X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
    I think Mayorga comes out as usual trying to be macho and giving up his chin too much. Then Mayorga tires and gets knocked out about round 6.
    Yeah, I think Mayorga will get knocked the fuck out too. Dude is nuts if he thinks he's going to take on Manny. Speaking of the Energizer Bunny, think Mosely's the guy to finally beat him?
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

I think Mayorga comes out as usual trying to be macho and giving up his chin too much. Then Mayorga tires and gets knocked out about round 6.
      I'm not sure about a KO that quickly, as I'm not convinced about Cotto's power at 154. I think Cotto will edge it, but Mayorga is a nightmare to fight. Manny Steward will hopefully have improved Cotto's defence, which has always been awful for a top tier fighter.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Anybody know anything about this guy Sergei Dzinziruk that Sergio Martinez is defending against Saturday?
        He's a very good fighter - maybe a little raw at world level, but hungry. This won't be a cake walk for Martinez.

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Originally posted by jhale667
          Yeah, I think Mayorga will get knocked the fuck out too. Dude is nuts if he thinks he's going to take on Manny. Speaking of the Energizer Bunny, think Mosely's the guy to finally beat him?
          Not any more. Shane is an old dude now, and the Mayweather fight ruined his confidence (I would argue that Floyd mentally ruins guys by toying with them so badly.) That being said, Shane is no weight-drained De la Hoya or Cotto, or a Margaritto coming off a very long lay off. Nor will he turn up for a payday like Clottey. Shane looked bad against Mora, but he's always struggled with slippery fighters who are taller - against Manny, he's getting what he likes: someone who comes at you and is there to be hit. Couple that to Shane's handspeed and considerable power, he may have some moments.

There is a reason Freddie Roach kept Manny away from Shane for a long time. The reason he's taking the fight now is because he clearly thinks that father time is catching up with Mosely.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
            Not any more. Shane is an old dude now, and the Mayweather fight ruined his confidence (I would argue that Floyd mentally ruins guys by toying with them so badly.) That being said, Shane is no weight-drained De la Hoya or Cotto, or a Margaritto coming off a very long lay off. Nor will he turn up for a payday like Clottey. Shane looked bad against Mora, but he's always struggled with slippery fighters who are taller - against Manny, he's getting what he likes: someone who comes at you and is there to be hit. Couple that to Shane's handspeed and considerable power, he may have some moments.

There is a reason Freddie Roach kept Manny away from Shane for a long time. The reason he's taking the fight now is because he clearly thinks that father time is catching up with Mosely.

Agree, and win or lose this just makes me want to see a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight worse... I saw Roger Mayweather accused Manny of doping again this week, btw.
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

It's all just hype to keep the 'fight' in the public eye.

Mayweather will need a tune-up first I think. I really don't see how Pac beats him, however.

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

It's all just hype to keep the 'fight' in the public eye.

Mayweather will need a tune-up first I think. I really don't see how Pac beats him, however.
                Agree about the tune-up fight, and also about not seeing Manny having the skills to beat him.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• redblkwht
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Id really like to see Manny get past this, whoop Floyd, then Retire as the best this decade..he deserves it IMO, and Floyd was truly ducking him.

EUAS

Comment

• redblkwht
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

BTW If anyone is gonna shut Floyd's Yap, It could only come from Manny..he's the only elite fighter left for Floyd.

EUAS

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

True 'dat. The only other guys out there are Paul Williams and Sergio Martinez.

Williams and height and workrate might cause Floyd problems. i actually don't think the Martinez fight is makeable (Because Martinez is at 160), but people are talking about it.

I actually think Floyd might toy with Manny - marquez gave Manny fits, and Floyd is a much faster and smarter boxer who could capitalize on Manny's errors. The only caveat to that I have is that Floyd has struggled a little with fast south paws in the past (Juddah)

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Cotto looked good, very disciplined. TKO'd Mayorga in the 12th.

Martinez looked amazing - totally dominant in KO'ing Dz.

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Cotto looked good, very disciplined. TKO'd Mayorga in the 12th.

Martinez looked amazing - totally dominant in KO'ing Dz.
                          Haven't seen the Cotto fight yet, but not surprised at anything other than Mayorga lasting 12 rounds. The Martinez fight was great! That guy is seriously talented, just destroyed Dzinziruk, completely out-worked him - even out-jabbed him when that guy has supposedly one of the best jabs in the weight-class. Very impressive!

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I actually think Floyd might toy with Manny - marquez gave Manny fits, and Floyd is a much faster and smarter boxer who could capitalize on Manny's errors. The only caveat to that I have is that Floyd has struggled a little with fast south paws in the past (Juddah)
                            That's kinda how I see it going... Floyd being elusive and picking Manny apart; while working with Roach has turned him into a two-handed powerhouse, he's still pretty one-dimensional compared to someone with Floyd's (or Martinez' but agree don't see him getting to fight either of those guys) talent. And let's recall while I don't think anyone would disagree Juddah was never the same after the near-mid-fight-riot, he still got his ass kicked - Floyd had trouble with him early, but adjusted and dominated after.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Floyd also does not need to prove himself.I would love to see the fight though.For some reason i cant put my finger on,there is something i don't like about manny.Sure he is a good fighter but i don't actually believe his hype.As has been said is is pretty one dimensional,where as Floyd is as good a boxer as we are likely to see for a good long time
                              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

We're being a little hard on Manny. He may be limited defensively, but he's far rom one dimensional. No one could win belts at that many weights without being a phenomenal talent. Workrate, speed, and a dazzling array of punches make him a real buzz-zaw fighter, who would stand up in any era. His problem will always be boxers, however. He'll out warrior fighters every time, but guys who aren't there to be hit will be a problem.

Comment

Working...