X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonrisa salvaje
    Veteran
    • Jun 2005

What an absolute disappointment. I was really looking forward to that fight and to have it end like that....damn.
    It was just heating up too. Cintron was doing quite well, i thought. Looked like he was going to make a good showing that night. If he wanted to continue the fight, he damn sure didn't help his cause by just laying there in a prone position. He should have stood up and showed the doctor that he was capable of getting back in. When he didn't stand up immediately, i knew the fight was in the shitter. Seems like every year there is at least one fight that never gets off the ground due to some strange circumstance, usually a clash of heads. Oh well, there is always Kahn against Malinaggi this weekend.
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Actually, it looked more like the doctor wouldn't LET Cintron get up! He was protesting, but the doc would NOT let him move, or continue. He was PISSED as they were wheeling him to the ambulance, did anyone else see him pounding on the gurney in frustration? The commentators even said he wanted to continue but was not allowed to...sucks!
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
        Veteran
        • Jun 2005

I saw him hit the inside of the ambulance door as well, and i truly feel for Cintron. I am all for fighter safety but to me that seemed a bit overboard. Fighters have long been afforded the opportunity to get back in the ring after falling through the ropes. If a doctor is going to tell him not to get up, then they might as well install a new rule in California that says the fight is over when someone falls from the ring. The fall didn't look too bad - he fell a short distance to the table and it didn't look like he came down squarely on the monitor. He couldn't have been hurt much if he was protesting. My issue with Cintron is this - the doctor can make a recommendation that you don't get up but i don't think the doctor can order you to stay down. By cooperating with the doctor, Cintron enabled the fight to be stopped. If it was me, i would have jumped up regardless and they would have had to hold me down to prevent me from getting back in the ring, thus making it abundantly clear to the crowd and all watching on t.v. that i wanted to continue. Thus, no questions about my heart, desire, etc. Then if the crowd wanted to boo someone, they could have boo'd the doctor and the commission, and not me because i did everything i could do.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
          Veteran
          • Jun 2005

Interesting story developing in the Valero suicide. His family has had his body exhumed so that forensics can tell if he actually hung himself or if police choked him to death once he was in custody.

Amir Khan vs. Paulie Malignaggi

I think Kahn is too strong for Paulie and will put a lot of pressure on. Paulie is difficult to hit so i don't think Kahn can KO him. Paulie will be in 5th gear trying to get away. I like Kahn by UD.

Victor Ortiz vs. Nate Campbell

This is a very interesting fight. I look for the veteran Nate Campbell to try and make a statement after the dissapointing finish to the Timothy Bradley fight. Ortiz is young and has a ton of promise. It is hard to pick against Ortiz but i think Nate will outbox him on the way to a UD.

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Ortiz-Campbell is a much more interesting fight. I expect Campbell to take Ortiz to the trenches and break him, perhaps via late TKO.

Khan-Maligganggi is a tough one. Paulie has been selected for Khan's US debut because he'd feather-fisted and Khan has a glass jaw. Paulie blows hot and cold, and he'll have to be on his best form to be in this fight. He's certainly tough and awkward, but he's never faced anyone as fast and mobile as Khan, who I expect to thoroughly outwork him, unloading on Paulie all night. A UD for Khan, I think. For khan's developement, I hope that Paulie puts up a decent fight...
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
              Veteran
              • Jun 2005

Well so much for my Nate Campbell pick. Poor Nate couldn't do a thing against Ortiz. He couldn't deal with his movement at all. Nate looked a bit aged but Ortiz fought the perfect fight as well. Kahn totally dominated Paulie. I didn't think he would win every round. Paulie didn't have an answer for Kahn's hand speed in a much different fight than i anticipated. Kahn basically came in and fought Paulie's type of fight and dominated him at his own game. With both fights being a whitewash, it really made for a boring evening.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Yeah, a pretty dull evening. Nate is old, palin and simple. I had underestimated Ortiz after he quit againsyt Maidana, but he look pretty solid on Satuday - no real power but a really good work-rate.

Khan looked very solid - I was impressed by how controlled he was, nd how he stuck to the plan. After five rounds, I actually had it close. Khan took over after that - Paulie had no answers. Not too sure I agree with the stoppage, as Paulie wasn't hurt, but Khan is definately developing nicely.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                  Veteran
                  • Jun 2005

I think Marquez vs. Vasquez IV is coming up this weekend. I just watched the first 3 fights again last night and they really were unbelievable. I think it is difficult to gauge a winner due to it has been over 2 years since they fought in March of 2008. Vasquez has only fought once since then - this past October. Marquez has only fought once since then as well, in May of last year. Both ko'd lesser opponents. There is really no way to measure how much they have aged nor how much the toll of the 3 fights has taken on them. I want to think that both will come in and pick up where they left off 2 years ago but we have seen fighters recently who have aged badly over the course of 6 months, much less 2 years. Hopefully, this will not be shades of Duran/Leonard III. I'm going to wait until Friday to make my pick because i want to see if i can make anything of the weigh in.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

I think that those two guys have destroyed each other. Surely the fourth fight can't be as good as the first 3....

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Raphael marquez stopped Vasquez in 3 - the cuts were decisive, and t seems that there is too mch scar tissue onVasquez's eyes for him to be effective anymore. Kudos to Mrquez, but Vasquez should retire now.

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                        Raphael marquez stopped Vasquez in 3 - the cuts were decisive, and t seems that there is too mch scar tissue onVasquez's eyes for him to be effective anymore. Kudos to Mrquez, but Vasquez should retire now.
                        Yeah, seems the scar tissue is going to prevent him from continuing on as a fighter...he seemed to open up pretty easily, especially to be cut up THAT badly by the 3rd round...holy crap.
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                          Veteran
                          • Jun 2005

I bet what Vasquez is going to do is have plastic surgery on the eye where they take some skin from somewhere else on his body and make a patch over the scar tissue on his eye, like a bandaid of skin. Thus if it were to get cut again, it would not cut in the patched area but to the top of it. Seems like at 32 it might not be worth the risk, but with fighters going into their late 30's these days and being viable money draws, i'm sure Vasquez thinks that he would be selling himself short by retiring. I don't think he made a ton of money until the Marquez series started so i can't blame the guy.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

I know what you mean, but the guys who go into their late 30s and 40s are usually slick boxers not fighters - Vasquez must know he's not the man he once was, and I'd hate to see him get hurt.......

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
                              I know what you mean, but the guys who go into their late 30s and 40s are usually slick boxers not fighters - Vasquez must know he's not the man he once was, and I'd hate to see him get hurt.......
                              That's 2 good points in that one statement. I'm with you.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                                Veteran
                                • Jun 2005

This weekend:

Yuri Foreman vs. Miguel Cotto

Hoping it will be a good fight as opposed to a Cotto blowout.

Comment

Working...