Page 39 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,560 of 3351

Thread: The Army Boxing Thread

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Missed it , is it worth checking out ?
    fuck your fucking framing

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Bitch View Post
    Anyone catch Juan Manuel Marquez Sergey Fedchenko?.Marquez won convincingly.Could not help thinking this gives Arum an easy way out of Pacman Mayweather.
    It was a good fight - not a barnstormer, but plenty of skill on display.

I doubt Marquez-Pacman IV will happen in the near future because Arum knows that JMM has Pacman's number...
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not sure i would want another Marquez Pacman fight.What more could happen that we have not seen already
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The judges could actually give JMM the vitory(ies) he's earned?

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Am not sure a Marquez pacman is on the cards , Maybe it's just me but they were good fights but arnum Doesn't wanna kill the cash cow just yet

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Brandon Rios's name has been mentioned for Marquez's next fight,Another of arum's guys.Arum will probably try and push this so Rios can feel him out and figure if Pacman can take him

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    On Saturday's performance JMM whoops Rios.

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by binnie View Post
    On Saturday's performance JMM whoops Rios.
    Absolutely,JMM looked really good.It seem's to me Bob Arum is backing himself into a corner here in terms of potential fights for Manny.Nobody seem's too interested in Pacman - Bradley (I am really not interested),Where as Mayweather - Cotto has got quite a few people talking.If Marquez
    fights Rios and win's and Mayweather beats Cotto then Arum is going to have to chose between two guys who both have a very good shot at beating Pacman.Will he go with the devil he know's in Marquez even though he seem's to have Manny worked out or will he (FINALLY) go with Floyd.Or Manny could just retire.It could be quite interesting to see what happens when the three of them have fought the respective fights

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I suspect that Manny will get the winner of Ortiz-Berto II (assuming he beats Bradley).

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Browsing around and I stumbled across this.I don't know how accurate it is but i can imagine Tyson saying all this shit.My favourite is " He called me a rapist and a recluse... I'm not a recluse"

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pretty mental ... Can't remember him saying most of that ... I liked the Hannibal and cartilage line

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Refresh the old memory Vandeleur

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Forgot most of that ,a lot of beer under the bridge since most of that ... Certainly a character ... Cool find DB

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I love "The doctor took me to the pain centre"

Been slow in here the past few days and i am itching to talk boxing with someone

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Shoot ... Did u watch any if the Irish heavy weight stuff last week on channel 5 ? It was the first time I had seen Tyson fury

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Was out on friday so i missed it.Any good?.What do you think of Tyson Fury?

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And DB we have discussed mayweather cotto but what's ur take on the khan peterson re match ?

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah was in the local with the boys and a couple are pretty knowledgable in the fight game , I thought he was terrible and he kinda beat up an old guy lol .. But the lads were saying he fought the whole fight as a south paw rather than his usual style and they were impressed

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Although I am rooting for Peterson to win I don’t think that he will.I don't think he won the last fight,It was a close on that Khan won.Peterson has heart and will bring it but I see Khan taking this one.I am torn between UD or a stoppage

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    Yeah was in the local with the boys and a couple are pretty knowledgable in the fight game , I thought he was terrible and he kinda beat up an old guy lol .. But the lads were saying he fought the whole fight as a south paw rather than his usual style and they were impressed
    I am sure I heard he has switched to southpaw.Not surprised he looked terrible though,Personally i find he is not up to much anyway

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You not a big fan of khan ?

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Khan has always been too arrogant for my tastes,and without the skill's to back it up.He has potential to be VERY good but he is definitely not there yet.He has fast hands and good legs but he lacks authority in the ring.When he starts to tire his style breaks down,as he can't throw flurries and move away.He is a TV friendly fighter but if he want's to be great he needs to learn how to clinch.That way when he slows down or gets hurt he can stop his opponent and recover.He need's to learn to get out of trouble on the ropes and roll some punches,basically circle away, land shots, and take the center of the ring again

I think if he works hard he will get it but he is not there yet by a long way.Major defence issues

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I like him and think he has potential but like you I worry about his defensive frailties , I think he can be lazy or maybe tires late in fights which I think was to blame for the Peterson result . I think he would have major problems late in a fight with someone who could bang . In the plus side he is fast getting a lot better tutoring off roach . I think this time he will be focused and win by ko ... God bless him if he gets his wish for a mayweather match up after this tho .

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    God help him if he gets a shot at Mayweather after this.Floyd has skills Khan could only dream of.Funny you should mention Mayweather in relation to what I think Khan needs to do to improve.If you watch Mayweather vs Jose Luis Castillo that is what it looks like to effectively fight off of the ropes.Khan needs to learn how to do that,Or learn to stay off the ropes all together.Floyd would eat him alive.

If Khan ever want's to be considered great,and not just good he need's to win this one with ease and fight a great opponent.Still,he is only 25,Just entering his prime years.He has time to work on his skill's.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Stay off the ropes would be my thoughts , when Ive watched him he can't slip punches he backs away from them and that kind goes out the window when he gets backed up on the ropes .

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As for Peterson his confidence will be sky high , I know he is isn't a big puncher but he could come in to bully khan into a brawl and that would suite Peterson

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There's some good discussion here:

Khan-Peterson II:

I'm with DB on this - I'm rooting for Peterson but Khan will win. He fought the wrong fight last time. I expect him to use his speed and movement to box and get a UD. Fast hands and fluries to pinch the rounds. Khan is still a work in process - as DB notes, he has huge defensive issues, largely because there are still too many amateur traits to his style. Thus far in his career he's been able to use speed to mask these, but against good boxers with timing - a la Peterson - he'll come under. Khan-Bradley would have been a good fight: my thoughts are that once Pacman has beaten Bradley up, Khan will get him next. I'm cynical like that

Tyson Fury-Martin Rogan:

Fury is a hype job, but one with potential. In this fight he showed: composure, discipline and the ability to box south paw (which is interesting). However, he was fighting a 40 year old man coming off a long lay off. What do we learn from that? Fury needs to be kept active and fight decent fighters. In the UK Sam Sexton would be interesting, as would David Price (but that won't happen because of TV rights). Maybe some European level fights could happen in a year or so. But he's a long way off the world level, IMO. Too many defensive issues, and he needs to learn to actually use his size - he has yet to learn how to maintain distance and reach advantages.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Bitch View Post
    God help him if he gets a shot at Mayweather after this.Floyd has skills Khan could only dream of.Funny you should mention Mayweather in relation to what I think Khan needs to do to improve.If you watch Mayweather vs Jose Luis Castillo that is what it looks like to effectively fight off of the ropes.Khan needs to learn how to do that,Or learn to stay off the ropes all together.Floyd would eat him alive.

If Khan ever want's to be considered great,and not just good he need's to win this one with ease and fight a great opponent.Still,he is only 25,Just entering his prime years.He has time to work on his skill's.
    When Khan moves up to 147, he will be one of Floyd's last fights. Who knows if Flyod will be slipping by then? Khan has a good job and fast hands, which are his chances.

My guess is that Floyd's timing would be too much for him (right now it would be a massacre).

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Floyd would DESTROY Khan right now. A couple of years down the road - if Floyd's skills deteriorate as suddenly as say Roy Jones Jr's did - maybe.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    With Khan, we really don't know how much more there is. Can he keep learning? That's what separates 'very good' and 'great'.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Khan is tough to call as to we're he can go , his two defeats are almost bizarre the first a foolish match up by the promoter to our him against a bigger hitter and the Peterson fight which he should have won ... He is technically a talented up and coming boxer who is getting good training from a very good trainer ... But I just can't get over his defensive frailties and when I watch him and he looks good he looks great and it's not his chin cos he has taken some decent hits and got up its just he isn't hard to hit and doesn't have as much ring craft as is needed to go from good champion to great one .

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Indeed - he relies on his speed too much.

Another trainer - Manny Steward, for instance - might be able to make the changes. But Roach's fighters just don't fight that way.

He's still young though. If they allow him to develop - cleaning out 140lbs would be a start - before rushing him up in weight I think he could develop. But defense has to be crucial.

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Lately,I find myself questioning roach and his training.It seems to me he does not offer his fighters any tactical advice between round's any more.For example the most recent Juan Manuel Marquez fight against Manny Pacquiao.Manny kept falling into the same traps and roach was not telling him how to get out of it.He should have been telling him to throw uppercuts and push his jab or anything like that but he did not.He definitely has the better of the two fighter to work with going into the rematch.If I don't see Khan Clinching,getting off the ropes and trading a bit more I will seriously start to question if roach still has what it takes to be a top trainer

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Mmmm I rate roach , and to be honest DB I had never thought about/ or noticed the roach points will defo watch for it in the khan fight .

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    right peoples here are my thoughts on virtual betting on the boxing ... something like .
    were betting on the mayweather cotto fight on the 5th ... winnings rolling over to the khan fight lol
    trying to keep it simple ,every one has a dollar/pound/gold piece . we all pick a winner or the round if you want better odds. i'll check what every one picks and post the odds from the internet . ( sorry i meant to say what round we think mayweather wins this )
    I will then tot up what the winners get and that becomes their pot . The next fight if we blow the cash we had we start again with one dollar the winner splashes their winnings on that fight or does what they want with their virtual ill gotten gains

Thats pretty simple right ? or if somethings up a more cunning plan am all ears ... and was hoping we had a part time booky in our mists lol

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sounds pretty good to me!

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't think I have ever made a bet in my life,but that sounds fun so I will give it a try.Damn Roth Army corrupting young minds

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Lol....

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Anyone interested in Bhop Dawson rematch?

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yep.

After the first fight people are thinking that Dawson takes the re-match easily. However, I read it differently. I think Dawson's body-slam said more about his frustration with Bhop's style than anything else - if he loses his cool, Bhop will pick him to pieces. That being said, Dawson is the type of fighter who Bhop traditional struggles with. A boxer who doesn't come forward and has decent movement (think Jermain Taylor) - on paper, Dawson should win. I suspect, however, that Bhop will take it after a slow start.

It was also interesting that Bhop actually put Dawson down in the first match (his glove touched the floor), but the ref didn't score it.

Thread Information