X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Bands that are overrated...

Goddamn..I'm sick of Def Leppard recieving a lot of praise in stuff like Rolling stone and such over Classic Van HALEN. Def Lep is a decent band, Up until like 1988, They were a good Pop Metal Band, And Rick Allen is a phenomal drummer, one of the best in the Biz, But honestly, they're overrated, and CVH had a bigger impact on the scene moreso than "Photograph".
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team
  • blueturk
    Veteran
    • Jul 2004

Moronica, Greed, and Straind, for starters.....

Comment

• PlexiBrown
      Commando
      • Mar 2006

Van Hagar.
      And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

I have to disagree with the Def Leppard comment. I can't think of a band that deserves more credit for sticking it out with all of the tragedies and continuning to make music than them.

Other bands have a member die and they hang it up. Others just have them quit and carry on. Then some are just not cut out for any type of longevity.

I've always liked earlier Def Leppard and feel like they hit a creative wall, but I'd have to say PLEASE give their VH1 Storytellers, YEAH! and Slang another objective listen. i'm not saying that you have to love them, but daggone that's pretty good straight ahead rock music that didn't get airplay.
        http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• ace diamond
          Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

BON JOVI
          DEF LEPPARD
          POISON
          CINDERELLA
          GREEN DAY
          R.E.M.
          BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
          TESLA
          RATT
          SLAUGHTER
          PETER CETERA
          PETER FRAMPTON
          HANOI ROCKS
          OH I COULD JUST GO ON AND ON........
          THERE IS AN OVERABUNDANCE OF OVERRATED SHITTY ASS BANDS
          Originally posted by hideyoursheep
          When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
          "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• thome
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Mar 2005

Knicleback or however you spell it, i think they have a great something
            but it seems to need to, cook longer .

Tweeked by someone it has potential, i just don't like it, don't know why .

I hate to be so hard on them evidently the sell records but they seem
            sleepy.

Please don't get me started on the Romantics cover band -Green Day -
            who couldn't stroke the dogs dick of any member of the Romantics.

HACKS!

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
              Sniper
              • Feb 2007

You guys are taking the easy route by naming the obvious, but i'm gonna set this board on fire. But first i wanna say that i'm a really nice guy and this is only my opinion, so please don't call me a cocktard or all those crazy names that you guys come up with on this site. Okay.. ready..... THE BEATLES. Without Sir George Martin, the Beatles would have been an above average band. The time they came to America also played a role. Most of those kids at the airport when they arrived in America where paid by the record label and management to cause a big fuss. if the Beatles would have come out today, they would be just a different sounding band like the White Stripes. Twist and Shout is hailed as a great song, while Shout It Out Loud by KISS is called a Cheezy song. they are both very similar to me. I could give you a lot of comparisons like that. They were the first management/label created bands. now it has evolved to crap like the Back Street Boys and Brittany Spears. Now the Beatles had way more talent than those artist. With a lot of help from the 60/70's drug years, Martin and that Abby Road studio, which was way ahead of the times, they were the perfect storm. Now I'm not saying they suck, I'm just saying they are overrated! I know I'm gonna get death threats by people who roll there eyes when The National Anthem comes on, but when Imagine comes on, they break down and cry. You know who you are!!! One last thing... The Beatles were already a bunch of long haired drug addicts before they came to America. They were told to present themselves as an clean cut Bristish band, so they cleaned up there appearance. then once America accepted them, they went back to there roots. America didn't change them, they changed America. FOR THE WORST!!!!!!!!!
              https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
              http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                You guys are taking the easy route by naming the obvious, but i'm gonna set this board on fire. But first i wanna say that i'm a really nice guy and this is only my opinion, so please don't call me a cocktard or all those crazy names that you guys come up with on this site. Okay.. ready..... THE BEATLES. Without Sir George Martin, the Beatles would have been an above average band. The time they came to America also played a role. Most of those kids at the airport when they arrived in America where paid by the record label and management to cause a big fuss. if the Beatles would have come out today, they would be just a different sounding band like the White Stripes. Twist and Shout is hailed as a great song, while Shout It Out Loud by KISS is called a Cheezy song. they are both very similar to me. I could give you a lot of comparisons like that. They were the first management/label created bands. now it has evolved to crap like the Back Street Boys and Brittany Spears. Now the Beatles had way more talent than those artist. With a lot of help from the 60/70's drug years, Martin and that Abby Road studio, which was way ahead of the times, they were the perfect storm. Now I'm not saying they suck, I'm just saying they are overrated! I know I'm gonna get death threats by people who roll there eyes when The National Anthem comes on, but when Imagine comes on, they break down and cry. You know who you are!!! One last thing... The Beatles were already a bunch of long haired drug addicts before they came to America. They were told to present themselves as an clean cut Bristish band, so they cleaned up there appearance. then once America accepted them, they went back to there roots. America didn't change them, they changed America. FOR THE WORST!!!!!!!!!
                There's only one answer for this, and I'm sure that even Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will agree with me...

NIGGA PLEASE!
                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                  Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Want an overated band...

U2...

I HATE THESE FUCKERS!!!!

For how many albums did these dopes get away with playing the same song?

DINGADINGADINGADINGADINGADINGADINDADINGADINGA..... ..

AWFUL!

Plus you have cuntface Bono....Nice name asswipe....spewing his crappy self serving political bullshit all over the place. Hey Bono...if I want some musician to teach me something, I'll get Lita Ford to sit on my face (this is what I said in 1985...)
                  Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Re: Bands that are overrated...

Originally posted by Unchainme
                    Goddamn..I'm sick of Def Leppard recieving a lot of praise in stuff like Rolling stone and such over Classic Van HALEN. Def Lep is a decent band, Up until like 1988, They were a good Pop Metal Band, And Rick Allen is a phenomal drummer, one of the best in the Biz, But honestly, they're overrated, and CVH had a bigger impact on the scene moreso than "Photograph".
                    Honestly, I never thought Rick Allen was any great shakes as a drummer even before he lost his arm. Didn't suck, didn't overplay and wasn't fill-happy - he did what the songs required.

But Pyromania was a pretty huge album and 1983 was a big year for them. Perhaps in part because Van Halen didn't have a record out that year and only did a couple months of dates in South America and the US Festival far as concerts went...plus Quiet Riot really didn't break out huge with Metal Health until the late summer of 1983 and were then followed by Motley Crue, Ratt and all the rest...the luck of good timing along with good songs...Lep kinda beat all those other pop metal bands to the punch by a year or so.

By the time Hysteria came out four odd years later a whole shitload of pop metal bands had already came onto the scene, but Hysteria sold well in spite of having to compete with Slippery When Wet, Appetite For Destruction and Whitesnake 1987, which were the other big sellers of that year...the longview for me is that Hysteria didn't have nearly as many decent songs on it as Pyromania...about the only Lep albums I even listen to anymore are High N Dry and Pyromania. Band really hasn't put anything out since Hysteria that I would consider essential.

But Pyromania and Hysteria are both diamond status in terms of sales, I think, and I suppose having two of those makes the band worthy of some mention. More so than, say, Hootie and the Blowfish or Alanis Morrisette who each had one monster selling album and weren't able to follow it up.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                      Want an overated band...

U2...

I HATE THESE FUCKERS!!!!

For how many albums did these dopes get away with playing the same song?

DINGADINGADINGADINGADINGADINGADINDADINGADINGA..... ..

AWFUL!

Plus you have cuntface Bono....Nice name asswipe....spewing his crappy self serving political bullshit all over the place. Hey Bono...if I want some musician to teach me something, I'll get Lita Ford to sit on my face (this is what I said in 1985...)
                      Agreed.

Although WAR is a great album, as is the Joshua Tree and parts of Achtung Baby. The rest I can take or leave.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

Creed.

They made even Me want to listen to death metal.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

A huge "verily" to that, Lord!
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                            Sniper
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                            There's only one answer for this, and I'm sure that even Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will agree with me...

NIGGA PLEASE!
                            That's it? That's all the response i get from my blasphemous view? To hell with those guys! People like Sharpton, Jackson, Farrakhan, David Duke and the KKK all work for the Devil. They are dividers not uniters!
                            Carlos Santana is another overated band.
                            https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
                            http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

I'll agree that The Beatles are overrated, no-one deserves that kind of God like worship....

Also:

The Eagles, U2, Nirvana, The Clash

Great bands, but not as great and musically revolutionary as some would have it

And a whole crop of bands that seems to me to have very little cause for acclaim but receive lots of it anyway:

Coldplay
                              Bon Jovi
                              The Killers
                              The Strokes
                              Green Day
                              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...