X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonrisa salvaje
    Veteran
    • Jun 2005

This is very interesting to me. The fight between Martinez and Chavez Jr. is obviously on because Martinez has issued a statement warning Saul Alverez to stay away from that date. It is also tentative that Canelo will defend his title against Victor Ortiz that same night. Martinez/Chavez Jr would be HBO Pay per view and Alverez/Ortiz would be Showtime (probably PPV). Martinez said that he is proud to be headlining a pay per view and while competition is good most of the time, Alvarez needs to steer clear of that date or after he does what he does to Chavez he is going to go back down in weight, do the same thing to Alvarez and reclaim his belts at Light Middle. Looks like a storm brewing there.
    Regarding the Martinez vs Chavez matchup...the question has been posed why Chavez would take this risk? Let me first say that Andy Lee is obviously no Sergio Martinez. Andy did a good job staying away from Chavez in the first couple of rounds but what really impressed me was Julio's dogged pressure. He was on Andy like a cheap suit. He is not going to try and outbox Martinez. He is going to try and mug him the same way. He has excellent power and great chin. Martinez is going to have to use his movement to stay off the ropes because if gets caught there, he will pay the price to the body and eventually the head. Smart money says that Martinez is going to rock Chavez early using his clear counter punching advantage and that plus his movement will keep Jr. at bay until Martinez eventually gets him out of there. My question is this....what if Martinez doesn't rock him? If Chavez' chin holds up to the test then it becomes a battle of endurance and stamina which both men have. This would make for a very interesting fight. My gut feeling right now is that Martinez is too good but i see this one being a lot closer than people expect. I think another factor in this is that Chavez seems to be gaining natural weight and is having a hard time making middleweight. I don't think his people think he can stay there much longer so why not go ahead and go for the brass ring before you leave that weight class? Even if he loses to Martinez and makes a huge purse, does he really lose? I don't think anyone will think less of him if his only loss is to Martinez and the downside is not as great as the upshot. Back to the weight issue...did anyone find it interesting that during the fight commentary this past Saturday the announcers said that Chavez was unable to provide a pre-fight sample for testing? Sounds to me like he may be taking something to keep his weight in check?
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Yeah, there's been much made about the test. This is a guy who weighs 180lbs on fight night!!

Martinez is at his best at 154, but he's still too much at 160 for Chavez, IMO. I'm very surprised the fight is being discussed when there are other guys out there.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

I didn't get what was happening about the test ... Seemed a bit suspicious or at least a bit out of the ordinary to me , but then nobody seemed to make much of it at the time ...
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
          I didn't get what was happening about the test ... Seemed a bit suspicious or at least a bit out of the ordinary to me , but then nobody seemed to make much of it at the time ...
          More interesting is they mentioned he couldn't provide a specimen for his LAST fight, either...
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Never read that ... Am not going all CSI Roth army but that doesn't sound great .

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
              Never read that ... Am not going all CSI Roth army but that doesn't sound great .
              Jim Lampley mentioned it when they showed Chavez warming up in his dressing room.

Anyone else hear them not-so-subtly suggest the judges of the Pacquiao Bradley fight punished Pac for making them wait 'til he finished watching the game and getting a massage before coming to the ring? Apparently he was over 30 minutes late showing up?
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Judges ain't going to rob you for 30 minutes. Jim L can be a douche sometimes.........

As for fears of doping, if anyone suspected this then they'd be demanding a test...........

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                  Judges ain't going to rob you for 30 minutes. Jim L can be a douche sometimes.........

As for fears of doping, if anyone suspected this then they'd be demanding a test...........
                  No the suggestion with Chavez has been he's been struggling so hard to meet weight, each of those times he's been too dehydrated to produce a sample.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

In which case putting him with elite fighters at 160 is a problem............

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

The HBO commentators indicated they think he'll eventually move up in weight class...willingly or otherwise. He didn't show up @ 180lbs after re-hydrating this time - the fight day weight wasn't given, which they mentioned was odd, but they still theorized he came back in the 170s easily. Chavez was also complaining of leg cramps during the fight, which they said was one of the hallmarks of a dehydrated fighter.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                        Veteran
                        • Jun 2005

It would appear that Chavez is in a quandry because he either keeps killing himself to fight at this weight or he moves up and gets killed by Ward and Froch.
                        RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                        LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• gbranton
                          Veteran
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                          I am sure everyone has heard the claims about Floyd Mayweathers treatment inside.I found this vid and thought i would share with you all.Does not look too bad to me
                          If he doesn't like that then turn his ass out into the general population. Maybe they will take turns fucking him until you can look up his asshole and see the sky.
                          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gbranton
                            Veteran
                            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by binnie
                            Jim L can be a douche sometimes............
                            I'm sure Lamp's ex-girlfriend would agree.
                            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Oh yes 50 pages.Ain't it 'bout time we got a sticky?
                              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                                Oh yes 50 pages.Ain't it 'bout time we got a sticky?
                                Totally agree

Comment

Working...