• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

ha ha ha, thanx dave lee n!
    no mistakes here bro,
    i expect we'll all be reading about it 2morrow. ha ha!
    and frankly, bru, as one of the older dudes here,
    i would rather listen to fair warning or wacf or eeas or alae or 1984 at home
    than go see sad cheese, and i think our toastmaster general would agree with me.
    wouldn't you bro?
    until HE puts out the next great rock album.

but seriously, DLR IS =VH= nuff said.

Comment

• bru87tr
      Commando
      • Apr 2004

absolutely I agree!!!!

im just making a point that both partys fucked up along the way but the blame is more of edwards as dave is and has been willing to come back for quite a while!

never said I was a sammy lover, did I ? I fucking hate sam!

DLR is VH, true. but one cant be VFH without the other. agree?
      "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Out of all the players in the classic Van Halen lineup, seems to me only Dave has any cognizance about how bitchin the music those four guys made was.

Ed and Al can rail on about how Dave's lyrics and attitude are passe, but that lineup was the definitive Van Halen lineup. The only one that mattered. The one that will always get the most airplay on the radio.

Instead of trying to deny it and denegrating Roth, Ed and the other two should be thankful. The reason they can't give Roth his due is just ego, because to say Roth was an important part of the band would be admitting there was more to classic Van Halen than Eddie's licks.

Van Halen are just a joke now. Too bad for Ed and Al that those first 6 records and the classic bootlegs are still around to contradict their bullshit.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

What's always baffled me is why Ed and Al would disaparage Classic VH as much they have. I know it's due to deep down knowing the product with Spam is inferior.... But Shouldnt they just keep their mouths shut........wouldnt they want to sell more Classic VH albums instead of saying basically" Our years with Dave were just a warmup"?!

Comment

• Lou

Because they'll cut off their collective nose to spite their face, that's why. The fact that Dave shared in that success kills them, so they'd rather disparage it even though they were part of it too. The "success" if you want to call it that with Van Hagar was all about Eddie. Sammy was never an attraction, so Eddie would rather be the one and only star of that music even though it sucks.

Comment

• rustoffa
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Lou
              Because they'll cut off their collective nose to spite their face, that's why. The fact that Dave shared in that success kills them, so they'd rather disparage it even though they were part of it too. The "success" if you want to call it that with Van Hagar was all about Eddie. Sammy was never an attraction, so Eddie would rather be the one and only star of that music even though it sucks.
              There it is, end of discussion. Great stuff Lou.

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by bru87tr
                absolutely I agree!!!!

im just making a point that both partys fucked up along the way but the blame is more of edwards as dave is and has been willing to come back for quite a while!

never said I was a sammy lover, did I ? I fucking hate sam!

DLR is VH, true. but one cant be VFH without the other. agree?
                yeah bro

Comment

Working...