X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TFM_Dale
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Von Halen
    Let's hope Floyd cares more for the "0", than the millions.

I'm sorry, but boxing is the most corrupt sport ever.
    No argument here.

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Indeed. Again, you KNOW Floyd's studied the Marquez punch and will land it on him all night even if he doesn't have/use the power to knock him out with it; Larry Kellerman or whatever-the-fuck his name is mentioned he's noticed no adjustment from Manny to avoiding that shot. Marquez got robbed on at least one of those other fights with Pac and Floyd made Marquez - one of the best boxer/brawlers of our generation - look like a fucking idiot. Agree outside of an again, LUCKY haymaker, it's not even going to be close. From that video I watched I think the game-plan is totally outbox and utterly humiliate him.
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Max Kellerman, or Larry Merchant.

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

It was Max Kellerman.
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Originally posted by jhale667
            Thought the rematch clause was regardless of who wins... I can almost see them trying to milk it for a "trilogy", but Floyd in addition to not wanting to let his "0" go, only has one fight left (two tops) before his supposed retirement IIRC.
            Yeah, if it's remotely competitive there will be a rematch. Who the fuck is either guy going to fight next?
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Indeed. Again, you KNOW Floyd's studied the Marquez punch and will land it on him all night even if he doesn't have/use the power to knock him out with it; Larry Kellerman or whatever-the-fuck his name is mentioned he's noticed no adjustment from Manny to avoiding that shot. Marquez got robbed on at least one of those other fights with Pac and Floyd made Marquez - one of the best boxer/brawlers of our generation - look like a fucking idiot. Agree outside of an again, LUCKY haymaker, it's not even going to be close. From that video I watched I think the game-plan is totally outbox and utterly humiliate him.
              Styles make fights. I used to think that Mayweather would dominate Pacman, but now I think it will be a closer fight. The Maidanna fights changed my opinion: like Maidanna, Manny throws unorthodox punches from crazy angles. Because it's not text book, Floyd's defence isn't as water-tight as usual. Manny throws more punches that Maidanna, but he hasn't got the same power and isn't as big (size advantage allowed Maidanna to bully Floyd a bit and move him around the ring). Expect the early rounds to be close, a bit like the Hatton fight.

I don't see a KO. Floyd will be too cautious to go looking for one. I expect Floyd to use the jab more than he normally does, and to be looking for body shots (like he did in Maidanna II).

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

If you guys want to see a great fight, watch Ruslan Provodnikov vs Lucas Matthyse this Saturday (140lbs)

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                  Yeah, if it's remotely competitive there will be a rematch. Who the fuck is either guy going to fight next?

I saw something recently trying to play up a match with Amir Khan saying "he'd give Floyd more problems than Manny will" due to his almost if-not equal speed. Big difference: Khan has a glass jaw. They may be a match speed-wise, but as far as overall boxing skills and ring generalship - Floyd would eventually catch him.

Agree styles make fights, but Pac's style is mostly rush in and overwhelm. But realistically - he's not big enough to bully Floyd, nor does he have the reach to catch him with some of those weird angles. So unless Pac *somehow* makes it a phone-booth fight, his speed will be blunted, and a lot of those wild shots will be blocked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

I saw something recently trying to play up a match with Amir Khan saying "he'd give Floyd more problems than Manny will" due to his almost if-not equal speed. Big difference: Khan has a glass jaw. They may be a match speed-wise, but as far as overall boxing skills and ring generalship - Floyd would eventually catch him.

Agree styles make fights, but Pac's style is mostly rush in and overwhelm. But realistically - he's not big enough to bully Floyd, nor does he have the reach to catch him with some of those weird angles. So unless Pac *somehow* makes it a phone-booth fight, his speed will be blunted, and a lot of those wild shots will be blocked.
                    The only thing that could make a Khan-Mayweather fight happen is $$$$. If enough interest to sell 80,000 tickets for Wembley can be drummed up, it is viable. Personally, I think that Khan - who quite like - should focus on re-matching Maidanna, Garcia, Peterson and hunting down Tim Bradley. A couple of victories would make him a more credible opponent.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by binnie
                      If you guys want to see a great fight, watch Ruslan Provodnikov vs Lucas Matthyse this Saturday (140lbs)
                      Holy fuck, THAT was a war. Watch the replay if you get a chance!

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Apr 2012

After Provodnikov suffered that nasty cut early, I figured there'd be no way it would go the distance. Figured that cut would get worse and worse and would lead to a stoppage.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

It has 'fight of the year' and 'rematch' written all over it!

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Finally caught a replay of that....that cut was nasty from the start. No quit in either of those guys, very entertaining fight.

A buddy who's a huge fight fan texted me as I was leaving for lunch today.. Mayweather/Pacquiao almost fell through today due to a last-minute contract dispute. Fight's in 10 days, final contracts still hadn't been signed. Each side blaming the other. Hour or so later get another text "Issue resolved". But if so, what the actual fuck? The media & public backlash against both of them would have been horrific.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Suspect that was a marketting ploy, J. Can't imagine that HBO/Showtime would have let that fly.....

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Well, we're only one week away so let's have some predictions.

I'll say Mayweather UD 116-112.

Comment

Working...