X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

I think Floyd has too much respect for Pacquiao to push for a KO. If the opportunity presented itself he'd take it, for sure, but the plan would be a 12 round unpicking.

I reckon we'll probably see Pac-Marquez IV first, to be honest.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
      I think Floyd has too much respect for Pacquiao to push for a KO. If the opportunity presented itself he'd take it, for sure, but the plan would be a 12 round unpicking.

I reckon we'll probably see Pac-Marquez IV first, to be honest.
      I don't think we will ever see it as long as Pac is with Bob Arum. Also, Bob Arum said that if the fight did happen the PPV price would be anywhere from $75 to $100. Now i love boxing and i would love to see this fight happen, but there is no way in hell i am going to pay that to watch it live. Never underestimate the promotors' ability to consistently screw the fans.
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

There are so many obstacles to the fight, and I think the notion of either guy fearing the other is the least of them:

1) Floyd HATES Arum; and Arum HATES Floyd.

2) The issue of 'the test' - it is my understanding that were he to give in to Floyd's demands of random testing, Pacman would pretty much have to all of his training in the US (which he doesn't normally do).

3) Money. 50/50 will be a sticking point because of ego.

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Cotto-Margarito II is hotting up.

Despite the fact that they are both past their best (Cotto less so, I think) there is plenty to make this interesting: revenge/redemption (the former for Cotto, the latter for Margo); a question mark over Margo's eye-socket; and a question mark over the 'legitimacy' of his first win.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that Margo had dodgy wraps in many of his fight before Mosely. Given that the other corner gets to witness hand-wrapping, it seems that there must a lot of very negligent 'top flight' trainers out there if Margo was packing something dodgy all of these years. I think Cotto just fought the wrong fight, retreating backwards (rather than circling) which allowed all of Margo's weight to go into those shots. Cotto has never been good defensively - it's not uncommon for his opponents to land 50% of their shots, which is high.

However, I expect Cotto to move more this time and not be dragged into a war. He'll also target the eye socket. Skills wise he has the advantage, but I'm not sure he's ever looked all that convincing at 154, a weight that really, really suits Margo (who'll be nearing 170 on the night, I imagine).

Could be another classic.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
            Veteran
            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
            Cotto-Margarito II is hotting up.

Despite the fact that they are both past their best (Cotto less so, I think) there is plenty to make this interesting: revenge/redemption (the former for Cotto, the latter for Margo); a question mark over Margo's eye-socket; and a question mark over the 'legitimacy' of his first win.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that Margo had dodgy wraps in many of his fight before Mosely. Given that the other corner gets to witness hand-wrapping, it seems that there must a lot of very negligent 'top flight' trainers out there if Margo was packing something dodgy all of these years. I think Cotto just fought the wrong fight, retreating backwards (rather than circling) which allowed all of Margo's weight to go into those shots. Cotto has never been good defensively - it's not uncommon for his opponents to land 50% of their shots, which is high.

However, I expect Cotto to move more this time and not be dragged into a war. He'll also target the eye socket. Skills wise he has the advantage, but I'm not sure he's ever looked all that convincing at 154, a weight that really, really suits Margo (who'll be nearing 170 on the night, I imagine).

Could be another classic.
            I'm with you here. This is the fight i have been looking forward to and will likely buy on ppv. I like Margarito to KO Cotto again.

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Just depends what either guy has left. Margo has endured some long layoffs, but Cotto has taken some big beatings.

Alvarez Ko'd Cintron last night. Cintron's time near the top is over.

Comment

• Little Texan
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Anyone seen Tommy Gun Morrison, lately? He looks like he has full blown AIDS from all of the recent pictures I've seen of him.

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Damn. Not so much a had been as a never was. Lots of power, But there was always something lacking in Tommy.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Cotto-Margo II tonight. Who ya got?

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

the doctor halted the fight after 9 rounds because of Margo's eye. Cotto boxed smart tonight, but it was really a fight between a guy who is on the slide and as guy who is shot.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

any one catch the khan vs peterson fight ....people getting hot under the collar about dodgy decison , thought it was the lazy rounds that cost him it to be honest .
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

I didn't see it (rare for me).

I'm hunting around for it at the moment, but from what I'm reading Khan started to gas and ran out of ideas, before fouling repeatedly.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

Ok, I#ve seen it now.

Khan fought the wrong fight: Peterson out-toughed him, went to the body well and exposed some huge defensive floors. It was a close run thing, and the points deductions Khan endured for pushing were BS. But then again, the knock down Peterson endured was BS too.

Goldenboy can cry all day, but this was a close fight.

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

Yeah , maybe lazy was the wrong word maybe indisciplined suites how he fought better , khan is not the type to push or hold the head down and i agree the the point deductions were BS .
                              Guess in the end you have to give credit to peterson .. tho maybe a draw would have been a fairer result .
                              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                                Veteran
                                • Jun 2005

I didn't have a problem with the decision though i thought Kahn edged it out. The referee was equally bad in all areas and negatively affected both fighters. I hate it when a good fight with world class fighters has a Bush league referee.

Comment

Working...