X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DlocRoth
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I'd like to see Ricky Hatton get his ass handed to him, thank you very much.

Why?

No reason, I just want J.L. to take him.

That is all.
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Originally posted by DlocRoth
      I'd like to see Ricky Hatton get his ass handed to him, thank you very much.

Why?

No reason, I just want J.L. to take him.

That is all.
      I think that will be a great fight, a real war.

Hatton should win it for my money, but his problem his that he balloond up between fights (like 40lbs). There's only so many times you can do that before it really starts to effect your body, so I'm hoping that's not the case here.

Also, he needs to start throwing body shots again, he's one of the best body punchers out there.

If we get a fight like Hatton-Tszu (I've definately spelt that incorrectly) then I'll be more than happy...
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• bastardog
        Commando
        • Feb 2004

I hope that Hatton wins to Castillo.
        In one time, during the after figth interview, someone mentioned that the winner of that figth would be next Cotto's figth.

I really don't like Hatton style of running to his opponent trowing some punches to then hold him.

If Hatton wins could be another good figth with Cotto. And I'm willing to bet a six-pack of PR beer (Medalla) to any six-pack of beer of any contry to Cotto.
        Bastardog

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Cotto-Hatton would be good, but I really don't think that Hatton can opperate that well at 147.

No shame in that, so guys are great at one weight (Haglar?). I'd much rather see Cotto-Mayweather

Comment

• ALinChainz
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
            Also, it seems that Kessler-Calzaghe is looking likely for Septmeber.

Calzaghe's people have accepted the deal to fight in Denmark. The contracts haven't been signed yet, as Kessler's manager is in hosptial, but it looks like this one might happen.

Fingers crossed.
            I think this fight is a much better match-up than the Hatton-Castillo fight.

Styles may be perfect if each fights to their strengths.

My early pick would be Kessler. I might be alone here on that.

Comment

• bastardog
              Commando
              • Feb 2004

Cotto-Hatton would be good, but I really don't think that Hatton can opperate that well at 147.

No shame in that, so guys are great at one weight (Haglar?). I'd much rather see Cotto-Mayweather
              Definitely Cotto-Mayweather would be a better by far figth but I don't see it comming so soon.
              I don't see Cotto with enough resorces to win and I'm pretty sure his management see it same way. So they won't want to risk their golden egg goose with the best one before been sure he has a real good chance. And in the process get more money with easier figths with the excuse of gaining more experience
              Bastardog

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

From telegrpah.co.uk

The "superfight" between Joe Calzaghe and Mikkel Kessler moved a step closer yesterday when Mogens Palle agreed to the terms being asked by fellow promoter Frank Warren for the three-belt super-middleweight contest between the two world champions to go ahead in Denmark in the autumn.

Warren confirmed two weeks ago that he had accepted Palle's original offer for Calzaghe to go to Denmark. The only remaining stumbling block is that Warren seeks a September date for the contest, while Palle wants the fight to go ahead in November, when he celebrates the 50th anniversary of his involvement in boxing.

Calzaghe, 35, is the present World Boxing Organisation super-middleweight champion and is the longest reigning title holder in any weight class, having won the belt nearly 10 years ago.

advertisement
                Kessler, 28, is the World Boxing Council and World Boxing Association super-middleweight title-holder.

Police reports from Las Vegas, meanwhile, have confirmed that Diego 'Chico' Corrales, 29, the former super-featherweight and lightweight world champion, was driving drunk at more than three times the legal limit when he crashed his motorcycle and died in the city on May 7.

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

From sportinglife.com

By Mark Staniforth, PA Sport

Ricky Hatton has revealed how fear of complacency has propelled him to get into the best shape ever for his light-welterweight showdown with Jose Luis Castillo on June 23.

Hatton has already been in the scorching desert city for a week as he finishes preparations for what he expects to be the toughest fight of his career to date against the ferocious Mexican.

Castillo looked dreadful during his victory over Herman Ngoudjo on the Hatton undercard in January, but Hatton is expecting to face a very different opponent.

Hatton said: "When you fight a guy who's done what he's done you get a little bit more excited about it.

"My training camp has been the best I've had by a country mile, and that's because of the man I will have in front of me.

"I expect him to train harder than he has ever trained before in his life because a win against me could lead to so many big-money match-ups for him, but if he loses his stock goes down.

"I think this will be a similar fight to my Kostya Tszyu fight. This really is my kind of fight. Styles make fights and we are two people who don't take a backward step."

Hatton is desperate to impress American audiences after two consecutive performances - against Luis Collazo and Juan Urango - which he admitted were a little below par.

For his second fight in Vegas he has rented a house along with brother Matthew and domestic middleweight prospect Matthew Macklin in order to avoid air conditioning problems and the sizzling 40-degree heat.

And Hatton is planning on producing nothing less than the kind of performance to eclipse some of the greatest wars in recent boxing history which helped make Castillo's name,

He added: "Castillo's fight against Diego Corrales was one of the fights of the century and if there was any pair up of styles that could even beat that, you would have to say it was me and Castillo.

"I don't want to be remembered as the greatest of all time but in years to come I want people to say, he was a good fighter.

"People have DVDs of great fights on their shelves and I want a Ricky Hatton fight to be one of those."

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Toney, Batchelder suspended for steroid use

June 13, 2007

SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA (TICKER) -- Former three-time world champion James Toney and Danny Batchelder on Wednesday were issued one-year suspensions by the California State Athletic Commission after failing steroids tests following their bout on May 24.

Toney fought Batchelder in San Jose, California at the HP Pavilion, winning in a split-decision.

But in tests conducted afterwards, Toney tested positive for two different types of steroids. Batchelder tested positive for three different kinds of steroids and an elevated T/E Ratio.

Both fighters also were fined $2,500 and suspended until May 22, 2008, pending an appeal.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by ALinChainz

June 13, 2007

SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA (TICKER) -- Former three-time world champion James Toney and Danny Batchelder on Wednesday were issued one-year suspensions by the California State Athletic Commission after failing steroids tests following their bout on May 24.

Toney fought Batchelder in San Jose, California at the HP Pavilion, winning in a split-decision.

But in tests conducted afterwards, Toney tested positive for two different types of steroids. Batchelder tested positive for three different kinds of steroids and an elevated T/E Ratio.

Both fighters also were fined $2,500 and suspended until May 22, 2008, pending an appeal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns
                      What a pair of dumbasses!

How whould steroirds actually help you in boxing anyway, I really don't know much about them?

Any word on Holyfield's drug case?

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

My early pick would be Kessler. I might be alone here on that.
                        Maybe here, but most of the buzz on the internet favours Kessler. He does have the advantage of age, and he's going to have the home crowd.

I'd still go with Calzaghe though, just from a speed point of view and the fact that he's far, far fitter and more durable, which will only suit the later rounds.

Should be a great fight though, I agree.

Would have also liked to have seem Jermain Taylor step up to the plate against Calzaghe, but money halted that.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

June 13, 2007

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns
                          That was a long time coming.....

I love Lights out, he used to be one of my faves....

But what is he, 40 now?

I bet he's done.

I think he coined the phrase "I see red, you're dead."
                          Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• ALinChainz
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Maybe here, but most of the buzz on the internet favours Kessler. He does have the advantage of age, and he's going to have the home crowd.

I'd still go with Calzaghe though, just from a speed point of view and the fact that he's far, far fitter and more durable, which will only suit the later rounds.

Should be a great fight though, I agree.

Would have also liked to have seem Jermain Taylor step up to the plate against Calzaghe, but money halted that.
                            Man I don't know, fitter?

Last fight I saw with Kessler, he looked to be a beast, fairly cut. Doesn't Calzaghe have a hand issue at the moment?

That I may not be clear on, seems like I read that though.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DlocRoth
                              That was a long time coming.....

I love Lights out, he used to be one of my faves....

But what is he, 40 now?

I bet he's done.

I think he coined the phrase "I see red, you're dead."
                              I liked him too. When he first destroyed Michael "Second To" Nunn when Nunn was the shit ...

This is his second steroid suspension, you'd think he'd get it by now.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

What a pair of dumbasses!

How whould steroirds actually help you in boxing anyway, I really don't know much about them?

Any word on Holyfield's drug case?
                                Steroids not only build mass, but helps you recover much faster also.

No clue on Holyfield.

Comment

Working...