X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

Funny bit in the pub, after 6 round the tv quickly asked amir khan what he thought of it and he replied groves had won all 6 ... The whole pub burst out laughing and started hurling abuse ..... He isn't very popular lol
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• So this is love
      Veteran
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by binnie
      Well, Andre Ward took him to school - their fight was 12 round shut out. Interesting that in the long list of names mentioned as Froch's next opponent after the fight, Ward's name was absent. Kessler beat Froch once (Froch won a close rematch), and a third fight would be close. I'd also say that if Golvolkin came up from 160 he's pummel Froch, too.

Froch is a tough, tough dude with immense self belief. But show him speed and movement and he's in trouble. Can't deny he's one of the very best to watch though..
      Do you think Jean Pascal has any chance?
      Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Originally posted by So this is love
        Do you think Jean Pascal has any chance?
        Their fight was close. I don't see a rematch, though. It would require Froch to go to 175, and there a bigger fights there for him if he wants to do that.
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Originally posted by vandeleur
          Mmmm scored it different binnie , thought groves first two and that's it and then became noticeable that he kept getting caught by the punch that finished him . I thought when grove caught him square in the 6 ? And froch shook it off and came straight back it was over for groves . He needed to land that punch when he wasn't tiring .

I think groves needed to swamp in the early rounds if he had a chance once he didn't it was always gonna be a froch finish .
          To be honest I know froch destroyed bute but normally he grinds them to dust and I thought it would be a combination of shots that would finish it but what a punch . Didn't know froch had that in the locker.

I don't see froch going for degale. Why would he .
          I think it's Vegas baby . He goes take on ward with one eye on his passport and new life if it doesn't work out .
          I had Froch rounds 1, 3 and 5; Groves rounds 2, 4 and 6. But they were all close. Froch got tagged a lot - look at his face!

Doubt he'll take on Ward in Vegas - why get humilated again? I suspect he'll take on Julio Caesar Chavez, then maybe have another big fight in the UK. Maybe a third bout with Kessler? If I were on Froch's advisory team, I'd keep him away from Degale - although he doesn't focus well, when he's on he's a nightmare to fight!

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

The ward fight , depends on how much he wants to go out avenging those that beat him . It's not what we think and wars is to good for him . Does froch think ward is to good for him . If you know what I mean .
            The Chavez name is all over the papers and the Internet this morning , Chavez hadn't really been in the frame until now

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

The ward fight , depends on how much he wants to go out avenging those that beat him . It's not what we think and wars is to good for him . Does froch think ward is to good for him . If you know what I mean .
              The Chavez name is all over the papers and the Internet this morning , Chavez hadn't really been in the frame until now
              It's not a case of 'thinking', it's a case of 'knowing'. Froch was not in the Ward fight AT ALL - I can't imagine his handlers will go anywhere near it. I also suspect it's why they'll keep him away from Degalle.

Chavez makes sense from a $$$ point of view. He's well known in the US, and brings in the Mexican audience. A Vegas fight will be PPV, so it's easier to sell that way. Plus, from Froch's point of view, he'd be fighting a guy who is the closest thing a human being has ever been to a punch bag.

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Man the more your trying to convince me he won't go for ward the more I think he will , I didn't think he should have went for bute or re fight the Viking . But he is such a contrary fighter lol

Seriously I think he will pull a nitro and follow the money and good luck to him , he has given me some canny nights in the pub with fights that are pretty much always entertaining .

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Man the more your trying to convince me he won't go for ward the more I think he will , I didn't think he should have went for bute or re fight the Viking . But he is such a contrary fighter lol

Seriously I think he will pull a nitro and follow the money and good luck to him , he has given me some canny nights in the pub with fights that are pretty much always entertaining .
                  I'd agree with you. I often want his bag, fat head to get knocked all over the ring, but I can't deny he's always entertaining.

I wasn't surprised he took the Bute fight. My dad could tan Bute in the time it takes him to spark up, and he's 57!

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                    Veteran
                    • Jun 2005

Great fight. I love high energy stadium fights where the crowd is really into it. Classic stoppage.
                    If i was Froch i would fight Chavez Jr. because he is going to be there to be hit. Also, that would be an equally big money fight. I don't think getting blanked in a rematch with Ward is going to help Froch's legacy.
                    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

The bigger issue here is that Ward - who is arguably the second best boxer on the planet - needs to get his legal issues sorted and fight more regularly.

If I'm Ward, I'm looking to do the following: rematch Sakio Bika and take his WBC crown; and go to Canada and beat up Lucien Bute and Jean Pascall (even if it means going to 175). These things would put him back on the radar, at least - for the guy who won the 'Super Six', his career is in the toilet.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Any takers on Cotto-Martinez?

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                          Veteran
                          • Jun 2005

Any takers on Cotto-Martinez?
                          I have got to go with Martinez though i preface that by thinking we will get the good Martinez; not the one we saw in his last fight. Martinez by UD here in a fight where he uses his quickness and movement to stay out of harm's way. Cotto should be able to hit Martinez enough to rock him a couple of times and possibly even score a knockdown. The interesting part will be that Cotto won't be as respectful of Martinez as Chavez was in the first 9 rounds of their fight. I think Cotto is going to step to Martinez from the outset and if Martinez is not in shape he will get clubbed. I think Sergio will have his big fight game face on here and jump in, exchange and get out before Cotto can do too much damage.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                            Veteran
                            • Jun 2005

Froch groves any one ?

Here is my mini binnie break down

Lots of opinion on if the the first fight was stopped to soon .
                            But no one doubts Georgie boy got in froch's head .
                            And to be honest watching the press for this and froch shouting from the rooftops I've been to see psychologist to stop it this time kind of says he still has froch rattled .

That said Carl is the better fighter, and can sure take a hammering , one to many is the counter to that .

I would like to see froch win he is the better fighter and for some of the battles he has give us I would like to see him retire on a win.

Am going froch out to prove a point with groves thinking I can put this guy down . Total war followed by froch stopping groves in 6/7 th.
                            Good call by the way.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                              I have got to go with Martinez though i preface that by thinking we will get the good Martinez; not the one we saw in his last fight. Martinez by UD here in a fight where he uses his quickness and movement to stay out of harm's way. Cotto should be able to hit Martinez enough to rock him a couple of times and possibly even score a knockdown. The interesting part will be that Cotto won't be as respectful of Martinez as Chavez was in the first 9 rounds of their fight. I think Cotto is going to step to Martinez from the outset and if Martinez is not in shape he will get clubbed. I think Sergio will have his big fight game face on here and jump in, exchange and get out before Cotto can do too much damage.
                              I think Martinez will stop Cotto, even though he's a shadow of the guy he was 5 years ago. Too big, too fast, and throws too many punches. Cotto is way too small for 160, imo.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                                Veteran
                                • Jun 2005

I think Martinez will stop Cotto, even though he's a shadow of the guy he was 5 years ago. Too big, too fast, and throws too many punches. Cotto is way too small for 160, imo.
                                That is an interesting call. Martinez definitely has power and can hit you with shots you never see coming. I'd hate to see Cotto go out like Paul Williams did.

Comment

Working...