                              Really, it's crazy for them to do this without some solid product to sell.

They could make so much god-damn money with a live DVD for x-mas sales and then a summer tour.

I KNOW people have said this to them. It ain't rocket science.

Just remaster the fuckin' US Fest and put that out! Geeze.
                              gnaw on it

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                                Really, it's crazy for them to do this without some solid product to sell.

They could make so much god-damn money with a live DVD for x-mas sales and then a summer tour.

I KNOW people have said this to them. It ain't rocket science.

Just remaster the fuckin' US Fest and put that out! Geeze.
                                I've heard that Eddie HATES the US Fest show, because of the band's drunken performance. I'm guessing "Sober Eddie" hates it even more.

Unfortunately, the record company types would probably brand it as "not suitable for official release" for this very reason.

Of course what the corporatist bean counters will never understand, and the fans DO, is that a performance doesn't have to be technically proficient in order to be FUCKING GREAT!!

And the US Festival was a FUCKING GREAT show. But I fear that the "OLD No. 7" remaster by our own Dave's PA Rental is probably the best version of that concert that we're ever going to see.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...