X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Originally posted by DlocRoth
    The fight was close for maybe 4 rounds....a real slug fest.

Soto got worn out and then pounded.
    I really enjoyed it too. Heavyweight's aside, boxing is in great shape at the moment....
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

The buzz on the internet is that Hopkins is not going to fight Calzaghe. He's banking on Jones beating Trinidad (which he will) and re-living 1993.

Shame.

Comment

• ALinChainz
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Bigger money must be, JC isn't a name anywhere but home still in my opinion.

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
          He's banking on Jones beating Trinidad (which he will) and re-living 1993.

Shame.
          A friend and I were debating that yesterday, and we ended up agreeing Jones may have the edge over Trinidad.
          But neither of them are what they once were...
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Originally posted by jhale667
            A friend and I were debating that yesterday, and we ended up agreeing Jones may have the edge over Trinidad.
            Nope they certianly aren't. This will be too heavy a weight for Trinidad, and he's fought so infrequently over recent years that he will be a shadow of his former self, IMO

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by ALinChainz
              Bigger money must be, JC isn't a name anywhere but home still in my opinion.
              Money is probably part of it: despite Joe now been ranked 2nd or 3rd on some Pound for Pound lists, I doubt that he's much of a household name Stateside. Having said that, HBO wants this fight, so you never know.

I think the other issue is that Hopkins knows that he would be in for a much easier night against Jones or Trinidad (it will be Jones). Roy is shot now, and Hopkins will be able to beat him in a chess match with relative ease: that might make his pain from 1993.

Calzaghe would push Hopkins to the limit, why risk that? He didn't want to fight him 3 years ago (he doubled his asking price), so what's changed now? It makes perfect business sense for Hopkins - if he loses, then he pretty much has to retire, so he may has well take a bigger payday and an easier night?

I don't see Pavlick stepping up for JC either: he might as well dominate the middleweights until he can't get down to 160lbs. I would.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Tito has been washed up since forever.....his last viable fight was the split decision over De La. That was a great fight, whomever anyone decided who won it.

He disappeared after that.

Roy Jr.? Who the fuck wants to watch him fight anymore?

Boooooring.
                Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by DlocRoth
                  Tito has been washed up since forever.....his last viable fight was the split decision over De La. That was a great fight, whomever anyone decided who won it.

He disappeared after that.

Roy Jr.? Who the fuck wants to watch him fight anymore?

Boooooring.
                  Yeah, it's just a money fight, more soap opera than boxing. Roy hasnt been the same since he came down from heavyweight, it clearly fucked his body. And we now know that his chin isn't fantastic. BHop would walk a rematch, IMO...

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Vargas - Mayorga this weekend. Not a very important fight, and both are well past their prime, but given that they both loathe each other this may be well worth watching. I'll go with Vargas to win, but it'll be close.

Also Kermit Cintron is defending his welterweight belt against Jose Feliciano. Cintron should walk it, I think he has the potential to be the best in the division if he puts the effort in and keeps developing like he has in his last couple of fights. It's all about how bad he wants it I guess: like Paul Williams, nature has given him some significant advantages (height, power..)

Comment

• DlocRoth
                      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I've always liked Vargas....I'll take him too...

Mayorga really isn't all that....never was....

Aside from him owning what's his name, who owns Sugar Shane who owns De La....lol....he doesn't impress me all that much.

Bot of em are washed up though, agreed.

But I'll be watching it,
                      Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

If memory serves, it goes something like this....

Mayorga beat Vernon Forrest in 2003 and Forrest later beat Mosely. However Mayorga was whooped by Trinidad and De La Hoya. He was also beaten by Cory Spinks of all people.

Vargas beat Winky Wirght and Ike Quarterly, but was beaten by Trinidad, De La Hoya and Mosely (twice.)

Both are under-achievers. But I think this will be a competitive fight, given the mutual dislike.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Well, I got one right and one wrong.

Cintron pummelled Jose: he didn't "walk it", and I have major respects for Jose's durability.

Mayorga won. It was close, and a good fight. Not too sure where he goes from here though...

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

Is everybody of the opinion that Mayweather will beat Hatton?

My heart wants Ricky to win but my head knows that its incredibly unlikely. I think that the fight will be closer than a lot of the pundits seem to think, but I can't see Floyd failing as I expect him to stay out of the way most of the night.

If he gives Ricky half a chance though, he'll be in trouble....

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

I agree with you...Floyd will try to win on points while running from Ricky for the entire fight.
                              If he attempts to stand and trade with Hatton, he's in serious trouble...
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

I agree with you...Floyd will try to win on points while running from Ricky for the entire fight.
                                If he attempts to stand and trade with Hatton, he's in serious trouble...
                                Yep. I actually hope Hatton manages to pin him down so Pretty Boy has to fight a bit, otherwise it could be a dull fight....

Comment

Working...