X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's Bitch
    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I agree if he was able to switch his game plan up,stick and move and stay out of trouble he would have got the decision.Ortiz is a very mentally weak fighter though and i doubt if he did chose to fight on he would have been able to keep his head enough to avoid further injury.He is his own biggest opponent.When thing's don't go to plan he loses his head and makes very bad decisions.Maybe the broken jaw will give him the kick in the ass he needs
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Do you think it will motivate him to finally suck it up mentally (Boxing is "10% physical, 90% mental" per Manny), or that he's just going to give it up at this point? There's a rematch clause, IIRC. This has gotta kind of screw with his marketability on some level for future events...

This throws Alvarez into a tailspin now too, no way GoldenBoy's gonna let their heir-in-training get the beat shit out of him by: Mayweather, Cotto, Marinez...all would clobber him. So who would he fight after Chavez?

Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• gbranton
        Veteran
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
        Hey I can't say I would not have done the same thing in Mayweather's place.........After the butt I think Ortiz had it coming.
        I fucking hate Mayweather but I have to agree. After Ortiz left his fucking FEET launching himself at Floyd I was okay with him stretching Ortiz out like that.
        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

The problem with Ortiz is that he has a college education. He's too smart and has too many other options in life to be in there with most of these guys. No desperation.
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by jhale667
            GoldenBoy's gonna let their heir-in-training get the beat shit out of him by: Mayweather, Cotto, Marinez...all would clobber him. So who would he fight after Chavez?
            Chavez is gonna get FUCKED UP by Sergio Martinez if he gets in the ring with him in September.

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by jhale667
              Do you think it will motivate him to finally suck it up mentally (Boxing is "10% physical, 90% mental" per Manny), or that he's just going to give it up at this point? There's a rematch clause, IIRC. This has gotta kind of screw with his marketability on some level for future events...

This throws Alvarez into a tailspin now too, no way GoldenBoy's gonna let their heir-in-training get the beat shit out of him by: Mayweather, Cotto, Marinez...all would clobber him. So who would he fight after Chavez?

The one they're really keeping Alvarez away from is Lara. That dude is a beast at 154.
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Honestly i would not be surprised if this injury out the fear of god into Ortiz.Marketability is the reason he overlooked this fight.He was trying to hype the Canelo fight,which would have been his breakthrough to big PPV money before he fought Lopez.In terms of intelligence being his short coming I have to disagree.Look at the Klit brothers,They are both doctors or something like that.And i totally agree Lara would lick Alvarez at this point
                I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

I think in one sense this may be a blessing for Ortiz. Whilst the Alvarez fight would have been a decent payday, I just don't see him being able to win it - he would be in with someone much bigger than him who has heavy hands.

Ortiz should focus on 147 - rematch Lopez and Berto for starters, then maybe think about Bradley. As I said before, in a couple of years Mayweather and Pacman will be retired and then the division is wide open.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                    The problem with Ortiz is that he has a college education. He's too smart and has too many other options in life to be in there with most of these guys. No desperation.
                    He's already got his own clothing company, and is modeling...probably more money (and less injuries) persuing those angles instead...and while Binnie's right and the division WILL be wide open in a few years, he's still gonna have the mindset issue unless he works past it quickly. But he doesn't like it when he's in with somebody as or more determined than he is...
                    Originally posted by conmee
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                    Originally posted by eddie78
                    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                      Veteran
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
                      You did indeed and we shall now refer to you as 'Tiddles'.
                      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Isn't Robert Guerrero due to makes his 147lbs debut soon?

I'm intrigued by this. Easily one of the most underrated fighters out there - but can he handle the weight?

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                          Veteran
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
                          Isn't Robert Guerrero due to makes his 147lbs debut soon?

I'm intrigued by this. Easily one of the most underrated fighters out there - but can he handle the weight?
                          Saturday, July 28 -t San Jose, CA (Showtime)
                          Robert Guerrero - Selcuk Aydin

Good question regarding the weight. I am ready to see if his power will go up with him.
                          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

I hope so, but I doubt it.

He's skillful enough, however.

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

BUFFER AINT SHORT WHEN IT COMES TO THE SPENDS

MICHAEL BUFFER is ready to rumble for the big grudge match between Dereck Chisora and David Haye.
                              The legendary ring announcer has made £300million from the most famous phrase in boxing.
                              And Buffer will belt out his unmistakable ‘Let’s get ready to rumble’ introduction before the British bad-boys clash in The Sun-backed fight at Upton Park in two weeks’ time.
                              The American has worked with the biggest names in the sport in a 30-year career and cannot wait for the bout.
                              He said: “I’m surprised a fight like this was made as it’s no secret they haven’t been sharing afternoon tea lately.
                              “This is legitimately the biggest heavyweight fight of the year. We have two men who have no love for each other, willing to put it all on the line.
                              “I can’t wait to see who will prevail on the pitch at Upton Park. I expect the crowd will be large and electric.”
                              Haye and Chisora go head-to-head after their Munich brawl in February following Del Boy’s points defeat to WBC heavyweight champ Vitali Klitschko.
                              The Brits’ explosive confrontation led to calls for the pair to do it all again — but with gloves on.
                              Buffer, 67, is one of a host of top names who will be ringside at West Ham where officials are expecting to hang up ‘sold out’ signs.
                              Vietnam war veteran Buffer has built a thriving business around his catchphrase.
                              It has made him a fortune as he protects his trademark with worldwide copyrights, played himself in films like Rocky Balboa and been animated in The Simpsons and South Park.
                              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Wladimir Klit vs Tony 'The Pussy' Thompson this Saturday.

A rematch which no-one wanted to see. Anyone interested?

Comment

Working...