Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bhop looked a little sloppy in his tune up, seemed to be getting hit more than normal. Maybe he's finally getting 'old'. Doubt it though - at their primes Roy wins every time. Right now, however, it should be fairly easy for Bhop to beat Superman.

As for Floyd-Pacman - it's a case of two fettered egos. Yeah, it's a cheapshot asking for drug-testing, but if Manny really was a champ he'd do it just to prove Floyd's camp wrong and to regain the psychological advantage.

Floyd has plenty of people he could fight - Paul Williams would be a meaningful fight, as would Shane Mosely (assuming he get's past Berto.) Floyd is so concerned with protecting his '0' that he runs the risk of tarnishing his legacy.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Looks like Mayweather-Mosely is a done deal for May 1st. Could be very interesting.

David Haye is going to knock the shit out of John Ruiz on May 15th

There is also a rumour of Pavlik-Martinez on May 8th.

May is shaping up to be a damn fine month!

Comment

• I really like Shane's chances in this fight. I will be curious to see the betting line. Talk about a live underdog.
        RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
        LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Mayweather-Mosely will be interesting indeed...!
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Mosely is a guy you can't write off - I'd still put 'money' on Mayweather though. I think Shane will struggle to find him.....

Comment

• Watched the Edwin Valero fight over the weekend. This guy is undefeated with a perfect knockout record. This is definitely someone to watch out for in some big money fights coming down the line.

Comment

• I've been touting Valero for years - unbelievable power, and, as he showed on Saturday, much, much more.

The problem he faces is that he has a metal plate in his head (I'm not joking), which means that he will struggle to get licensed in many states. That might be an obstacle in getting the big fights.

That being said, right now Valero gets his head boxed by off by any of the best fighters in the world. As powerful and capable as he is, a slick guy should take him to pieces as he's just too open.

Comment

• I had never seen Valero fight before until Saturday. I was quite impressed. As the commentators pointed out, he is not a defensive liability. After watching him i would have to agree. I thought he may be one of these fighters, like a Hatton, who is offensive but gets hit a ton just to get in. That wasn't the case. Valero was very quick and slick. He has very fast feet and he moves well. DeMarco is not a mullet so i can understand him getting hit some, but for the most part he ducked and slipped everything he threw. That being said, i can see where a Manny or a Floyd could have success against him. That's not really a knock against Edwin because i don't think there is a fighter in the world who could avoid their punches. I wouldn't put him in the top pound for pound class yet but i would say he is in the top 5% of the fighters in the sport. With him getting cut by that elbow in the second, most fighters would have looked for a way out but he never thought about the fight being stopped. That showed me most of what i needed to know - heart, drive and will to win under durest.

Comment

• Good call Sonrisa - I don't even think he's the best lightweight in the world yet, but we'll have to wait and see. Plenty of good fights to be made there.

Comment

• Sad news. I saw on ESPN last night that Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero has vacated his title to take care of his wife who has luekemia. She must have gotten to a very bad stage because he has been taking care of her for a couple of years now while still pursuing his career. Thoughts and prayers go out to Mrs. Guerrero. Here is a link to one of many articles on the situation:

http://www.examiner.com/x-38810-Denv...yond-his-years
                      Last edited by sonrisa salvaje; 02-17-2010, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Here's another one:

AFP: Guerrero gives up IBF belt to be with ill wife

Comment

• Wow, that's terrible news.

It makes Guerro a hell of a man - a champ inside the ring and out....

Comment

• I see where James Toney is entering the world of mixed martial arts. He is actually going to fight Randy Cotour at the next UFC. Bad move James.

Comment

• Anybody have any thoughts on this weekends big showdown in Dallas...

Manny Pacquiao vs. Joshua Clottey?

Clottey puches like a mule but you have to love Pacman's speed. I wonder how much Manny can get up for an opponent like Clottey given this is not a superbout?

Comment

• Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje View Post
                                Anybody have any thoughts on this weekends big showdown in Dallas...

Manny Pacquiao vs. Joshua Clottey?

Clottey puches like a mule but you have to love Pacman's speed. I wonder how much Manny can get up for an opponent like Clottey given this is not a superbout?
                                I'd love to see him (or anyone, really) upset Pacquiao...and I still want to see a Pacquiao-Mayweather match.
                                Originally posted by conmee
                                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                                Originally posted by eddie78
                                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...
                                X