X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

I actually like Jean Pascal a lot. Great fights with Froch (which was close), the 'Shark', and Dawson. I'd say over 160lbs he must be one of the best fighters in the world.

But Bhop has his number - you cannot make that many fundamental errors and win against Bhop. I really don't know who Bhop fights if he wins though - can't see him wanting Dawson....
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Vitali Klitschko - Olandeer Solis this Saturday.

Solis has fast hands and a great skill-set, but he's his own worst enemy. He's weighed-in at 246lbs - lighter than normal, but he still looks well out-of-shape. I'm expecting to see another Vitali beat-down. Hopefully Solis will have his moments, however.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Vitali won by KO at the end of the first.

Solis looked to have fucked his leg up. Perhaps his knee went, or perhaps the shot to the temple turned his legs to jelly? Hard to tell. Either way, up until that point the round was even - Solis had picked some tasty shots.

I'm guessing this vid won't be up for long, but thought I'd share anyway:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• DlocRoth
          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Damn, that sucked ass. Thanks for the link, Bin.

You are right. That fight could have been very interesting. Solis was indeed landing some solid shots to the dome..... looked like Klitschko was a having a bit of trouble sizing him up.

He definitely fucked his knee up though. In the replays you can see when it buckled. Vitali barely touched him.
          Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
            Veteran
            • Jun 2005

Lucian Bute looked very good as usual. He has become a prolific body puncher. Kessler was there scouting out Bute in hopes of fighting him next. That would be a very good fight but i am afraid Bute's speed may be a bit too much. I'll bet Bute versus Joe Calzage would have been a good one. I think Joe would have kicked his ass.
            RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
            LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Solis is in surgery this Thursday, so the knee injury was genuine. Shame. Vitali looked very open - someone with fast hands and some mobility would cause him problems.

Bute looked good, but he was getting tagged too much. Magee is not a top tier fighter. Kessler is passed his best now, and after the lay-off I think it would be unwise to jump in with Bute. That being said, if Kessler gets his sharpness back, especially his jab, he might overwhelm Bute. Bute always looks impressive, but it's generally against poorer quality opponents. Calzaghe would have won a wide, wide decision against him.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                Veteran
                • Jun 2005

A couple of good fights this weekend. Robert Guerrero vs. Michael Katsidis and Eric Morales vs Marcos Maidana. I am hoping "The Ghost" can win but i don't like his chances. In the other fight, i like Maidana to knock Morales out.

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Agree with you re: Morales. He gets hit too much these days, and Maidana has decent power (though its exaggerated by some). A shot Morales gets retired I think. Shame.

At his best, Guerrero has way too many skills for Katsidis. However, Katsidis is relentless and as tough as they come, and it may be little too early in the 'Ghost's' comeback for him to best him. Katsidis has to win a big fight someday, and I think he will on Saturday. Too much pressure for Guerrero.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Wow, Maidanna-Morales was close. Morales showed his warrior spirit by pushing Maidanna to the edge. I had it a draw, but you couldn't call the decision in favour of Maidanna a 'robbery'. Two judges gave him it by 4 rounds, which is a joke. If Morales had started faster, he'd have won.

Guerro-Katsidis was great Guerrero looked like one of the best fighters in the world last night. He could rule the roost at 140 I think. His people should look at Kotelnik next, or Devon Alexander.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                      Veteran
                      • Jun 2005

Morales, had he not been a one eyed fighter after the first round, would have probably knocked Maidana out. I must say i highly underestimated the HEART that Morales still has. What a damn warrior he is! He put a timeless performance last night and i am proud to say i purchased the pay per view largely to support Guerrero. Hopefully, there will be rematch between Morales and Maidana.
                      What can i say about the Ghost? He absolutely dominated Katsidis and made him look silly. After Katsidis yelled at him "what are you looking at" before the first round, Robert proceeded to whip the shit out of him. If i was Guerrero, i would go directly after Marquez. If he can't get him and who could blame Marquez for avoiding the fight, then i agree with the guys Binnie pointed out.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

I think Marquez is too much at the moment. Plus, aside from JMM, who is there at 135? I think the Ghost should move up to 140 and start taking out the trash.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                          Veteran
                          • Jun 2005

I think the abc belts that Ghost obtained Saturday night are ok on paper but i would hope that he would want to truly capture the real belt at his current weight, and that means going through JMM. It would also be the biggest possible payday of his career so far. If he were to lose but it be a great fight and a close one, there could be demand for a rematch, thus another big payday. Also, the way he dominated Katsidis demonstrates that he is ready for JMM. Katsidis and JMM was a touch and go fight up until its end with JMM being knocked down in the fight. Robert's height and youth should give him the edge over JMM. Also, Robert isn't just going to go into the pocket and trade all night giving JMM a chance to land the way he was able to do on Katsidis. Guerrero is no Floyd but his boxing ability is good enough to stay outside and box to win the fight.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

It would certainly be a good fight, and one I'd like to see. However, I think JMM would be too clever and precise as it stands at the moment. I'd see the fight looking like JMM-Casamayora. I suspect that JMM will be looking for a bigger payday anyway.....

If I was Guerrero's manager, I'd be looking for a big fight against Maidanna or Kotelnik at 140. That opens up the chance of the winner of Amir Khan - Tim Bradley if they want it (Although Khan would be difficult for Guerrero because he's HUGE for 140.) Shit, even Paulie Malignaggi would be a good payday.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2005

I see your point. Guerrero vs Maidanna would be a very entertaining fight and a big payday.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Amir Khan - Paul McClusky on Saturday.

This is a 'keep busy' fight for Khan, who has a unification fight with Tim Bradley waiting for him. McClusky is tough as nails, and there has been a lot of promotional problems with this fight which may have distracted Khan. I doubt it though. His speed will lead to a comprehensive win, probably with a stoppage around 8.

Comment

Working...