Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this Generation know it was Dave's Band?

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Does this Generation know it was Dave's Band?

I get this feeling that todays culture forgot that Dave was the leader and the main reason for getting into vh, despite ed's awesome guitar riffs. dave was the heart and soul of vh. it was daves band, everyone at that time knew it.for some reason i feel people forgot this!!

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i know that it was all about dave, same with all of my friends
    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

®oth A®my f®an©hise ?laya
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This generation and future to come were born after Classic VH so if radio stations and music store just announce any CD by the band as Van Halen, who knows if the future generation will know who sang what without doing their research.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    thats why CVH needs to reunite, to remind people what real van halen is

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Tell me about it, but since this generation if fucke dup with emo and other tripe they refuse to know what good and bad is. And how to wash their hair. *^_^* lml

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    *^_^*

...wrong.

the media makes the emo thing seem big. in truth not too many people like bands like fall out boy or panic! at the disco. people that do are more often than not girls. most "emo" guys you see probably listen to heavier metal than anyone

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    no this generation has no idea who david lee roth is or vanhalen with or without dave.

they have had rap and bubblegum pop shoved down thier throats by mtv and BET.

the rock stations play music from bands like the red hot chili peppers,saliva, crede, and every other shit whiner band you can name, over and over.

i cant tell you how many times ive switched to 3 or 4 different stations here and the chili peppers are on all of em.

i cant tell you one band or 1 song from any of them that i truly like or am happy to hear playing.

i can remember walking down a street here in my town that has several bars in a row and every one of them had limp biscuits i did it for the nookie playing all day long. im so glad that band is over.

music today sucks dirty ball sacks, its boring and has absolutely no meaning, these fuckers couldnt tell a story if thier lives depended on it. mediocre at best.

when i ask kids close to my family or just anyone if they ever listen to vanhalen, they are like HUH? i say yeah vanhalen, they are clueless.
    i dont understand it.

ive said this before and i mean it, kids today suck, they are worthless and weak no ambition or sense of adventure. maybe im just and old fuddy duddy. but GODDAMNIT i know what good music sounds like.

ok ill take that back they aint worthless.
    Last edited by vh rides again; 06-04-2007 at 04:58 PM.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Redballjets88
    *^_^*

...wrong.

the media makes the emo thing seem big. in truth not too many people like bands like fall out boy or panic! at the disco. people that do are more often than not girls. most "emo" guys you see probably listen to heavier metal than anyone
    You've never lived where I have, have you? Sorry but I know for a fact a lot of so-called metal people called emos do listen to a load of crap. I mean take My Chemical Romance headling Download this year! As for heavier metal, it may be heavier but it's just noise not music. I listen to heavier and better metal than all the emos put together and the difference is, I know Brave New World was not Iron Maiden's first album! That is just an example of their mentality. *^_^* lml

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The new generation doesn't even know who Van Halen was because they peed their legacy down the toilet like cheap beer.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Talking

CVH is the only version of the band on radio today...to many young people, it's the only VH they have ever heard...Lucky them!
    "If your child needs a role model and you're not it, you're both fucked".-George Carlin

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Jesus H Christ
    CVH is the only version of the band on radio today...to many young people, it's the only VH they have ever heard...Lucky them!
    Welcome to the Army. Good thing you put the "H" in your name or we might mistake you for all the other Jesus Christ's out there...

If there's anthing good I can say about today's radio is that the only VH I here on air is CVH. A local radio station here runs a bumper every time VH is on deck.

It says... "Got Roth? It ain't Van Halen if it ain't got David Lee Roth!"
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I do miss Sam

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Kids these days the twenty somethings and under don't know what good music is, our fathers said the same thing but that was before rock&roll, so i think there are two generations that had a oportunity
    to be raised on rock&roll.

My generation de finately was there for the best of it.

Music hit me about when i was 10 1970 so i was hearing 1970 back to 1956 music on the radio off and on.

1973 was when i knew this was more than just some new sensation,to me.

I have been to the edge with R&R and to this,Salome bangs her drum.

I really think 2% of Rap i fenominal 98% is the same 2% tunes done over by other angry frosty freezeis icie chilli fools with a mic and a half assed paragraph of words.

The 80s music was just like the lights in your eyes Punk was slammin

Then there was the kinder gentler stuff mixed in and it all went to shit
    about the time Cry Babystarted pokeing fun at the rockstar he was
    thinking it was the others that were selfish.

So in retrospect you kids really were not DOWN you were Off center.

That's cool So be it poor lil chillins'have no idea at all what they are missing.

I bet all kids know who Roth is from a pic -5 BUCKS- i bet kids 20 and under couldn't tell a Spam from a Diamond tune.5 Bucks!

Ps there was some good music.I am sure they didn't get to hear it unless they were at a -buds -house. Cause, it shure wasn't getting air time.Older bro layin down some Roth may have opened thier eyes to the Roth /Hagar differences.

Just think of the poor jr that had a older brother who was a spammie fan.......*shudder*..................*weeping* ..............................................Poor lil tike d'nn stand a chance....*sob*
    Last edited by thome; 06-04-2007 at 09:15 PM.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was initially attracted by Edward and I kinda thought of Van Halen as his band. Many of my friends at the time thought the same way...

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    some of the people who i work w/ who are freshmen in college haven't the slightest idea of who VH is/was/are.
    Of course the majority of them use their ipods and don't know exactly who is playing what song either.
    We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, lemme tell you about the situation outside the US. Here, in Russia there also not many young people who know what was Van Halen. For example: there is a russian site vkontakte.ru (like an american facebook.com), which was created for communication between students, and there are around 600.000 members on it. And only 150 people wrote in music preferences "Van Halen". And among these 150 about a half are Spammy fans. It's all very pity.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Does this Generation know it was Dave's Band?

Originally posted by firestarter
    I get this feeling that todays culture forgot that Dave was the leader and the main reason for getting into vh, despite ed's awesome guitar riffs. dave was the heart and soul of vh. it was daves band, everyone at that time knew it.for some reason i feel people forgot this!!
    Early on-set of alzheimers?

CVH was a team deal... it was stupid bullshit thinking just as you speculate that led to Dave making the biggest dumbass decision of his life.

You don't walk away from the game at half-time in the Super Bowl when you are on the winning team!!

History has clearly demonstrated that neither DLR nor VH were the force to be reconned with... without each other.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Never really thought of VH being Dave's band. CVH will always be centered around Ed's guitar playing and Dave's showmanship.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    At least someone else besides me has the brains and the balls to lay the blame on Roth for walking out on the greatest rock band in the world at the height of their popularity...

That in turn is the reason their legacy doesn't have the impact or staying power it should...

Oh well...

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have teenage daughters and they know classic VH, obviously because of me. I ask their friends if they know who Van Halen is and some do and some don't, but I can tell you this. The ones who do know, always refer to a CVH songs. Jump, Hot For Teacher, Running With The Devil, Dance the Night Away, Beautiful Girls etc.. The other day, I'm in the car with my 13yr old, and a Van Hagar song comes on, which I have never exposed her ears to. She can name almost any big name band right away. So I throw her this ugly curve ball, thinking she might recognize Ed's guitar. Nope, she says I don't know. I tell her it is Van Halen with Fat Sam. She says, no joking aside, she says, did they bring in a girl to write their lyrics for them. HA HA

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Binky
    You've never lived where I have, have you? Sorry but I know for a fact a lot of so-called metal people called emos do listen to a load of crap. I mean take My Chemical Romance headling Download this year! As for heavier metal, it may be heavier but it's just noise not music. I listen to heavier and better metal than all the emos put together and the difference is, I know Brave New World was not Iron Maiden's first album! That is just an example of their mentality. *^_^* lml
    iron maiden is old metal. go pick up a cattle decapitation album and tell me its just "noise"

aka BANTONELLI, DLR Babe
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
    I have teenage daughters and they know classic VH, obviously because of me. I ask their friends if they know who Van Halen is and some do and some don't, but I can tell you this. The ones who do know, always refer to a CVH songs. Jump, Hot For Teacher, Running With The Devil, Dance the Night Away, Beautiful Girls etc.. The other day, I'm in the car with my 13yr old, and a Van Hagar song comes on, which I have never exposed her ears to. She can name almost any big name band right away. So I throw her this ugly curve ball, thinking she might recognize Ed's guitar. Nope, she says I don't know. I tell her it is Van Halen with Fat Sam. She says, no joking aside, she says, did they bring in a girl to write their lyrics for them. HA HA
    Your daughter is very keen and smart!!
    At her age, girls love going to card shops - so she knows a Hallmark/Spamella Lyric from a Roth/In your face & Rockin' Lyric...
    Kudos to her for being educated properly.

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY

thats awesome. thats how i am with my 14 yr old sister, she knows its dave or the grave. amongst my friends if i say "dude you like sammy hagar" there could be a fight

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Duh, Which way did he go george? which way did he go?

Last edited by ELVIS; 06-05-2007 at 04:51 PM.

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!”

Last edited by ELVIS; 06-05-2007 at 04:53 PM.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    iron maiden is old metal. go pick up a cattle decapitation album and tell me its just "noise"
    How about Trivium? Hahahahahaha! *^_^* lml

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, they know.

Any Van Halen that kids are listening to today doesn't have Spammy McGaygar on it! Those fuckheads now listen to My Chemical Romance!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
    Yeah, they know.

Any Van Halen that kids are listening to today doesn't have Spammy McGaygar on it! Those fuckheads now listen to My Chemical Romance!
    I know, they're the reason I decided to go to Graspop instead of Download! Spammy is just some gay dude who knows nothing, Dave is the fucking man! *^_^* lml

11/13/07
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Most of the boys from this generation know who VH is/was. The rocker chicks know, too.

And just saying, "Mama" by MCR is a pretty cool song.
    Roth Army Militia

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Ally_Kat
    Most of the boys from this generation know who VH is/was. The rocker chicks know, too.

And just saying, "Mama" by MCR is a pretty cool song.
    DIE!!! Lol only joking. No, I don't like their style. But it's cool no one knows who Hagar is, like I said the song people know is Jump. That's no fucking Hagar song man! *^_^* lml

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's my experience as well, Ally...

All of the rocker kids I know in church already know who Van Halen is, or like you say "is/was" without me telling them, even though I still do all the time...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What's a "bint" ??

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    What's a "bint" ??
    An not very nice English insult for women. As you can tell, Katie is desperate and didn't have the guts to tell me on the forums. *^_^* lml

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh, I see...

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    What's a "bint" ??

If that is you Binky i would grind my vagina hard on your face and cum for England!

Your tits are not that big, but you have a nice size cup.

You look haggered but well fuckable

Wanna ride?

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by katie

If that is you Binky i would grind my vagina hard on your face and cum for England!

Your tits are not that big, but you have a nice size cup.

You look haggered but well fuckable

Wanna ride?
    Yes, that is me. *rolls eyes* *^_^* lml

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Binky
    An not very nice English insult for women. As you can tell, Katie is desperate and didn't have the guts to tell me on the forums. *^_^* lml
    Check your forum history...

She is a walking dunce cap.

Last edited by katie; 06-05-2007 at 08:20 PM.

independent thinker
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by katie
    Check your forum history...

She is a walking dunce cap.

Long Live Classic VH

and I say Rock On
    Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    first thing i think of when i hear the name van halen is dave!!

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Duh, Which way did he go george? which way did he go?

huh? weird elvis

Thread Information