Clear All
  • DlocRoth
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

T minus 5 minutes......

Have a ball, Bin....

I'm watching it with you...

60 fucking US dollars later....
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I thought it was in another 2 hours?

I was thinking about watching it but crazy time and crazy money $40 pay per view here.

I'm off to bed.

Comment

• ALinChainz
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Had it 87-83 Mayweather, which was two points poorer than the judges at ringside (89-81).

Mayweather decided to start jabbing, which I was screaming for him to do, move and jab.

That first knockdown was devastating, Hatton went head-long into the turnbuckle in the corner.

Comment

• BlimpyCHIMP™
          Banned
          • May 2004

THE ONLY BUCKLES I TURN IN TO CORNERS FOR IS TO PEE

BC!!
          WHIZZ BANG SPLASH THAT THANG

Comment

• ALinChainz
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Round-by-round in the Mayweather-Hatton fight

By GREG BEACHAM, AP

Sports Writer

December 9, 2007

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Round-by-round action in Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s WBC welterweight title fight with England's Ricky Hatton:

ROUND 1 -- Hatton charges from the opening bell. Mayweather holds the neck, and they wrestle. Both very active and mobile. Hatton lands a left hand, and so does Mayweather. Hatton trying to work inside, but Mayweather counterpunches early. Mayweather dodges, but Hatton lands a hand. Crowd roaring with every shot. Mayweather loses balance on defense, and his seven-step stumble drives the crowd mad. Hatton chases Mayweather twice into red corner. Repeated clinch, but Hatton keeps swinging one-handed. Mayweather gets a big crack, and fighters briefly scuffle at the bell.

Hatton's round.

ROUND 2 -- Hatton draws another roar with a quick opening punch. Hatton wants to brawl, and Mayweather is thinking about it. Hatton charges Mayweather on the ropes, and the champion needs all of his quickness to avoid it. Referee Joe Cortez calls time, warns both fighters. Mayweather bounces and weaves, and Hatton gets a straight right in. Mayweather lands a sharp left on Hatton's nose. Cortez gives another stern lecture, fearful of a wrestling match. Both run and wrestle to the bell.

Mayweather's round.

ROUND 3 -- Hatton leads with a left while striving to get inside. Mayweather sitting back, playing defense, working the body. Mayweather ducks a left hook. Another clinch. Cortez allowing Hatton greater freedom to stay inside. Hatton hugs Mayweather into ropes, and Hatton turns to Cortez -- but Mayweather lands a straight right and a shoulder shove. Mayweather ducks and dodges. Hatton is fighting a classic brawling style. Mayweather's nose is shiny, but Hatton's right eye begins to bleed

Mayweather's round.

ROUND 4 -- They trade fierce combinations in Mayweather's corner. Hatton works the body with a left, but Mayweather turns his shoulder. Hatton can't move Mayweather anywhere he doesn't want to go, and Mayweather's counterpunching has improved. Mayweather slips a straight left inside on Hatton's head. Mayweather snaps Hatton's neck twice with right hands, but Hatton stays in tight. Mayweather tattoos Hatton's face with combinations, picking at the cut. Hatton keeps charging, but Mayweather is in charge.

Mayweather's round.

ROUND 5 -- Hatton charges and shoves Mayweather into the corner, but Mayweather turns his shoulder for defense. Hatton still active with combinations. Mayweather sitting back, catching a breather on the ropes. A tangle of arms and heads in the corner. Mayweather content to sit back, and Hatton gains confidence for a combination. Hatton still vulnerable to Mayweather's speedy straight hands. The fighters lock arms, and Cortez warns. Mayweather puts a glove in Hatton's face, ending a round with little activity.

Hatton's round.

ROUND 6 -- Mayweather ducks underneath punches and blocks others, as usual. Hatton catches Mayweather's chin near the ropes, and the ensuing flury ends with Mayweather's upper body through the ropes. Cortez deducts a punch for a blow to the back of Mayweather's head, inciting the crowd's ire. Hatton reacts with disbelief. Another exciting combination results in little damage. Mayweather tags Hatton's chin with a straight right. The crowd produces its first anti-Cortez song of the night. They wrestle in Mayweather's corner, and Hatton plays to the crowd. Hatton is reluctant to go back to his corner at the bell.

Mayweather's round.

ROUND 7 -- Mayweather dances a full circle, then wraps up Hatton's arms. More wrestling in the corner, but both come out of it punching. Mayweather tries body shots, but Hatton is too quick. Mayweather blocks a nasty-looking combination. Hatton pushes to set up shots, but Mayweather has played this game before. Hatton barely avoids a right hand. They push in the center of the ring, Hatton constantly leaning forward. Mayweather lands a snapping left hand, then chases Hatton in a classic late-round surge.

Mayweather's round.

ROUND 8 -- Lots of movement, no punches landing for either fighter. Mayweather punches his way out of a clinch, then lands a sneaky right uppercut. Hatton responds admirably, but Mayweather catches Hatton flush with a straight right, sending Hatton staggering into him. Mayweather smells it, chasing him to the ropes and unloading as Hatton crouches. Hatton recovers and goes to the body as a few hundred fans chant "U-S-A!" over the English drumbeat. The fighters lean into each other. Mayweather slips inside and lands another series of shots, starting with a smashing right and punctuated by another. Mayweather unloads with a ferocity we've rarely seen from him in recent years, but Hatton stays upright.

Mayweather's round.

ROUND 9 -- "Hatton Wonderland" sounds less convincing now. Hatton still charging forward, and he gets Mayweather to the ropes without landing a square punch. Mayweather sitting back, catching Hatton again with another right that's too fast to block. Mayweather turns his shoulder, then lands another right. Mayweather slaps Hatton with a left, then makes Hatton whiff on a left hook. Hatton still stalking, but Mayweather slaps at his head. Mayweather lands another straight right counterpunch, fighting confidently.

Mayweather's round.

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
              Commando
              • Mar 2003

Round-by-round in the Mayweather-Hatton fight

By GREG BEACHAM, AP

Sports Writer

December 9, 2007

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Round-by-round action in Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s WBC welterweight title fight with England's Ricky Hatton:

ROUND 1 -- Hatton charges from the opening bell. Mayweather holds the neck, and they wrestle. Both very active and mobile. Hatton lands a left hand, and so does Mayweather. Hatton trying to work inside, but Mayweather counterpunches early. Mayweather dodges, but Hatton lands a hand. Crowd roaring with every shot. Mayweather loses balance on defense, and his seven-step stumble drives the crowd mad. Hatton chases Mayweather twice into red corner. Repeated clinch, but Hatton keeps swinging one-handed. Mayweather gets a big crack, and fighters briefly scuffle at the bell.

Hatton's round.

ROUND 2 -- Hatton draws another roar with a quick opening punch. Hatton wants to brawl, and Mayweather is thinking about it. Hatton charges Mayweather on the ropes, and the champion needs all of his quickness to avoid it. Referee Joe Cortez calls time, warns both fighters. Mayweather bounces and weaves, and Hatton gets a straight right in. Mayweather lands a sharp left on Hatton's nose. Cortez gives another stern lecture, fearful of a wrestling match. Both run and wrestle to the bell.

Mayweather's round.

ROUND 3 -- Hatton leads with a left while striving to get inside. Mayweather sitting back, playing defense, working the body. Mayweather ducks a left hook. Another clinch. Cortez allowing Hatton greater freedom to stay inside. Hatton hugs Mayweather into ropes, and Hatton turns to Cortez -- but Mayweather lands a straight right and a shoulder shove. Mayweather ducks and dodges. Hatton is fighting a classic brawling style. Mayweather's nose is shiny, but Hatton's right eye begins to bleed

Mayweather's round.

ROUND 4 -- They trade fierce combinations in Mayweather's corner. Hatton works the body with a left, but Mayweather turns his shoulder. Hatton can't move Mayweather anywhere he doesn't want to go, and Mayweather's counterpunching has improved. Mayweather slips a straight left inside on Hatton's head. Mayweather snaps Hatton's neck twice with right hands, but Hatton stays in tight. Mayweather tattoos Hatton's face with combinations, picking at the cut. Hatton keeps charging, but Mayweather is in charge.

Mayweather's round.

ROUND 5 -- Hatton charges and shoves Mayweather into the corner, but Mayweather turns his shoulder for defense. Hatton still active with combinations. Mayweather sitting back, catching a breather on the ropes. A tangle of arms and heads in the corner. Mayweather content to sit back, and Hatton gains confidence for a combination. Hatton still vulnerable to Mayweather's speedy straight hands. The fighters lock arms, and Cortez warns. Mayweather puts a glove in Hatton's face, ending a round with little activity.

Hatton's round.

ROUND 6 -- Mayweather ducks underneath punches and blocks others, as usual. Hatton catches Mayweather's chin near the ropes, and the ensuing flury ends with Mayweather's upper body through the ropes. Cortez deducts a punch for a blow to the back of Mayweather's head, inciting the crowd's ire. Hatton reacts with disbelief. Another exciting combination results in little damage. Mayweather tags Hatton's chin with a straight right. The crowd produces its first anti-Cortez song of the night. They wrestle in Mayweather's corner, and Hatton plays to the crowd. Hatton is reluctant to go back to his corner at the bell.

Mayweather's round.

ROUND 7 -- Mayweather dances a full circle, then wraps up Hatton's arms. More wrestling in the corner, but both come out of it punching. Mayweather tries body shots, but Hatton is too quick. Mayweather blocks a nasty-looking combination. Hatton pushes to set up shots, but Mayweather has played this game before. Hatton barely avoids a right hand. They push in the center of the ring, Hatton constantly leaning forward. Mayweather lands a snapping left hand, then chases Hatton in a classic late-round surge.

Mayweather's round.

ROUND 8 -- Lots of movement, no punches landing for either fighter. Mayweather punches his way out of a clinch, then lands a sneaky right uppercut. Hatton responds admirably, but Mayweather catches Hatton flush with a straight right, sending Hatton staggering into him. Mayweather smells it, chasing him to the ropes and unloading as Hatton crouches. Hatton recovers and goes to the body as a few hundred fans chant "U-S-A!" over the English drumbeat. The fighters lean into each other. Mayweather slips inside and lands another series of shots, starting with a smashing right and punctuated by another. Mayweather unloads with a ferocity we've rarely seen from him in recent years, but Hatton stays upright.

Mayweather's round.

ROUND 9 -- "Hatton Wonderland" sounds less convincing now. Hatton still charging forward, and he gets Mayweather to the ropes without landing a square punch. Mayweather sitting back, catching Hatton again with another right that's too fast to block. Mayweather turns his shoulder, then lands another right. Mayweather slaps Hatton with a left, then makes Hatton whiff on a left hook. Hatton still stalking, but Mayweather slaps at his head. Mayweather lands another straight right counterpunch, fighting confidently.

Mayweather's round.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
              Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.
              "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• DlocRoth
                ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Fuck you!! lmao

Great fucking fight.

Lil Floyd is STILL the man.

Where's Pojo and Al?

Mayweather is my boy!!
                Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Don Corleone
                  Veteran
                  • May 2004

It was a good fight, got to respect both these guys.

There's talk today of Hatton quiting - that may not be such a bad idea. Yes, Ricky lost the fight, but what a fight to go out on.

Now all that remains to be seen is will Joe Calzaghe vs Bernard Hopkins actually come off.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

B-Hop and JC went at it pretty good at the presser. I think it will.

Hatton won't hang them up, he seemed to be pretty sure in the post-fight interview he would continue.

Welterweight is the max for him, he didn't have any easy wins at 147 either.

At 5'6", and his reach, 140 is the perfect division.

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ALinChainz

That first knockdown was devastating, Hatton went head-long into the turnbuckle in the corner.
                      That was what did him in. Had he not done a faceplant into that, he probably would have gone on to lose by decision...
                      He made Floyd work, moreso that anyone else I've seen..
                      Originally posted by conmee
                      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                      Originally posted by eddie78
                      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by ALinChainz
                        B-Hop and JC went at it pretty good at the presser. I think it will.

Hatton won't hang them up, he seemed to be pretty sure in the post-fight interview he would continue.

Welterweight is the max for him, he didn't have any easy wins at 147 either.

At 5'6", and his reach, 140 is the perfect division.
                        Yeah, this fight really shoowed that Hatton isn't natural 1t 147 - Mayweather isn't the hardest hitting welter, and his shots staggered Hatton. If he moves back down to 140, he'll still be dominant. If he decideds to fight Junior Witter, the WBC champion, that'll be a huge fight in the UK - they could sell 70,000 tickets easily.

As for Hatton-Mayweather, I thought it was a great fight. For my money, the first six rounds were close and it depends what you were looking for as to how you score it: Hatton had the higher workrate, was the aggressor and was making Floyd work (and hold, never thought he'd be the one bending the rules!); but Mayweather was landing the cleaner shots, not that there were very many of them in the first five.

The changing point came when the point got takne away and Hatton got desperate. Mayweather found his distance/timing and it was came over.

Two things surprised me: Floyd's power - guess his hands aren't fucked, lol!; and his ability to work inside. I will say this - Mayweather's inside work was possibly the best piece of defenisive boxing I have ever seen. Ricky just couldn't hit his body: he hooked Ricky's left arm (Cortez never saw it because he was always on the other side, Calzaghe does the same thing) and managed to cover his own left side with his arm. Genius.

Hats off to Ricky for pushing Floyd early though. Like I said, the first five or six were close, but to be fair Floyd never looked like he was in any danger of being beaten...
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

There's a lot ob BS being said over here about Joe Cotez ruining the Ricky's chances by breaking the clinches and not letting these guys fight on the inside.

It's BS: the only thing Cortez ruined in the first four rounds was the fight! It may have prevented Ricky doing inside work, but it also prevented Floyd getting into a rhythm. Floyd was very clever in tying Ricky up and initiaing holding - he made sure from the off that he nulified Ricky's real strength.

As for a point being taken away, quite right for my money. Ricky aimed a shot at the back of the head. In the chagning rooms Cortez said that INTENT was enough to have a point taken away, That the shot didn't land was irrelevant. That Cortex didn't notice Floys hitting with the forearm and hitting on the break is just bad lucj for Ricky, and not bad refereeing from Joe - it's just boxing.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

Did anyone see Lacy-Manfredo?

Yawn....

I'd really like Lacy to get back on form, he looked very rusty and his timing was off. In my book he won by a mile, but that was more to do with the fact that Manfredo was so negative and didn't do anything (surely the last chance saloon for him, how many chances does he get?).

I don't know what the corner was telling Jeff: all he had to do was work the jab and that fight would have been over in six. The jab wouldhave opened Manfredo up for the bigger shots and helped with Jeff's timing. The right that he put Manfredo down with still gives me hope that Lacy CAN find some form if he has the mental aptitude to come back...

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by Don Corleone

Now all that remains to be seen is will Joe Calzaghe vs Bernard Hopkins actually come off.
                              I hope that it comes off too, but I think that Bhop is too smart to let the fight happen. He KNOWS he can beat the Roy Jones of 2007. Does he know he can beat Calzaghe?

One things for certain though, Hatton should forget about fighting De La Hoya. At time Mayweather looked too big for him, and floyd's punches shook him. If he gets in with Oscar, he risks being seriously hurt, IMO....

Move back to 140 Ricky - you can be champ there for as long as you want.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Originally posted by binnie

Manny Pacquio TKO Barrera in the late rounds.

Taylor UD Pavlick.

Holyfield UD Sultan Igbramiov (yes, I spelt it wrong).

Cotto UD Mosely.

Mayweather UD Hatton.

My predictions from 29th of August. I later changed to Mayweather by SD.

Well, I was wrong about Holyfield and Taylor but I picked the winners of the others. Wrong about HOW most of them won, but you can't have everything, right? It's not like I have a crystal ball or something....lol

Comment

Working...