X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PHOENIX
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Ac/dc Returns!

According to a posting on the AC/DC fan site AC/DC Highway to Hell, it is rumored that AC/DC has completed editing video footage for a brand new double DVD set to be released September, which will contain one Bon Scott DVD and one Brian Johnson DVD of AC/DC live in concert. The band has also supposedly completed a new album which is scheduled for release January 2008, with a world tour to follow.

Back in December 2006, Albert Music boss Fifa Riccobono shot down reports that AC/DC had a new record titled "Strap It On" coming in 2007.

"I ran that past Mal (Young) some time ago and he said it was the first he'd heard of it, so I guess the answer no," she told Undercover News. "Also, there definitely is no release date scheduled as the album hasn't been recorded yet."

AC/DC leaders Malcolm and Angus Young have been writing material for a few years. In early 2005, singer Brian Johnson told Launch there was a lot of stuff to work with. "I think, and I might be speaking out of turn, but I think they're doing a double, with the amount of songs — I've been over a couple of times with the boys and added ideas on 46 tunes we had, and they've been working since then!" he said.
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Next year? I'll believe it when I'm holding the album in my hands! How many times has this album supposed to have been released, already? It's quickly becoming another Chinese Democracy!

Comment

• Dan
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Maybe before Christmas we might see something.
      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Release the Bon concert on it's own. Geezus, isn't there 150 Brian Johnson concert DVD's with the same goddamn set list already??
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Good news: can't wait to get some Bon-era on DVD!!

As for an album I'm not that excited: I'll buy it when it comes out, but for me an album just means that they have an excuse to tour, which is where ACDC is best.

Writing for a few years? C'mon how long does it take to write the same album (by Malcolm's own admission): it'll be good to have them back though.
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Oct 2004

Their albums have been getting progressively better. "SUL" was no "Powerage", but it was a good album, probably the best album you could expect from AC/DC in 2000.

Hopefully, the new disc will be a good 'un.
            Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Yes SUL was a good record, much better than I thought it'd be, but I'm not too sure that they've been getting progressivley better: was Ballbreaker better than The Razor's Edge - I don't think so.

But I take your point that if they carry on the momentum on SUL, then we could have a good 'un.

But even if it isn't, it still means that they will tour and that is the really good news!

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Oct 2004

OK, maybe the word "progressively" shouldn't have been put before "better", but you get my general thoughts.
                Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• WelshJon
                  Groupie
                  • Aug 2004

AC/DC tour! Fuck yeah!!

www.myspace.com/jonsudbury

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

I just hope they don't play festival gigs, because they'd have to comproimse.

I'd like to see them play a one-off mega-gig in the UK like they did in 2001, Milton Keynes Bowl, maybe even Wembley Stadium.

Alaternatively, an arena tour would be good: all that volume in doors, yes please....

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

BON SCOTT LIVES

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Hmm...I wonder what the DVDs will consist of.

The Bon era is pretty much certain to be the "Let there be rock" movie but I wonder what Brian`s era will be.

There`s a real boss concert circa 1981 where Brian really sings his arse off, I hope it`s that.
                        sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Too bad they did not film the opening act in paris, 1980 when they shot the "Let There Be Rock" movie. The opening act being Judas Priest.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I'm not all that stoked for a new AC/DC album all because I think Brian's voice is shot and is unbearable to listen at times now.

I like the new live DVD of early concerts, that's cool.

And going to see an AC/DC show is always a great night, despite Brian's vox, which are no way near his greatness from 1980-1985.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

I actaully like the way Brian's voice rasps on SUL....

I feel that it adds something to those songs....

Comment

Working...