Page 32 of 84 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454682 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,280 of 3351

Thread: The Army Boxing Thread

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Do tell
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    dude am only half baked but will spill the beans coz i plan on getting wrecked any way ....
    So my mum total geordie woman wouldnt know a sportsman if she met one is in newcastle one day shopping .
    Cut to tea time in the vandeleur family me and my brothers are all home from school and having our tea and in comes my dad and he sits down for tea as were finishing.
    So my mam is telling my dad about her day and says .....this is the story , my mam goes ...
    Am in boots and there are lots of people about and the manager is shushing people away and there are a couple of people behind me and lots of noise so i turn round and there is that coloured man you keep talking about out of the papers , i think he plays football but he is gorgeous ... so people are trying to take his photo and he has people with them trying to shush them away so i speak to him and i let him in to get served quickly ... and he chats away to me ...mind he is canny .
    End of story until the news came on and shows muhammad ali had been in newcastle all day and my mam walks is as were watching the news and goes ....eeeee thats him he is lovely mind ....

to this day my dad who worships ali ...as we all should ...could strangle her no autograph and its way before mobiles with camera's

My mam and muhammad ali
    Last edited by vandeleur; 02-13-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    fuck your fucking framing

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    Whats the deal are we giving up on pac mayweather after their respective fights
    Pretty much yes.In reality if these guys wanted to fight each other they would have by now.They should be on Mayweather - Pacquiao 3 by now.Bigger things in boxing have been overcome in order to make a fight happen than how the money is split up.These guys seem more interested in convincing fans the other guy fears him or the other guy is an asshole.The reason thing i can think of for them not fighting is they do not want to.I am not 100% on the arum not letting it happen either.I am pretty sure promoters are there to serve the fighters not the other way round.If Manny really wanted it he would put Arum in line.If Floyd really wanted it he would just split the fucking money.Imagine if Ali and Smokin' Joe pulled this crap,Moaning like women about one thing or another instead of fighting.

The only way this fight will ever happen is if Floyd stops fearing for his 0 or if Pacquiao cuts his strings

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The only way this fight will ever happen is if Floyd stops fearing for his 0 or if Pacquiao cuts his strings[/QUOTE]

I hear what you say .. just gotta hope that it happens but am an eternal optimist, i used think dave would get back in van halen

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I really think it's all about Arum. He'll probably only let Pacman fight Floyd once he realises that his days as the cash cow are done....
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I can see that argument but if they wanted each other that bad they would make it happen,Example,When Julio Cesar Chavez fought Pernell Whittaker .One fighter was with HBO, the other Showtime, and they found a way to get everyone to agree so the fight could happen.Both guys are on the wrong side of 30,If they ever do actually fight they will not be able to live up to the hype.The whole super fight circus is becoming nauseating

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh well chisora klitschko it is .... For however long it lasts

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    While Chisora is a good talker, he doesn’t have the size or speed to stand a chance against Vitali.He says he will stay tight on the inside and that will swing it for him,I doubt he will even get to the inside.

Klitscho KO inside of four

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh well chisora klitschko it is .... For however long it lasts
    Don't go to the bathroom.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Am sure I Mentioned this before I have only seen chisora once And he got beat am surprised or disappointed that the heavyweights are so poor he would get a title shot ... DB says 4 I think it could be quicker I don't think kitschko has to worry about getting hit so could just drop bombs at will ....

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sorry inside 4 ... Read the post wrong ... Defo could be quick

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It all depends on how muc Chisora wants to take. Does he really believe he has a shot, or does he want the payday. If the latter is true, then the middle rounds seem reasonable.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Should a guy who has lost two of his last three fights be getting a title shot ?

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well considering Chisora was trounced to a UD in a lopsided fight by the over hyped, one dimensional Tyson Fury,I would say he has little more than a punchers chance against Vitali.I think Chisora has only been past round 9 in one fight so this will not likely go to points.He is said to be pushing for a round 8 KO.I am still sticking with Vitali in under 4

I hope Chisora has enjoyed his moment in the spotlight because Vitali does his talking in the ring

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Chisopa slapped vitalli at weigh in ... looked a bit of a cock really

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Chisopa slapped vitalli at weigh in ... looked a bit of a cock really
    Mmmmm. I'm not too sure I'd have done that. Klitscho will punish him for that and I'd love to see it. It seems that to get a title shot you have to be the most loudmouthed, classless shit talker instead of being the best available fighter.

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He probably realises interest in this fight is very low.Chisora on the other hand is badly under-qualified for this fight and it would have been boring as hell without this.It has given the crowd a personality to root for

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Bitch View Post
    He probably realises interest in this fight is very low.Chisora on the other hand is badly under-qualified for this fight and it would have been boring as hell without this.It has given the crowd a personality to root for
    Generating interest in the fight is one thing, encouraging a Vitali to render you incontinent by age 40 is something else entirely.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Just watched the post fight press conference .... Fucking madness

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    oh in passing the fight was ok in as such chisora showed a lot of heart but am guessing the boxing world will forget that when they see the press stuff

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Have to say i cannot believe it went the distance.Almost everyone tagged Chisora a dead man walking after the slap,He managed to prove everyone wrong and far exceeded expectations.Even though he didn't win a round he still managed to stay in for all 12.I think Vitali may call it quits soon.He has just dominated another opponent and defended his belt again,But the fight went the distance.Chisora managed to take him to the end when Vitali went in wanting to kill him,he couldn't knock him out.Klitscho fought well but still.Not a bad fight all in all.Not as boring as everyone thought it would be but by no measure was it an edge of seat classic that the world will be talking about for any longer than today.

Now that press conference wow,Crazy.Here is what happend
    BOOM
    Last edited by Dave's Bitch; 02-19-2012 at 03:59 AM.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If u watch the footage over and over haye has a bottle and someone defo hammers a bottle down into the melee not saying its haye but if it is he fucked

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Actualy in you pick DB that's a bottle still in his hand when he throws a punch

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yea it is crazy.I love the fact he was trying to goad Haye into a fight and then got his ass handed to him,Though perhaps a bottle was too far.What is amusing me is Chisora is carrying on like he is the man because he lost to a Klitschko in a longer fight.Both of these guys lost convincingly.Then to top it off Haye is seen trading punches with Don Charles,and swinging a large camera tripod at him,Crazy

Now i am in two minds about this.On one hand it is terrible to see two "professionals" carrying on like this in a post fight press conference.It was disrespectful to Vitali who had just won and it will definitely turn more people off the sport.However,This has got people talking.It has grabbed peoples attention and everyone has an opinion on it.Fighters fighting, who would have believed it.Personally I found it extremely entertaining and it set the stage for a couple of big fights.Anyone forget all the genuine bad blood between Ali and Frazier,It did nothing but add to the fights (from a spectators point).After this i would actually be interested in Haye and Chisora

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I know what u mean about being conflicted , yeah no shit boxers fighting aint news as such its a tradition from way back there is always a bit of afters or a bit of pushing & shoving and a bit of handbags ( tyson biting a leg ) to sell tickets etc etc But this went further .. boxers hitting people with tripods and in the video if def looks like haye brings a bottle down ...
    I thought the look on vitali's face said it all
    ..... i dont know what will happen next .. i know haye doesnt have a license so the boxing board cant do anything to him ... chisora .. who started this weekned as a dick and nearly manged to get a bit of pride back before a press conference were he is shouting he is gonna shot the other fella .. comes a cross as a total nob and i kinda wished vitali had jumped in and chinned the two of them lol .
    but like you say at least people are talking about it .

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    On a wildly different subject from crazy press conferences and spiting water at pople wtf !!
    When i watched the actual fight I did think that although vitali won it hands down he did look very beatable ....

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This situation in many ways epitomizes the modern spoiled, classless athlete who has embraced the whole bullshit rap music "culture", though I have seen better cultures on a glass slide. I can hardly stand to watch these assholes anymore. The NBA? Finished with that years ago. The NFL? Losing interest as we speak. I don't need anything in my life that makes a "hero" out of disgusting sacks of shit like Ray Lewis or Michael Vick.

Floyd Mayweather? I'll never spend a penny on a PPV that lands in his pocket. The ONLY reason I've EVER watched that loudmouthed little felon step into the ring was in the hopes that someone would send him out of the ring on a stretcher. There's one boxer I'd LIKE to see broke, addicted to crack and unable to wipe his own ass.

I was really hoping Vitali would hit Chisora so hard he'd shit himself in the ring just to strike a blow for civilization. The next big fight should be Chisora vs Haye......... in a jail cell with the survivor rehabbing from his injuries in the prison infirmary.

As for Vitali, the reason this may be about it for him is that he was injured during the fight, post fight examination shows he has a seperated shoulder. He can only come back from injury so many times and he's already done it more than most people ever could.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh didn't know vitali had picked up an injury

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You sure he didn't pull a muscle laughing at the press conference

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Chisora acted like a dick all weekend.Slapping Vitali at the weigh in was bad and there was just no need to spit in Wlad's face,Finally calling Haye out and being made to look a fool,and to top it all of he at the top of his lungs"I swear to God, David, I am going to shoot you. I am going to shoot you. I am going to physically shoot David Haye." .Any respect he may have earned back as a fighter is probably gone forever.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Purely from a license point of view it's a bit fucked up ... Haye doesn't have one and I can't see the British board giving him one and chisora he may lose his or certainly suffer some sanction.
    And is it me or has the usual turn up to the opening of an envelope always talking to the press David haye a bit suspicious by his absence ..
    Last edited by vandeleur; 02-19-2012 at 05:52 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Usually, I think that sort of stuff is pantomime. Here I'm not so sure.

Haye will probably use Chisora as a warm up for a fight with Vitali - who really has no-one left to fight - at the end of this year. To my eyes, Haye looked to be holding a plastic bottle - if it had been glass then this whole thing would have been taken to another level.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We have to remember that this is boxing. Both of these guys will be licensed to fight by the British Board. The fight will happen in the summer at the O2 arena. Trust me.

Oh, and Haye will batter Chisora for 12 rounds. Del Boy is too slow and too crude to be a problem.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think it was real this time and I think it was a glass bottle.

Hitting someone in the head with a glass bottle usually means GBH in this country, it's not impossible that the German law could come after him.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hmmm...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...t-in-full.html

David Haye bitterly disappointed for involvement in brawl with Dereck Chisora: statement in full

David Haye has issued a statement saying he was "bitterly disappointed" to have been involved in a brawl with Dereck Chisora in Munich and will do anything he can to aid the boxing authorities in their investigations.

"I realise I am no angel – and don't mind a bit of professional trash-talk to help raise boxing's profile – but, during my 21 years in the sport, I have never been involved in, or even witnessed, such a serious fracas.

"If requested, I shall happily assist the boxing authorities with any investigation they wish to launch and, ultimately, hope that all lessons learned from this incident will be implemented.

"I also hope Dereck Chisora is able to learn from his mistakes this past weekend, right the wrongs and then go on to fulfil his potential in the boxing ring.

"It is with regret that I feel I have to issue this statement to clarify certain matters, following an unfortunate incident that occurred on Saturday night (February 18) in Munich, Germany at the Vitali Klitschko vs. Dereck Chisora post-fight press conference.

"I was in Munich to watch the WBC world heavyweight title bout between Klitschko and Chisora and provide punditry for BoxNation, and accredited as such.

"During the post-fight press conference, I was stood at the back of the room. It wasn't until Bernd Bonte said my name and involved me in the press conference that I commented. I was then happy to banter back and forth with Bonte and Klitschko, keen to ascertain whether he (Vitali) would stay true to his word and reiterate his desire to do what his younger brother couldn't do – knock me out.

"I felt as though the public would want to hear more information about this potential bout and that we could both start beating the drum ahead of a showdown later this year.

"However, at this point Chisora began firing insults at me from his position on the top table. In fact, he has recently made a habit of saying derogatory things about me in the press.

"Moments before declaring he wanted to go face-to-face with me, Chisora assured the gathered media that he would give me 'two slaps'. Chisora had, of course, already been shrouded in controversy that weekend.

"Despite this, Chisora climbed down from the top table, removed his robe and then walked towards me, entourage in tow, in an aggressive manner. I held my ground, but, unfortunately, he caused a serious disturbance to occur, something which threatened to damage the reputation of the sport we both love.

"Regrettably, some members of his entourage also encouraged the chaos.

"Nevertheless, Chisora and I soon separated, brushed ourselves down and moved in opposite directions. The confrontation then reignited, however, and both Don Charles and Adam Booth became involved in the mess. Adam suffered a cut to the head.

"Thankfully, it didn't take long for the ruckus to again settle down. It was then that I heard Chisora say he planned to 'shoot me dead'.

"I decided to leave the venue and return to my hotel, a move which I hoped would diffuse the situation. However, Chisora's team were staying at the same hotel as me and, in light of the threats Chisora had made in front of the world's media, it seemed far more appropriate for me and Adam to leave the hotel as quickly as possible.

"Consequently, I left Munich on an earlier flight on Sunday morning and have been thinking about what happened ever since, as well as replaying the incident many times via YouTube. It goes without saying, I am bitterly disappointed to have been a part of what transpired on Saturday evening.

"I realise I am no angel – and don't mind a bit of professional trash-talk to help raise boxing's profile – but, during my 21 years in the sport, I have never been involved in, or even witnessed, such a serious fracas.

"If requested, I shall happily assist the boxing authorities with any investigation they wish to launch and, ultimately, hope that all lessons learned from this incident will be implemented.

"I also hope Dereck Chisora is able to learn from his mistakes this past weekend, right the wrongs and then go on to fulfil his potential in the boxing ring. "

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Someone's lawyer has been working overtime today....

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Heavyweight boxing........ yawn, Pac being a scared little bitch being protected by his fag of a promoter....... yawn. I keep hoping boxing will get interesting again but doubting it more by the day.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    To be fair, Chisora actually came to fight. It was a decent enough show....

Thread Information