X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
    Many people are saying that Mosely is on some kind of longterm decline and that the Margaritto victory was a mirage in his slide. I'm not so sure. Yeah, he was outclassed by Floyd (who took it easy on him towards the end out of respect - there could have been a stoppage there); and yeah, he looked like dogshit against Mora, who is no Pacquaio. But Shane has never looked convincing at 154 and has always struggled with guys who are taller and ellusive. He's at his best in a fight. Manny will give him that, and I expect Shane to be able to land reguarly on Manny, who is no defensive master.

I expect Manny to win on points - largely due to higher workrate. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe we'll see a brutal retirement beating (although I hope not.) Roach clearly think Shane's on the slide, or this fight wouldn't be happening.

I'd tend to agree, but if anyone can pull the rabbit out of the hat, so to speak...it's probably Mosely...

Having said that, I wish Pacman- Mayweather would finally happen just to see Floyd completely outwit Manny...
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Floyd needs a tune-up first methinks.....
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
        Veteran
        • Jun 2005

Call me crazy but i think Haye-Klitschko will be the best and most exciting heavyweight fight we have seen since Lennox Lewis and Klitschko. I also don't think it is out of the realm of possibility for Shane to knock out Pacman in the stunner of the year.
        RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
        LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

My heart would love to think that Haye has a chance - he's got speed, he's got power, and he's got a little X-factor too. He's also playing a smart mind-game. However, he is vulnerable when hit, and no-one hits harder than Wlad. I just don't see Haye lasting long enough to be honest. We can hope though - he certainly has a better chance against Wlad than he would Vitali.

Shane is a ATG, so we shouldn't count him out. As I said above, he also looks best against guys who come to fight, so Pacquaio is good for him. Can he handle the work rate and the punishment at nearly 40? I don't know - its a tall order. If he hurts Pacman, however, he'll finish him.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

My heart would love to think that Haye has a chance - he's got speed, he's got power, and he's got a little X-factor too. He's also playing a smart mind-game. However, he is vulnerable when hit, and no-one hits harder than Wlad. I just don't see Haye lasting long enough to be honest. We can hope though - he certainly has a better chance against Wlad than he would Vitali.

Shane is a ATG, so we shouldn't count him out. As I said above, he also looks best against guys who come to fight, so Pacquaio is good for him. Can he handle the work rate and the punishment at nearly 40? I don't know - its a tall order. If he hurts Pacman, however, he'll finish him.
            He certainly has the power to hurt Manny (betting he hits harder than JMM), so I think again, unless he gets lucky early...Pacman is in trouble.
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• DlocRoth
              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Here we go Sugar Shane, here we go!!

And anybody who beats a Klitschko is my main man.
              Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

It's hard not to like Sugar Shane, isn't it?

Both Klitschkos are very, very beatable - it will take someone very conditioned (rare these days), with decent speed and work rate to outpoint them. Watch a heavyweight fight from the other 'lost era' of the heavyweight division (early 80s before Tyson) and note how much quicker those guys were. Smaller, certainly, but quicker and more willing to work hard.

The Klits can only beat who's infront of them, and they do it well - but I'm sick of seeing these pussies go over to Germany to get a pay day and coming in 30lbs overweight and only throwing 20 punches a round. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you put the lesser fighters from the '80s in todays mix and they'd be Gods: Frank Bruno, Tony Tucker, Tony Tubbs, Greg Page, Trevor Berbeck......what America would give for one of those guys today.

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

I've got to say (reluctantly), that I think Pacquaio wins by UD tomorrow.

I hope that Shane has his moments, and I believe that if he goes to the body early and often he can give Pacquaio hell. I just think that Pacman's relentlessness will prevail - this will be age defeated by (relative) youth, I feel. Shane always looks best when he can hit his opponent, and he will be able to hit Pacman, so I'm hoping it won't be too one-sided.

To my eyes, however, to beat Pacquiao you have to work well on the back foot, keep him off balance continually and give him angles. I don't think Shane can do that. He's not a boxer, he's a fighter (albeit one with fast hands.)

Freddie Roach is a smart guy: De La Hoya (weight-drained); Cotto (weight-drained - but Pacman would always have his number); Margarrito (weight-drained and suffering from a long lay-off); Mosely (old and coming off two poor performances). The only guy in recent years not fighting at a disadvantage was Clottely, and he only turned up for a payday.

There's a reason Juan Manuel Marquez isn't getting his rematch......

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

I imagine that Kelly Pavlik will win tonight on the Pac-Mosely undercard.

He will look like shit, however. I just don't see Kelly as a force at 168.

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I've got to say (reluctantly), that I think Pacquaio wins by UD tomorrow.
                      While I reluctantly agree with you, I'm still keeping hope alive he knocks PacMan the F out...

There's a reason Juan Manuel Marquez isn't getting his rematch......
                      Because he'd likely WIN...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

I'm not bashing Pacman by any stretch of the imagination - he is an ATG, and has a remarkable CV. Not only has he beaten top guys, he's decimated them. But like many fighters when they command the mega$$$$, he is carefully matched. JMM aside, has he ever fought at great boxer? He's battered plenty of great fighters, but not boxers.

JMM beat him twice, IMO. Interestingly, in the second fight Pacman looked ready to quit at one point (round 8 or 9).

Anyway, back to Mosely. I read an interview with Manny Steward today in which he gave Mosely zero chance because Shane is 'not a boxer or a puncher'. Not a puncher? Fuck off. If Shane hurts Manny, he WILL finish him. And he can do it at any time - ask Margarrito, ask Mayorga.

I just see Shane been overwhelmed by Manny's workrate and lateral movement.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Any of you stuttering pricks gettin the fight? If so, care to give a round by round recap?

- Sincerely, us broke ass Army brethren
                          Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

I feel your pain, my friend.

I will be looking to source it somewhere on the internet tomorrow. In the current economic climate I just can't justified the TV package that would allow me to watch that in the UK.

I have a number of friends who very generously send me footage in the days after big fights.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Well... it looks like the fight went the way any sane betting man would have laid money on it.....

Pac Man UD.

I didnt see it but I guess Manny just destroyed Shane inside and out. Dropped him in the 3rd, for only the 3rd time in his career. Didnt see that coming.

Apparently Mosley was credited with a knockdown in the 10th, but by all accounts it was a push....

Time to call it, Shane...

Masterful show from Manny....

From what I understand, Pavlik also looked good considering his ring rust from a year away from the ring after that beating from Mora. He took a majority decision while landing some nice shots in the later rounds.

Anybody think the now sober "Ghost" can reclaim his status? He's only 29.....

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

So glad I didn't drop $$ for that...

I think I would have been pissed if I'd shelled out $50 to watch by all accounts Mosley running from PacMan all night. Worst part was that they said he COULD hurt Manny, yet chose not to engage. Dunno what's up with that, will have to watch the replay next weekend.

Here's the round-by-round blog I was checking out last night...again, if this description is accurate, glad I didn't waste my money...

One comment I saw: "Mosley's fighting like Ginger Rogers danced...backwards, and in heels." :eek:

Mayweather-Pacquiao HAS TO HAPPEN NOW. Take the fucking test, Manny!

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Working...