This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ALinChainz
    Binnie- Hard to say about Oscar now, would seem like the Mayweather fight makes most sense because of the money.
    Yeah, he's fighting Steve Forbes as a tune up, and then I think the plan is Mayweather.

The Forbes fight will be free to watch. Doubt it'll alst long though.

Thanks for the review of the Chambers fight, it wasn't shown over here. Much appreciated.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Some BIG light-heavy fights in April.

Obviously, Calzaghe-Hopkins on April 19th (Hopkins will make it a snooze-fest, the build-up will be more exciting than the fight.)

More interestingly, on 12th April Antonio Tarver challenges for Clinton Woods' IBF belt (Woods will kill him, trust me....) and Chad Dawson defends against Glen Johnson. Both fights on the same bill!

I think Dawson-Johnson will be close. Given the adaptability Dawson showed in his last fight, I see him edging a points victory but I don't suppose we can ever count a guy as rugged and determined as Johnson out of the running.

If the winners of those two fights take each other on, we will have something of a unification (there's still Erdoi's belt mind....)

Comment

• I missed the rebroadcast of the Jones-Trinidad fight the other night (dammit), but one thing I heard them talking during the post commentary about was the possibility of a Jones-De La Hoya fight now?? :confused:

I mean, in Roy's prime, as good as Oscar is/was, I think Roy would've taken him...
        but the pundits were saying Roy is not quite as past his prime as originally thought. They also mentioned the possibiliy him fighting the winner of the Pavlik-Taylor rematch....?
        Though one guy said "You can bet Roy will not have as much fun as he did here against either of the two of those fighters..."
        Last edited by jhale667; 02-02-2008, 03:47 PM.
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• They also mentioned Roy taking on Mayweather for "All-time pound-for-pound", but said that at this point it would be "too much like Roy trying to take himself on in his prime"
          I.E. Same basic skill set, but Floyd is (eight years?) younger and (currently) faster, and thus would have the advantage out of the gate.....
          Could have been cool as shit a few years ago maybe...just like a Jones-De La Hoya fight would have been....then.....
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Well, I'm not really into these "pound for pound" fights if there is too much of a weight disparity.

Jones Weights 175, Floyd 147 - that doesn't make for a good fight, as Floyd will run away all night. Same thing with De La Hoya vs Roy, too much of a size disparity. In his prime, of course Roy would have beaten those guys because he is naturally bigger and far, far more powerful (and probably faster actually...).

Roy did look good against Tito, better than he has for years. But it was against Tito, who really didn't have much to give. Pavlick or Taylor would have too much for him these days I think, although niether one of them would have lasted 8 rounds in Roy's prime (much as I like both of 'em, they ain't in that league.)

Roy should be thinking about fighting the winner of Chad Dawson-Glen Jonson or Clinton Woods-Antontio Tarver. If he can build on his Tito victory, and continue the style changes he's made, he might be a real contender at 175. Might is the key word though....

Comment

• Quintina beat Paul Williams. It wasn't shown over here, but reading the reports he seems to have won it clearly.

Bit of an upset that one, and a testimony to the depth of talent at 147 when a tp fighter gets beaten.

Comment

• Anyone see Pavlik/Taylor II?

I heard it was close.

Wanted to see it, but I just didn't have the energy to stay up until 4am to do so (fell asleep, doh!)

I'll catch a re-run....

Comment

• Nah, man....I didn't buy it.

But from what I've heard, Pavlik won decisively.
                  Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Originally posted by DlocRoth
                    Nah, man....I didn't buy it.

But from what I've heard, Pavlik won decisively.
                    I didn't buy it either, but heard pretty much the same thing...

Funny how Taylor supposedly thoroughly trounced Pavlik in their 1st bout as amateurs,
                    and Pavlik has now avenged that loss twice since they went professional...
                    Last edited by jhale667; 02-23-2008, 12:28 AM.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• It wasn't a one-sided fight by any means - Pavlik was busier and more aggressive, but Taylor was doing the better boxing.

I caught a re-run of it and scored it 114-114. Pretty damn close, IMO. A lot of the reports are saying that the decision could have gone either way, but it was Pavlik's work rate and aggressiveness that edged it for him.

I'd say Pavlik probably landed more punches, but Taylor landed the cleaner blows. Very entertaining fight.

Taylor won rounds 3-6 pretty decisively, his jab and movement stopped Kelly getting into a rhythm. Throughout the fight he was working to the body very impressively. He looked really good actually, and won my respect.

Comment

• Klitscho-Sultan was fucking appauling.

Jab, jab, jab, jab, jab.

12 rounds of watching paint dry.

Comment

• Vasquez-Marquez III this weekend - who ya picking?

For my money, as long as Vasquez doesn't have to pull-out because of cuts, he wins this one in the later rounds by a TKO.

Cuts could change everything though....

Comment

• Originally posted by binnie
                            Klitscho-Sultan was fucking appauling.

Jab, jab, jab, jab, jab.

12 rounds of watching paint dry.
                            More like twelve rounds of watching Klitscho slap at Sultan's jab...fucking annoying.
                            I was sitting there like "SOMEBODY HIT SOMEBODY ALEADY!!!"

Yeah, that was a snorefest.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Fucking Russians.

Where's the great white hype?

We need another Gerry Cooney for Christ sakes.
                              Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• 1. Quintana handled Paul Williams VERY easily, Williams was a disappointment.

2. Pavlik did out punch and outwork Taylor, but the fight was much, much closer than the ringside judges had it. Had Taylor kept up the work rate, he may have pulled an upset. Pavlik's jab won out but volume.

3. Klitschko landed the right when he threw it and Emmanuel Steward kept telling him how bad it looked and how Sultan should have never lasted with him. Too cautious.

Comment

Working...
                                X