X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    The Black and Yellow (Bumblebee) was clear-coated because it was painted by Karl Sandoval when he was working at Charvel...
    uh, the guys name who did that was Ernie Pedragon.

He also designed the Jackson logo for the Rhodes guitar which became the company trademark and got nothing for it.

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GAR
      uh, the guys name who did that was Ernie Pedragon.

He also designed the Jackson logo for the Rhodes guitar which became the company trademark and got nothing for it.
      Hmm...Karl's currently re-doing his site, but there was a story about it, and a pic of him and Ed posing with the finished product posted there...

And it's "Rhoads" you hammerhead.
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• GAR
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

I'm not gonna bad talk the guy, but I've always hoped better for him than to learn he's in bumfuck Whittier which I'll badtalk all day long.. I hate Whittier.

People who move to Whittier, die in Whittier. Scumbag Mexiwelfare Queens can be seen at all hours of the day lined up at the curb waiting for the fucking Metro bus with their washtub guts spilling outta their fucking Bebe undersized micro-hugger jeans with their ugly mushfaced kids in tow sucking on sticks of greased-up corncobs.

If you don't run over an illegal alien in Whittier, you stand just as fair a chance at getting rear-ended by the crazy methhead kids that can't find jobs there but still havent moved outta Mommie's Place.. fucking HELL hole of a town.

And the Sherrif's .. they're nuts. All they do all day long is pull over kids shaking them down in illegal car searches, for drugs. Every one of those dudes is high and whiffed out FUCK Whittier Sherriff's - they're antzy because they're doing lines with all the time in the world to do it with and behind the wheel of a patrol car where they're least suspect - fucking ASSHOLE town, Whittier..

FUCK Whittier. That place is a shithole where all the parolees go to their AA NA and CA meetings because of all the industrial vacancies since General Dynamics said "fuck you we're outta here" to the town and left a huge vaccum over 20 years ago that's never been resolved FUCK fucking Whittier with the fucking ugly stick!

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

And this tirade had what to do with anything, btw?

"I'm not gonna bad talk the guy, but let me ramble on at length about where I googled he lives..."
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Originally posted by jhale667

And it's "Rhoads" you hammerhead.
            And this from a so-called "guitarist"...

Does GARfuckle spell it Van Haylen too?
            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• GAR
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

fuck Whittier.. every chance I get to bring it up.

Again, Karl Sandoval worked for Charvel at a time when they had professional van graphics guys just down the industrial court helping out and it was just the way things are done when murals are airbrushed, they get clearcoated to seal the colors from oxidation UV rays and the car wash.

It's not like Karl had an idea to clearcoat the black n yellow guitars, at the time Charvel had a Tabasco graphic, a Heinieken graphic, a lightning bolt, a smiling tongue, and the classic blue flames lineup in 1978. All were clearcoated, as well as the EVH because the clear buildup between stripes could fill in nicely and buff out like glass, as if colored areas were printed not masked.

Its the way things were done, not "it was clearcoated because of Karl" - who is in BUMFUCK Whittier because that's the kind of decision making he makes - choosing Whittier over a less blighted area.

Whittier's great if you live up in the hills by the golfcourse, or are a cop driving around all nite on meth gettin' yer aggression out abusing people.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Hmm, Whittier= assrape for Gar...

Originally posted by GAR

Its the way things were done, not "it was clearcoated because of Karl" - who is in BUMFUCK Whittier because that's the kind of decision making he makes - choosing Whittier over a less blighted area.

Whittier's great if you live up in the hills by the golfcourse, or are a cop driving around all nite on meth gettin' yer aggression out abusing people.
                Sounds like Whittier touches a sensitive nerve memory for GARfuckle...
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• letsrock
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                  Sounds like Whittier touches a sensitive nerve memory for GARfuckle...

Maybe they put him in his place?

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

Yeah! Norwalk and Whittier - places I NEVER go, and I'll be driving a car worth more than their lives - and the punk cop Sheriffs down there can't deal with a longhair riding thru their neighborhood without pulling me over and shaking me down, looking looking trying to find it, to find it.. calling in my ID looking, waiting while I'm shoved in the back of a patrol car for an hour and a half and I got like 5 or 6 deputies standing around discussing Oprah reruns and pinching each others' asses.

I mean, that used to happen all the time - violating my civil rights and fuck. But man, get spotted a white boy in that neck of the woods, Id be sure to get pulled over.

It's probably more racial than I ever make it out to be since the Sherriffs dept. staffs Hispanic cops in higher cuntcentrations within high hispanic areas like that too but I never acknowledged it at the time.

You know, free country, how could the Sherriff possibly by racist etc etc.

And then of course, gool old Karl Sandoval goes down there to open shop.

Sure, lots of square footage in a ghost town piece of shit like Whittier but another thing, you can't find his shop the way the streets are laid out, they're fucked up man. Look on a map of the place it's fucking toast..

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Another useless tirade, AND you missed the point.

Originally posted by GAR

Its the way things were done, not "it was clearcoated because of Karl"

Not "because of" Karl, you hammerhead - exactly because it was a "factory" finish, and not one Ed spray-painted himself with bicycle paint. Too busy trying to get your rant on...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

It could have been done by anybody at the factory, however who they had responsible for main production painting was not Karl.

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

This would give someone quite the accurate head start on a Frankie replica, OFR with old-school wood screw posts included...cool deal...

STRAT CHARVEL KRAMER FRANKY BODY HEAVY ASH FLOYD ROSE - eBay (item 350215251427 end time Jun-25-09 17:45:00 PDT)

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

For 350 including the bridge, that's a pretty damn good deal *if* it's a USA made and grown ash, and is not too heavy.

All you gotta do is get a used Mex strat for the neck with the CBS head and find a guy to rout for the nut and away you go.

But the guy fucked up the body .. look at the routings, he got a little drunk behind the pinrouter and fucked up in there.

Oh well, with a pickguard no one notices! Still a good buy.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Bwhahahahawhahahahaha!!!

Originally posted by GAR
                              But the guy fucked up the body .. look at the routings, he got a little drunk behind the pinrouter and fucked up in there.
                              Earth to Dumbass , it's a near-accurate recreation of EVH's hacked chisel-job on the original Frankie...and any true guitarist and EVH fan would recognize that immediately... Busted.

And it's a Musikraft, the only company licensed to do Frankie-spec replica bodies.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• indeedido
                                Veteran
                                • Feb 2004

I enjoyed the process of routing mine out myself, but if I were going to do it again I'd check one out. Been there done that kinda thing.
                                This space for rent.

Comment

Working...