exactly why Floyd would win
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• DlocRoth
      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
      We're being a little hard on Manny. He may be limited defensively, but he's far rom one dimensional. No one could win belts at that many weights without being a phenomenal talent. Workrate, speed, and a dazzling array of punches make him a real buzz-zaw fighter, who would stand up in any era. His problem will always be boxers, however. He'll out warrior fighters every time, but guys who aren't there to be hit will be a problem.
      I don't think anyone is really being hard on Pac Man. He is a true talent.

BUT... We are talking about Mayweather in comparison. I mean cmon.....

Lil Floyd is not only the best counter puncher of his generation, but IMO one of the best ever to lace em up.

Sorry, Manny. No disrespect but this fight wouldnt even be close.
      Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
        exactly why Floyd would win

Because talent-wise, he FAR eclipses Manny. No contest. Plus he's far better at adapting mid-fight, making adjustments to counter his opponent; Manny just keeps charging.

Bottom line, unless for some reason he forgets to show up - Floyd would destroy him. Agree he's got nothing to prove, and seems content to retire undefeated, but I'd REALLY like to see that fight happen.

So now BHop is talking about taking on Martinez?
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
          Veteran
          • Jun 2005

I don't think anyone wants Sergio Martinez right now. The guy is in another league. I agree with what they were saying on the Martinez telecast the other night. The pound for pound guys are Nonito Donaire, Sergio Martinez, Manny and Floyd.
          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

I was just going to bring Donaire into the discussion. He is REALLY special. It' a shame that guys at the lighter weights don't get the attention. I'd like to see him back in with Darchinian.

Martinez is a great talent, really something special. With all the hype around Kelly Pavlik or Paul Williams being 'saviours' of the middleweight division, it has taken a guy to come out of nowhere to really hold that mantle. I'm really not sure who there is for him to fight though - the Manny fight won't happen because Arum knows its too risky.
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I was just going to bring Donaire into the discussion. He is REALLY special. It' a shame that guys at the lighter weights don't get the attention. I'd like to see him back in with Darchinian.

Martinez is a great talent, really something special. With all the hype around Kelly Pavlik or Paul Williams being 'saviours' of the middleweight division, it has taken a guy to come out of nowhere to really hold that mantle. I'm really not sure who there is for him to fight though - the Manny fight won't happen because Arum knows its too risky.
              If by "too risky" you mean Manny might get knocked the F out by someone that big that's nearly if not as fast? I can't see that fight happening. I think Sergio would give Floyd problems too with his speed and power, but right now I think he gets hit far too much to be trading with a counter-puncher Floyd for too long w/o landing a hay-maker on him...if not he'd get worn down eventually
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• redblkwht
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Great follow ups fellas..Im just enjoying stirring the pot..lol
                great reads!

EUAS

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by jhale667
                  If by "too risky" you mean Manny might get knocked the F out by someone that big that's nearly if not as fast? I can't see that fight happening. I think Sergio would give Floyd problems too with his speed and power, but right now I think he gets hit far too much to be trading with a counter-puncher Floyd for too long w/o landing a hay-maker on him...if not he'd get worn down eventually
                  I don't think Martinez-Manny will happen either (if it did it would be 154). Martinez does get hit a lot, but I agree with you that his speed would be Manny's undoing.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I don't think Martinez-Manny will happen either (if it did it would be 154). Martinez does get hit a lot, but I agree with you that his speed would be Manny's undoing.
                    Yep, think Manny would get embarrassed badly - much like I believe he ultimately would against Floyd. My question is - if the Martinez-Pacquiao fight DID happen at 154, would Martinez be completely sapped after making weight, as was De La Hoya?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

I think it would be an issue - Martinez has bulked up a little since coming to 160. That being said, I doubt it would be enough to render him ineffective against Manny (or anyone else currently campaigning at 154.) if the $$$ were right, however, he'd drop the weight in a second, however.

My gut feeling is that if Cotto doesn't get Margaritto next, Marquez will be down at 154 to end his Miguel's career.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

I'm curious to know if anyone thinks David Haye has much of a chance against Wlad Klitchsko.

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

I think it would be an issue - Martinez has bulked up a little since coming to 160. That being said, I doubt it would be enough to render him ineffective against Manny (or anyone else currently campaigning at 154.) if the $$$ were right, however, he'd drop the weight in a second, however.

My gut feeling is that if Cotto doesn't get Margaritto next, Marquez will be down at 154 to end his Miguel's career.
                          Yeah, but remember we're only talking about 6 lbs. here. That might not drain him completely, and even if it did to a lesser degree he'd likely get Manny out early (JMM proved Manny can be rocked w/ a good counter left, and Martinez' is....well, ask Paul Williams...LOL) , endurance wouldn't be an issue unless it went the distance. I think it'd be more of an issue if he goes up to 168 to fight James Kirkland (IIRC) and then tries to come down to fight Manny.

I think JMM would pretty much destroy Cotto, too. Hell, to be fair, I think Marquez beat Manny and got robbed in that fight. Not so sure about the piss-drinking thing he does, but he is legendary for good reason.

I'm curious to know if anyone thinks David Haye has much of a chance against Wlad Klitchsko.
                          I'd love to say I think he's got a chance, his style is certainly more impressive and less robotic, but - does he have the chin to hang in there trading with Klitchsko? If so, would love to see it.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

I don't know about Cotto-Marquez - Cotto might be a little too big. It's interesting though.

Haye certainly doesn't have the chin to hang with Wald, but no-one does. i haven't given this fight much thought, but my gut feeling his that Haye can't go 12 rounds without getting clipped with something decent. The question becomes: can he land his own big shots first. He has to get close to do that and, for all of his speed, I'm not sure he get's past Wlad's jab. Can't wait though.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2005

I see the Jean Pascal vs B Hop rematch has been scheduled in Montreal at the Belle Center.
                              Way to step up there Jean. If i had gotten my ass kicked by an old man i would be scared to leave Canada too.
                              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                                I see the Jean Pascal vs B Hop rematch has been scheduled in Montreal at the Belle Center.
                                Way to step up there Jean. If i had gotten my ass kicked by an old man i would be scared to leave Canada too.
                                ...I saw BHop confirmed that the other day. Pascal must feel he needs the hometown advantage...uh, because he DOES.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Working...