X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonrisa salvaje
    Veteran
    • Jun 2005

Well, after struggling with this for a long time, i am going to pick Mosley in a split decision. Shane is fighting an uphill battle including Floyd, his speed, and father time. He has also been wanting this fight badly for awhile. His heart and desire have never been underestimated but i think his power has. I don't think Mayweather's beard has ever been tested. Obviously, Shane has to hit him to find out which is going to be a difficult task. After taking on every big time fighter that would move up in weight to fight him, or drain themselves coming down, Floyd finally has to fight someone that is a world class fighter at this weight. I think Shane is smart enough to attack the body instead of trying to head hunt on Floyd in hopes of slowing Floyd down for the later rounds. I don't think Floyd will stand in the pocket with Shane; he will look to move away and use his hand speed to try and frustrate Shane. This wouldn't be the first time that this has worked against Mosley either. Shane should thus come forward, be busy with his hands even if he doesn't make a lot of solid contact early, and hit the body which will make a somewhat easier target. I think this may be a difficult fight to score just as the Mayweather/ De Lahoya fight was, and perhaps just as controversial. I don't think it is going to be a given that Floyd will win close rounds where Shane is the aggressor and Floyd is on the run. Call me crazy but i just have a feeling. Shane in a shocker.
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Another bold decision from sonrisa. Personally, I think that without a great jab Shane doesn't get near enough to Mayweather to land significantly on a regular basis. Having fast hands is one thing, but with a guy as mobile as Floyd they have to work off a jab.

The DLH-Mayweather fight looked close to me when I watched it live, but when I watched it back with a cool head I saw a pretty easy Mayweather victory.

There is a significant portion of the boxing community which agrees with you though SS....
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I dunno, I still think Floyd will edge out a win. His jab is way better, which will seriously give him an advantage, even though I agree speed-wise they're pretty evenly matched. This WILL be Floyd's biggest test in ages, but unless he gets caught with something big, I think it may be another version of the Forrest mach I fight...I wonder A) if Floyd is going to stand there and hook with Shane, and B ) if so, he actually has the power to knock down/out Mosely, though...

Floyd already indicated he's going to use similar methods to what Forrest and Cotto did to win against Mosely, and he's better than both of those two...should be interesting.
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
          Veteran
          • Jun 2005

I will say this...i also think Mayweather's power is underestimated. Anyone that thinks he doesn't have power is a mullet. Like Sugar Ray Leonard always said, "speed is power." I think Floyd's ko percentage would be better if he wanted to knock people out.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
            I will say this...i also think Mayweather's power is underestimated. Anyone that thinks he doesn't have power is a mullet. Like Sugar Ray Leonard always said, "speed is power." I think Floyd's ko percentage would be better if he wanted to knock people out.
            Even Mosely's trainer thinks Floyd is going to stand and brawl with Shane if he happens to catch him with a good shot...they're not underestimating him. It would be interesting to see!
            I think Floyd's KO of Hatton was a little overshadowed by the fact that immediately after that (albeit magnificent) "check-hook" he caught him with, Hatton ran his own head straight into the turnbuckle, so there was a question as to whether THAT was the coup de grace as opposed to the punch itself. I agree with the "speed is power" thing to an extent, too - Floyd's worn people down via attrition...in some cases I think RATHER than knock them the F out, but yeah, who knows what that percentage would be if he decided to be more of a headhunter?
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• VanHalener
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

SUGAR SHANE MOSLEY WILL KO MAYWEATHER TONIGHT! Come onnnnnn over!
              ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

They aren't even in the same class of fighter.

I like Mosely just fine, but Mayweather was just too good.

That fight was horrid...Mayweather dominated from the start. Didn't back down in the last round either...

Mosely looked decent in one...real good in two...but the rest to Mayweather...I had it all but round two for the mouth from minny...
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                  They aren't even in the same class of fighter.

I like Mosely just fine, but Mayweather was just too good.

That fight was horrid...Mayweather dominated from the start. Didn't back down in the last round either...

Mosely looked decent in one...real good in two...but the rest to Mayweather...I had it all but round two for the mouth from minny...

Mosely looked old tonight for the first time really...he was just completely outclassed. I thought he had a chance when he rocked Mayweather in the 2nd - and you gotta admit that's probably the hardest shot he's ever been caught with, and he toughed it out. He also proved he can stand in there and hook with a heavy hitter.

The Pacquiao fight pretty much has to happen now...I think Manny should submit to the Olympic-style testing, he's a wuss otherwise. But I think especially after watching that - Manny will get his ass handed to him if the fight happens, honestly.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• VanHalener
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Thought he had him in round two. Dammmmmmm.

Dammit Jim!!!

Dammmm that Mayweather is fast.

Worth the $64, but Shane...

Dammit Shane!
                    ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                      Veteran
                      • Jun 2005

Well, my pick crashed and burned. Floyd was just too good. After Floyd responded the way he did in round 3, i had a feeling it was over at that point. I would have liked to have seen Floyd get Shane out of there. Shane looked very tired by round 6 and i think Mayweather could have jumped on him and got a stoppage had he been willing to press the issue.

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                        Well, my pick crashed and burned. Floyd was just too good. After Floyd responded the way he did in round 3, i had a feeling it was over at that point. I would have liked to have seen Floyd get Shane out of there. Shane looked very tired by round 6 and i think Mayweather could have jumped on him and got a stoppage had he been willing to press the issue.
                        Agree, and the fight pundits said as much...if Floyd had pressed Shane, he WOULD have knocked him the F out. If the Manny fight happens, Floyd should just go in head-hunting and SHOULD knock out Pacquiao...clearly he's got the ability.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

At the risk of tooting my own horn, I called this DONINATION of a fight pretty damn close. Even I didn't think that Floyd would sit in the pcoket with SSM, however. It shows how great Floyd is - SSM is an outstanding fighter, and a beast at 147. On Saturday, he looked like all of Floyd's opponents look, utterly confused. Its the mental beating that Money's opponents never recover from - for 17 years Shane has been one of the best fighters in the world, and he probably couldn't have imagined someone being that much better.

I dont think that Shane got old over night - he's just not used to fighting anyone a) faster than him and b) so damn elusive. I really didn't think that Floys would be looking for the KO, however, and my take on the fight was that he stepped off in the 11th and 12th because he respected SSM so much he didn't want to KO him. That's my take, anyway.

Pacman doesn't stand a damn chance - he makes to many mistakes to beat Floyd, who I expect to KO him.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                            Veteran
                            • Jun 2005

Another good fight coming up this weekend. Paul Williams vs. Kermit Cintron.
                            I hate using mutual opponents to point to a likely winner because i do think styles make fights. However, Sergio Martinez being the measuring stick, i think it is pretty clear that Paul Williams should beat Cintron. I'm not sure it will be that easy but i'll take Williams in a UD.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

I concur SS.

Cintron has never fulfiled is potential - lots of power, but limited speed and footwork, not to mention defense. Plus, he's used to being the taller guy, and Williams dwarfs him. Williams leaky defense means that Cintron could KO him, but I think that Paul's speed and workrate equals a failry comprehensive UD

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Well, what a non-event that was. Cintron fell through the ropes in the forth and inured himself. Williams wins by a technical decision.

Comment

Working...