X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's Bitch
    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Well that was a shocker.I guess you should never count anyone out in boxing.Well done Garcia
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

wow what a night , khan in the last round what was he thinking garcia was windmilling like a pub drunk at last orders and he kept walking on to them. hats off to garcia he was dropping bombs but khan was amateur ...speed footwork movement .....words he must have had punched out of his head in the 4th .
      Not taking anything away from garcia once he landed he had him .

Haye chisora .. didnt see that coming either .. haye has gone up in my book ..would have enjoyed it more if his groin gaurd wasnt just underneath his chin for the whole fight .

haye and vitali bring it
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

when i sober up i will have a think on were this leaves khans career

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

what was it with haye wearing trainers ?

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Kudos to Garcia - he wasn't intimidated by Khan, kept his composure despite losing the first 2 (and most of the 3rd) and kept his focus. That being said, I'm still not sold on him - he is tough, incredibly strong for the weight (much stronger than Khan) and is competent in most areas. But Khan should not be losing to guys like him - Garcia doesn't even move his head FFS!!

What happened here is twofold: 1) Khan didn't learn from the Peterson fight - he clearly convinved himself the loss was down to Peterson juicing rather than learning not to stand in front of his opponent after firing shots and admiring his work (which just means you get hit back - Peterson targetted the body and guess what? So did Garcia) 2) ever since the Maidana fight, Khan has felt the need to convinve the world that he isn't chinny, taking unnecessary punches to prove he's a tough guy rather than being on his toes and using his speed to rack up points. Move, move, move.

Kudos for the heart he showed in round 4, but the strategy here was piss poor. Kudos to Garcia, who was focussed, patient and imposed his strength on Khan to fight his fight.

I expect we'll see Khan-Ortiz at 147 now - Battle of the False Promise - to see who can actually progress and who should hang 'em up.

As for Garcia, who's out there at 140? Maidana?
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Didn't look like a good fight to me from the highlights I'm glad I did something else last night.

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

I enjoyed it , watched it in a pub drinking beer so it wasn't a huge hardship

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

I thought both fights were entertaining.

Haye really impressed me last night - elusive, composed and lightning fast.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                        Veteran
                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
                        I thought both fights were entertaining.

Haye really impressed me last night - elusive, composed and lightning fast.
                        Hell yeah. Good entertaining heavyweight fights don't come around too often anymore.
                        RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                        LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

The Khan result pleases me greatly.I have been saying since he turned pro he is way over hyped and is just a fast puncher,not a boxer.he has natural speed in his hands and feet but he seem's to have NO idea how to use it.I am not going to go into another "What Khan needs to do" rant.All i will say is his past few performances have proved my point.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

It's a case of Khan has stopped learning - he has plateaued.

Garcia caught him with a great punch and that can happen to anyone, but what shocked me was to see him making the same errors as he did against Peterson. No offence to Peterson or Garcia - they are both very, very good fighters - but they are not the elite fighters Khan was being lined up for.

If he wants to, there is a way back. But can he be bothered? I would suggest (since a Garcia rematch is not going to happen):

- rematch Peterson (it's sellable)
                            - look to fight Devon Alexander (if he can be attemped back to 140 - which he could be for Khan money)
                            - fight Kendal Holt (risky, as he's a puncher, but a good scalp).

That should lead back to the big time at 140. Something tells me, however, that they'll look to go to 147, which would be a disaster - it would be the first time in Khan's career where he would consistently be the smaller guy. If he does stay at 140, I expect someone will make a fight with Eric Morales next......

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

If he fights an over the hill Morales next he has no choice but to win.Should he lose that one his options would be very limited.A Kendal Holt fight would be problematic with the whole Golden Boy Bob Arum situation.I think Holt's style would cause problems for Khan as he is a sneaky puncher,I could see him walking Khan into counters all night and he definitely has the power to put Khan out.It could potentially be an interesting fight and i think Khan needs to make a fight like this and look good in it

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Rumour is that Ricky Hatton is considering a comeback. Just sayin'......

Don't know what weight Khan would fight him at - it would have to be 147 or more surely? - but it would be a HUGE fight in the UK.

Comment

Working...