X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToraToraTora
    Head Fluffer
    • Aug 2010

David Haye has pulled out of the fight with Tyson Fury with yet another injury sustained in training. How many times is that guy gonna use an injury for an excuse. Remember the sore toe against Klitschko, and the hand injury before his last fight?? Guy's all mouth and no trousers.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Am not a fan of his by any stretch but seen the cut on twitter , would post a pic if I wasn't in a pub lol and the cut was nasty .
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• ToraToraTora
        Head Fluffer
        • Aug 2010

OK it is a nasty cut, but the guy is feckin injury prone....
        Last edited by ToraToraTora; 09-21-2013, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

It's a bad cut but am not sure it needed to stop the fight , it's not as if fury would hit him.
          Now if fury had a cut I would worry ,he could upper cut himself again and open it :
          up

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

A cut that requires six stiches should certainly postpone a fight. I imagine that Haye is gutted about this, as it would have been a big payday.

Hopefully they'll still get it on early next year.
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by vandeleur
              I gotta say that I didn't give him a clear round , and the last one I was to busy expecting him to come out at least try blasting mayweather out of there . He knew it was all over points wise .

I would make a terrible referee , I find it difficult not to score emotively .
              What fights with the sound off - the commentators can easily lead you one way.....

I think that there is a problem with scoring when it comes to aggression - Pushing the fight and throwing punches is one thing, but for those punches to count they actually have to land (on the head and torso, not the arms) so work-rate doesn't really do a lot for me if the guy is missing, like Alvarez was most of the time.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

OK, let's do some more fantasy ATG heavyweight match-ups. As always, assume that each fighter is in their prime:

Evander Holyfield - Joe Frazier

George Foreman - Larry Holmes

Floyd Patterson - Ken Norton

Riddick Bowe (the man with the briefest 'prime' in history) - Lennox Lewis

binnie - Robert Mugabe (a light-heavyweight spectacular!)

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

I will say one thing binnie your match up's are funny .
                  Your Robert magabe had me laughing out loud

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

I reckon I could take him

On another note, one of my former victims - Tyson Fury - will be fighting David Haye in a resceduled fight on February 8th 2014.

Comment

• ToraToraTora
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by binnie
                      I reckon I could take him

On another note, one of my former victims - Tyson Fury - will be fighting David Haye in a resceduled fight on February 8th 2014.
                      Lets hope Mr Hayemaker himself doesn't break a nail or get an eyelash in his eye or something or the fight will be off again.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

That's a bit harsh, dude. A cut that size is a fair reason to stop the fight.

Haye is a lot of things - brash, arrogant, vain, and a relentless self-publicist - but he's no coward. Stepping up to heavyweight and getting the fights he's got has been impressive for a guy who is naturally much smaller than those he fights.

Comment

• ToraToraTora
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Aug 2010

David Haye was a shot in the arm for a very dull division. I admire the fact that he stepped up to heavyweight to fight bigger guys for World Titles. I was rooting for him in the fight against Klitschko. But ever since that fight he has been a whiny bitch. He got beat by Klitch coz he had a sore toe(damaged in training) he said. He retired like he said he would on his 30th Birthday stating he had fulfilled his dream of being Heavyweight Champion of the World, didn't need the money and had always said he would retire at 30. Then what happened? He got involved in one the ugliest brawls ever witnessed against Chisora at that press conf and low and behold came out of retirement to fight. My point made above is that he has pulled out of more fights with "training injuries" that any other fighter i know of. Remember the sore back that lead to him pulling out of his first arranged fight with Wlad before he actually won the WBA Heavyweight title? Then the sore toe, then the broken hand before his last fight, then the cut. I just wish he would stop the excuses and just fight. The cut was a bad one, but he sustained it a week before a big fight in a heavy sparring session?? WTF is he doing heavy sparring a week before a fight, surely sparring should be light at best and not taking full on blows to his head a week before a fight or am i just naive? And now i need to wait until Feb before he kicks the Shit out of Tyson Fury. If Tyson doesn't kick the shit out of himself that is hahaha

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

He certainly came off as a sore loser against Wlad - I think that was partly just disbelief at how easily he was beaten. I think the injuries are genuine, in most cases - the toe was certainly broken (but he should have shut the fuck up about it); that cut is serious enough to delay the fight (and agree that he should have been wearing head gear a week out from the fight if he was still sparring - especially the killers he had in his camp). The back injury is more suspect - I suspect that was faked to delay the fight because Satander - the Sports channel he was signed too - went bust just before the Wlad fight was supposed to happen.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Good fight tonight: Adonis Stevenson - Tarvoris Cloud at 175.

Two big punchers, there could be fireworks!

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

^^^^

A good fight - Stevenson has really started to shine..............

Comment

Working...