Spyware Bill Passes House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyware Bill Passes House

The U.S. House of Representatives passed an antispyware bill Tuesday on a voice vote.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007
    3:00 PM PDT

The U.S. House of Representatives passed an antispyware bill Tuesday on a voice vote.

The bill, sponsored by Zoe Lofgren, a California Democrat, and Bob Goodlatte, a Virginia Republican, would make it illegal to access a computer without authorization to commit another federal crime, such as a computer scam. Such offenses could lead to up to five years in prison, while obtaining or transmitting personal information with the aim of defrauding or injuring someone carries a penalty of up to two years in prison, as does damaging a computer.

The bill further would provide the Department of Justice with US$10 million annually over four years to deal with phishing, or using fraudulent e-mail addresses or Web sites to lure unsuspecting victims to provide personal information such as credit-card numbers, and pharming, which involves hackers redirecting traffic to fake Internet sites to fraudulently obtain personal data.

Trade groups praised passage of the bill. The Interactive Advertising Bureau called it "a major step" to make the Internet safe and secure and said it looks forward to "working with the Senate to enact a strong, sensible federal antispyware law."

That will be the next hurdle the measure faces. The Senate has yet to approve such a bill.

Unfortunately this won't stop the REAL criminals from accessing your computers.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Originally posted by FORD

Nope, I am looking at your C: drive right now. Ford...

KiD

Comment

LAFF MY FUCKING ASS OFF!!!

That is one of the best photos of themonkey I have seen in a long time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hardrock69
          LAFF MY FUCKING ASS OFF!!!

That is one of the best photos of themonkey I have seen in a long time!!!
          classic

Comment

For some reason I get some weird flashback of jizzystool by seeing this pic.
            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

LMFAO!

Comment

Working...
              X