X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's Bitch
    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by binnie
    I would suggest starting with Jack Johnson, too. I think he was genius - totally different from anyone who came before.

Then read up on Joe Louis - doing so will introduce you loads of other great fighters he fought like Max Schmeling, Jim Braddock and Max Baer (who is chronically underated).
    Johnson moves on to Louis nicely what with the history between the two of them.I will second (or third?) about Baer.Evil punching power,Knocking down Primo Carnera a mammoth 11 times to take the title by TKO.Now did you know when Baer fought lewis he still had an injured hand from the Cinderella man fight,Leaving him some what helpless without his big right.

Oh you are going to have so much fun Vandeleur
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

You did indeed and we shall now refer to you as 'Tiddles'.
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

Havent seen any thing on youtube yet but have read a couple of reviews and didnt see ortiz getting neat last night , would go as far as saying thats a bit of a shocker .

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

watched the soto vs matthysse fight ..enjoyed it . Matthysse 's ring entrance music is the trooper by maiden ...

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Ortiz quit between rounds 8 and 9 because his jaw was broken.

He was winning the fight, too. I just don't get that guy.....
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Ortiz jaw being broken was more a result of a handful of stupid mistakes than Lopez's power.He took the fight way too lightly,Then the blatant,mean spirited rabbit punch and to top it all off he quit in a title fight despite winning up to that point.With the majority of the fight behind him and his corner urging him to fight through it he could have pushed forward.Ortiz lost his belt more than Lopez won it.All in all though a good fight
              Last edited by Dave's Bitch; 06-24-2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Yeah, I think Ortiz taking it too lightly was key - he was surprised that Lopez was still in there. I suppose if you were training for one guy (Berto) and end up with a 'lesser' opponent, it must be difficult.

I can't blame him for stopping with a broken jaw: in a sense it different from his quitting during Maidanna, as a broken jaw is serious. That being said, you'd think he'd just have changed tactics and kept going. Stick and move, y'know?

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Whilst searching for the Ortiz fight , I watched the mayweather fight last round again . Ortiz is poor pro and mayweather is a terrible sportsman....and that is putting it politely .

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Hey I can't say I would not have done the same thing in Mayweather's place.The first rule of boxing is keep your hands up,Floyd saw a window and took it,After the butt I think Ortiz had it coming.The thing to remember with Ortiz is although he has had 35 fights he is still only 25.There is still time for him to fine tune.I think Ortiz's biggest obstacle is himself.His boxing skills are good,There are areas he can work on but all in all i would say he is a good boxer.His overall awareness and outlook on the other hand....

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

No!!! Van damme!!!!!!

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Panama panama

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Ortiz wimped out in the Maidana fight, and he deserved Floyd knocking him the F out at the first available opportunity after that headbutt - that can't really be debated. But in this case - his jaw was hanging open, it would NOT have been smart to continue. I totally agree he was totally looking past Lopez, though. He wasn't in it mentally (again).

I WILL say, even though he was ahead by a point or so on the judges' cards, had his jaw not gotten broken something else likely would have happened. Did you SEE Ortiz wilt when he gave what he clearly thought was his best shot, Lopez came back from it like "C'MON!!!" at that moment you could just see all the wind go out of Ortiz' sails...he was like "Oh...sh*t."
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

I dunno Jay, I think Ortiz was winning that fight if it went to the cards.

He clearly just thought Lopez would be a stepping stone to a bigger pay day - again, his brain let him down.

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

I dunno Jay, I think Ortiz was winning that fight if it went to the cards.

He clearly just thought Lopez would be a stepping stone to a bigger pay day - again, his brain let him down.

Oh, I think he was too - but you could see the tide turning as it went on, and Lopez being like "Bring it!" visibly scared Ortiz. He might've lost those last 3 rounds anyway, and it was already a close fight... I think it was a terrific fight up to that point, don't get me wrong, but yes, Victor's head left the building around the 7th round...

I was just checking out some YouTubes and apparently over the weekend Ortiz indicated his jaw was actually broken in the 5th round...if so that last hook in the 9th must've been the push over the cliff, because THAT looked like the one that broke it...might've been it breaking in a 2nd spot for all we know....
                                Originally posted by conmee
                                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                                Originally posted by eddie78
                                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...