Originally posted by binnie
Lots of great fights in the next couple of weeks.

This weekend,

Juan Diaz vs Nate Campbell.

Diaz will win this I think, but it'll be tougher than people expect. I reckon UD. Maybe a knockdown but no stoppage as Diaz isn't an explosive puncher.

Sam Peter vs Ruslan Chagaev.

Well, maybe not a 'great' fight lol. I suppose the smart money is on Peter as Chagaev is almost as old a Holyfield, but Sam looked terrible against McCline and is a very vulnerable fighter. I really don't feel confident in making a prediction, but I feel Chagaev may cause an upset. Let's hope Peter has a good night.

David Haye vs Enzo Maccrinelli.

Bound to be a good fight. All the smakrt money is on Haye: naturally bigger, fought better opposition, hits even harder and more unorthodox. That being said, I fancy Maccrinelli for an upset either by later round stoppage or points victory. Haye looked incredibly easy to hit in his fight with Morcmeck, and Maccrineeli has a great jab - together, that spells trouble. If Enzo keeps his head and doesn't get into a brawl in the early rounds, I predict he'll win. (knowing my luck, Haye will spark him in one round and I'll look like an idiot, lol...)

Well, I got all three wrong. Must be losing my touch, lol.

Chagaev was clearly shot. Peter fought OK I thought, but he still has a LOT to do to impress me, he looks so damn easy to hit.

Nate Campbell was the surpirse of the weekend, and is a testament to how open the lightweight division is. Juan Diaz will learn from this, and I still think he'll be dominant in 2 years or so.

As for Haye, it was a HELL of a shot. Maccrinelli left his chin out and he knew he'd blown his chance during the post-fight interview (Enzo Calzaghe was pissed because Macc did not stick to the gameplan.) Macc just gave too much space, although I thought he was winning round two up to the knock out.

Now that Haye has moved up, I imagine Maccrinelli will clean up at Cruiser anyway. He'll pummel Steve Cunningham should that fight ever happen, and I don't imagine Mormeck will be big enough to impose himself on Enzo. O'neil Bell is the fight I'd really like to see.