X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonrisa salvaje
    Veteran
    • Jun 2005

Man, i just knew a riot was going to break out after the Abraham/Direll fight, similar to the Bowe/ Gallata situation. I thought Direll was acting as well until he said he lost the fight and thought he had been knocked out. It was absolutely the correct call. It is a shame that Arthur lost his composure because he was coming on a bit and it would have been interesting to see how the rest of that round and the 12th turned out. Abraham should have gotten credit for a knockdown as well despite the feet getting tangled. I have to admit at this point that Dirrell is for real. The way he performed the other night, it really leaves me scratching my head as to how he didn't kill Froch.
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Yeah, all fucking hell has broken loose about this - the DQ was the right decision, regardless of whether Dirrell was KO'd or not. You cannot hit a man on the floor. Period.

At first, like you SS, I thought Dirrell was acting as the blow didn't seem to have much steam on it. But if he WAS acting, then he's a damn fine actor because those tears seemed real to me, and he really thought he'd lost.

As for Arthur getting stronger, I don't think round 12 would have made a different - he was a MILE behind on points at that point, and had probably landed 6-10 decent shots all night. Yes, he should have been given credit for a knockdown in round six (appauling refereeing) but Dirrell knocked AA down than round too (he was only up because of the ropes, and the rules specify that's a knockdown.)

Dirrell was a worthy winner.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
        Veteran
        • Jun 2005

This is the reason i love the sweet science. You never really know what your going to get do you?

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
          Veteran
          • Jun 2005

I am trying to think of a good over and under for the Roy Jones/ B Hop fight. I'm thinking 5 rounds.

One kind of interesting fight on the undercard is Rocky Juarez vs Jason Litzau.

Can't forget about the David Haye vs. John Ruiz fight this weekend as well. I'm just pissed that there is no U.S. television for this fight!

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

What? No US TV for Haye-Ruiz. That sucks man.

Roy Jones - Bernard Hopkins is a fight that doesn't need to happen. They both should be retired, especially Roy.

However, since it's happening, I'll give up my thoughts. Bhop will win, simply because Roy hasn't got the legs anymore and won't be able to give Bhop the movement that he struggle with - Bhop will be able to keep up with him this time. That being said, Bernard was getting hit more than usual against that chump he had a warm up fight with, so maybe Father Time finally is catching up with him - Roy still has fast hands, and I expect he will have some success with old Bhop. Many people are expecting a Bhop KO, but we have to remember that Bhop hasn't KO'd anyone in almost six years. I still think he's too cautuious to go for broke, and will win a clear UD against the shadow of a man who was easily the most naturally gifted athlete ever to lace up the gloves.

Sad.

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
              Yeah, all fucking hell has broken loose about this - the DQ was the right decision, regardless of whether Dirrell was KO'd or not. You cannot hit a man on the floor. Period.
              Exactly, exactly. The DQ was the correct call. That was messed up.

At first, like you SS, I thought Dirrell was acting as the blow didn't seem to have much steam on it. But if he WAS acting, then he's a damn fine actor because those tears seemed real to me, and he really thought he'd lost.

As for Arthur getting stronger, I don't think round 12 would have made a different - he was a MILE behind on points at that point, and had probably landed 6-10 decent shots all night. Yes, he should have been given credit for a knockdown in round six (appauling refereeing) but Dirrell knocked AA down than round too (he was only up because of the ropes, and the rules specify that's a knockdown.)

Dirrell was a worthy winner.
              I was really impressed by Dirrell in this one, thanks for posting it Bin. Totally agree Abraham was so far behind on points short of a legit knockout there's nothing he could have done to win...
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

David Haye - John Ruiz this Saturday.

It is always difficult to predict a David Haye fight with confidence because by his own admission the man does not have a jaw to rival Jake La Motta. That being said, I expect Haye to blast John Ruiz inside of 8 rounds. People give Ruiz a lot of stick - sure, his style isn't the most entertaining to watch, but he's been in the upper eschelons of the heavyweight division for over 10 years, and that deserves respect. We all know he's as tough as a brick, and I've no doubt he'll try and grab Haye and stop him getting his shots of. But I just see David being too fast and too mobile - his shots will eventually wear Ruiz out.

Comment

• Dan
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

World title bout the lure for David Tua
                  Newstalk ZB - March 31, 2010, 9:02 am

Davd Tua's chances of winning a world title will be severely damaged if he loses to Friday Ahunanya in Auckland tonight.

Boxing commentator Colonel Bob Sheridan says if he wins, the big money is just around the corner, with the winner almost assured of a fight with one of the world champions in the next year. Tua has fought for the heavyweight title once before, losing in a unanimous decision to Lennox Lewis in 2000.

Any thoughts of Ahunanya suffering from ring rust ahead of tonight's fight with Tua have been dismissed. Ahunanya has not fought since June 2008, however Colonel Sheridan says Tua's two year layoff before he fought Shane Cameron in October was beneficial. He says the time out of the ring gave Tua's body time to heal.

Tua is the red hot favourite at the TAB.
                  First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Dan
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Binnie,Money Is On Tua In The 8th Round.

Comment

• LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2010

dan.
                      its a boxing thred not a slapping thred sissyboy.

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LEFTY
                        i'm a sissyboy.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Tua will win well before the 8th round.

I'm not so sure that two comeback fights against crappy opponents gets him a world title shot though - although given the current state of the heavyweight division, you never know. Does he generate enough money for the Klitschko brothers to risk taking him on? I doubt it.

Tua is a never was rather than a has been. All of that potential never really amounted to much.

Comment

• Dan
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Binnie,They Went The WHOLE 12 Rounds.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rAsV0MQ-cl0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rAsV0MQ-cl0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

That's largely because Friday Anunyanu spent the entire fight running away.......

Comment

• Dan
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

I Would Too.

Comment

Working...