Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Exclamation Terror Plot Thwarted At Kennedy

June 2, 2007

NEW YORK -- As first reported by NewsChannel4's Jonathan Dienst, three people were arrested and one other was being sought Saturday in connection to a plot to blow up jet-fuel lines at John F. Kennedy International Airport, officials said.

Four people have been charged. Three suspects are in custody: Russell Defreitas, Kareem Ibrihim and Abdul Kadir. Another suspect, Abdul Nur is still at large.

Defreitas is to be arrainged Saturday in Brooklyn on terror conspiracy charges.

Sources said Defreitas, a former cargo worker at JFK allegedly began to plot attacking the US last July or August. Defeitas sought help in carrying out a plan and went to an FBI informant, who gathered information about the plot.

U.S. Attorney Roslynn R. Mauskopf called it "one of the most chilling plots imaginable."

"The devastation that would be caused had this plot succeeded is just unthinkable," she said at a news conference.

Defreitas is a U.S. citizen with roots in Guyana.

Kadir, a former member of Parliament in Guyana, was arrested in Trinidad for attempting to secure money for "terrorist operations," according to a Guyanese police commander who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Kadir, a Muslim, left his position in Parliament last year. Muslims make up about 9 percent of the former Dutch and British colony's 770,000 population, mostly from the Sunni sect.

Sources said counter-terrorism officials have been following the plot for a little less than one year.

Sources said the plot involved a plan to blow up a BuckEye jet-fuel pipeline at JFK setting off a potential massive explosion. BuckEye provides fuel to all three NYC-area airports.

Sources said the plot involved putting explosives inside the fuel pipeline but realized that "it was not technically feasible."

Officials said the plot may also have included plans to hit the JFK terminal buildings and aircraft, in addition to the fuel lines.

Sources said the planning stages of the plot involved surveillance of JFK airport as well as scouting out US properties in Guyana for possible attacks.

Aviation officials said there is no major threat to air travel related to this plot since it was caught in the developmental stages.

One law enforcement official said: "[There was] credible intent to commit violence but it was not operational."

Officials said the suspects never got hold of explosive devices.

"This was the ultimate hand-and-glove operation between NYPD and FBI," said U.S. Rep. Peter King, a Republican from Long Island.

The arrests mark the latest in a series of alleged homegrown terrorism plots targeting high-profile American landmarks.

A year ago, seven men were arrested in what officials called the early stages of a plot to blow up the Sears Tower in Chicago and destroy FBI offices and other buildings.

A month later, authorities broke up a plot to bomb underwater New York City train tunnels to flood lower Manhattan.

And six people were arrested a month ago in an alleged plot to unleash a bloody rampage on Fort Dix in New Jersey.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Interesting. But I'll wait till more info about this comes out. All of the "fanfare" regarding upcoming supposed terror attacks are usually rife with exaggerations. I think the British "shampoo bomb plot" is the most obvious example I can think of...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    Interesting. But I'll wait till more info about this comes out. All of the "fanfare" regarding upcoming supposed terror attacks are usually rife with exaggerations. I think the British "shampoo bomb plot" is the most obvious example I can think of...
    Yeah, that's what I thought:

Aviation officials said there is no major threat to air travel related to this plot since it was caught in the developmental stages.

One law enforcement official said: "[There was] credible intent to commit violence but it was not operational."
    "Developmental stages?"

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We already know that you don't believe that there could possibly be terrorists within our borders, so...

Your typical response ho-hum response is expected...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So these guys had no explosives, and their alleged plot was not "operationally feasible".

In other words, they got nothing. Again. Except a new string of talking points for the Sunday talk shows. And then the entire thing will be debunked on Monday, but by then the sheeple will be programmed already.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yea, as a sheeple, I strongly prefer that they stop these things in the "pre-operational" stages rather than the post-completition stages..

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Anyone can say "I wish there were laser beams coming out of the Statue of Liberty's eyes aimed directly at the Wall Street banks", but unless they have the means to install such laser beams, that hardly constitutes a threat, does it?

General Secretaty
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wish someone could "connect the dots" and figure out some sort of pattern here.

6/2/07 Afghanistan Ghazni Muslims attack a man's home, killing his wife, two sons and two other children.
    6/1/07 India Nihama Mujahideen militants hurl a grenade at a group of Indian police, killing two.
    6/1/07 India Baramulla A policeman is killed in an attack by Lashkar-e-Toiba on a training school.
    6/1/07 Somalia Mogadishu Islamists gun down a government official.
    5/31/07 Thailand Narathiwat A police officer is shot at point blank range by a Muslim radical pretending to be a customer at a market.
    5/31/07 Lebanon Nahr el-Bared A solider is killed by a Fatah al-Islam sniper.
    5/31/07 Thailand Songkhla Seven people are gunned down by Muslim radicals in front of a mosque.
    5/31/07 Pakistan Guman Pro-Taliban militants invade a home, killing thirteen occupants that included two women and many from the same family.
    5/31/07 Thailand Yala Muslim militants bomb a truck full of Thai soldiers, killing all twelve.
    5/30/07 Afghanistan Uruzgan Taliban extremists kill four highway guards with a bomb.
    5/30/07 Somalia Huriwa A government official is shot to death by two Islamist gunmen.
    5/30/07 India Doda A police chief is assassinated by the Mujahideen.
    5/30/07 Pakistan Quetta A grenade attack on a barbershop by Islamists leaves at least one patron dead.
    5/29/07 Thailand Pattani Islamists gun down a 50-year-old man driving his wife to work.
    5/29/07 Pakistan Peshawar Muslim militants bomb a non-Sharia court building, killing at least one.
    5/29/07 Lebanon Nahr el-Bared A Lebanese soldier dies from injuries suffered at the hands of a Fatah al-Islam sniper.
    5/29/07 Somalia Mogadishu Islamic militias kill two civilians in an overnight grenade attack.
    5/28/07 Pakistan Tank A Fedayeen suicide bomber rams into a truck carrying Pakistani soldiers, killing two.
    5/28/07 Afghanistan Kunduz Two civilians are killed by a Fedayeen suicide bomber.
    5/28/07 Pakistan Tank Islamic militants open fire on a security checkpoint, killing one officer.
    5/28/07 Thailand Songkhla Two children are among four killed when radical Muslims bomb a marketplace.
    5/28/07 Somalia Mogadishu A young Islamist shoots a local judge twice in the head.
    5/28/07 Ethiopia Jijiga al-Ittihad Al-Islami is thought responsible for a hand grenade attack on a crowd.
    5/27/07 Israel Sderot Another Israeli civilian is killed in his car by a Palestinian rocket attack.
    5/26/07 Somalia Mogadishu A teenage shoe-shiner is killed when Islamists detonate a bomb along a street.
    5/26/07 Pakistan Tank Three soliders are killed in a roadside attack by al-Qaeda militants.
    5/26/07 Thailand Narathiwat A 77-year-old rubber tapper is shot to death by Islamic terrorists, who also kill a 23-year-old in a separate attack.
    5/25/07 Thailand Yala Two teenagers are gunned down on the side of the road by Muslim radicals.
    5/25/07 Thailand Yala Muslims shoot a 40-year-old man in the head and torso. He succumbs to injuries a day later.
    5/25/07 Thailand Narathiwat Muslim radicals assassinate a village head.
    5/24/07 Thailand Narathiwat The bullet-riddled body of a 38-year-old man is found a day after being killed by Muslim militants.
    5/23/07 Thailand Yala A 48-year-old Buddhist is murdered by Islamists on his way to work.
    5/23/07 Thailand Pattani Islamic radicals kill a 40-year-old Buddhist in a drive-by shooting.
    5/23/07 Ingushetia Nazran Seven people are killed by a Muslim suicide bomber.
    5/22/07 India Reasi The body of a murdered civilian surfaces. He had been kidnapped by Muslim militants.
    5/22/07 Thailand Yala Muslims murder a Buddhist man and burn his body.
    5/22/07 Thailand Yala A family of four, including two children, are slaughtered in their home by Muslim militants who then set fire to it.
    5/21/07 Yemen Sanaa A bomb hidden in a box kills a young child.
    5/21/07 Israel Sderot Palestinians kill a 35-year-old Israeli woman with a rocket.
    5/21/07 Lebanon al-Qalamoun Three Lebanese soldiers are killed in an attack by Fatah al-Islam.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Big Train
    Yea, as a sheeple, I strongly prefer that they stop these things in the "pre-operational" stages rather than the post-completition stages..
    Sure but the last unfeasible plan involving somehow creating explosives with fluids and a non existent chemistry set in the toilet on planes means that we can't take a bottle of water through security.

The silly show bomber thing means that half the time I need to take my fucking shoes off at airport security which is just a pain in the ass.

I don't mind stuff which is relative to the threat but when its this stupid reactionary FEAR FEAR FEAR agenda I get pissed off.

I posted a while ago about how you coul just buy a bottle of booze at duty free and take it on the plane, smash it and shove the broken bottle neck into an air hostesses throat. Of course they don't ban glass bottles bought like that because it makes money for the airports/airlines. At the same time as only having plastic knives and forks....

Does that count as me being involved in the 'developmental stage' of a terrorist plot?

Cheers!

Last edited by Seshmeister; 06-02-2007 at 06:59 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    To be honest. I don't think these Islamic terrorist are very good at what they do. If I had their resources, I would have not bombed the Pentagon or the World Trade Center. I would have gone after the power gride and fuel pipelines and shut the whole country down with strategic attacks. If it was feasable, I would try and destroy Hoover Dam and put the whole southwest out of power and irrigation water.

That's what I would go after. These dummies go after targets for shock value. They could do much more damage with their resources.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You want to attack things that can't be replaced quickly or easily and are desperately needed to run the country. Bridges, tunels, dams, large power facilities.

I used to replace those huge transformers that are used in substations. They are made in only six plants around the world and are heavy as hell. It takes weeks to get some of them into place and opperational even when you have the transformer.

If they went after key substations, they could black and grey out most of North America for months.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Nitro Express
    To be honest. I don't think these Islamic terrorist are very good at what they do. If I had their resources, I would have not bombed the Pentagon or the World Trade Center. I would have gone after the power gride and fuel pipelines and shut the whole country down with strategic attacks. If it was feasable, I would try and destroy Hoover Dam and put the whole southwest out of power and irrigation water.

That's what I would go after. These dummies go after targets for shock value. They could do much more damage with their resources.
    i think if they did something like the dc sniper on a mass scale it would fuck everything up.
    but it would get pretty ugly in the streets for anyone from the mid east.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by vh rides again
    i think if they did something like the dc sniper on a mass scale it would fuck everything up.
    but it would get pretty ugly in the streets for anyone from the mid east.
    That sniping mission was pretty successful in how they retrofitted a car to shoot out of the trunk through a little hole. People would be looking for a van or an SUV and not a sedan. But they got caught and it really didn't have any real impact at all in a strategic sense.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
    [B]I wish someone could "connect the dots" and figure out some sort of pattern here.
    Well by all means, enlighten us Chickenhawk Little...

What's the "pattern?"

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Islamic Militant Terrorism is the pattern, Dickforbreath...

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Feds foil JFK terror plot, arrest 3

What is the down side to stopping jihadists (or wannabees) in the pre implimentation stage?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ELVIS

Do you kiss your cult leader with that dirty mouth?

General Secretaty
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well by all means, enlighten us Chickenhawk Little...

What's the "pattern?"
    Happy Birthday Nick!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ELVIS

When was the last successful attack they launched, you pussy-bitch! Scared of 'em? Go draw a rifle, Jack Bauer. And enjoy living your life scared of and obsessed about something that largely doesn't exist...

99% of the "terrorism" is Muslim on Muslim violence...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Do you kiss your cult leader with that dirty mouth?
    Only on his penis, after giving him a nice spongebath...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
    Happy Birthday Nick!
    Why thank you Sgt Schultz!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    99% of the "terrorism" is Muslim on Muslim violence...
    You're insane...

Thread Information