Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny would be floored by Mayweather.Mayweather is a textbook BOXER.Manny really pisses me off.He is all offence,he has half the game down but he is not a BOXER.Only reason he is so big is because he is TV friendly
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Originally posted by binnie View Post
      Reports coming out of the aye-Klitschko press conferencve in New York this week suggest that these two gnerally detest one another, and that Haye is getting to Wlad. will we finally see a Wlad Klitschko fight that isn't boring?
      I doubt that.Haye is a good boxer but wlad has something like an 80 inch reach and a lethat straight.If Haye is to win he is going to have to get inside and throw upwards.Maybe catch wlad napping and score a big counter.I would love nothing more than to see Wlad KO'D mid fight
      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave's Bitch View Post
        I doubt that.Haye is a good boxer but wlad has something like an 80 inch reach and a lethat straight.If Haye is to win he is going to have to get inside and throw upwards.Maybe catch wlad napping and score a big counter.I would love nothing more than to see Wlad KO'D mid fight
        Indeed. The problem for Haye is that many, many people have tried to negate Wlad's jab and failed. He is trying to annoy Wlad so that he comes forward, making him easier for Haye to pick off.
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Originally posted by DlocRoth View Post
          Well... it looks like the fight went the way any sane betting man would have laid money on it.....

Pac Man UD.

I didnt see it but I guess Manny just destroyed Shane inside and out. Dropped him in the 3rd, for only the 3rd time in his career. Didnt see that coming.

Apparently Mosley was credited with a knockdown in the 10th, but by all accounts it was a push....

Time to call it, Shane...

Masterful show from Manny....

From what I understand, Pavlik also looked good considering his ring rust from a year away from the ring after that beating from Mora. He took a majority decision while landing some nice shots in the later rounds.

Anybody think the now sober "Ghost" can reclaim his status? He's only 29.....
          The scorecards don't tell the story - I actually managed to find this online and watched it.

Shane tried to box: the problem is that he isn't a boxer. The knockdown aside, Manny didn't look so great either.

Sure, it's hard to fight a guy who's on the backfoot, but Manny spent most of the night missing and won solely on workrate and Shane's reluctance to throw punches. Against an effective boxer/ counterpuncher, Manny will always have problems. Shane is neither, but what surprised me is how even jabbing a little and fighting off the backfoot in an ineffective fashion made Manny look sluggis and crude.

i suspect Shane took this fight for a payday - he clearly didn't want to trade. He's been a warrior throughout his career, so I guess we can allow him a stinker.

Comment

• Originally posted by DlocRoth View Post
            Anybody think the now sober "Ghost" can reclaim his status? He's only 29.....
            He looked OK.

To be honest, I've never been sold on Pavlik - he was middleweight champ at a lull time. Jermain Taylor was the only A level fighter he beat and when he came up against two others - Bhop and Martinez - not only did he get beaten, he got dominated. There was a reason his promoters never let him fight the other big guns at 160 - Arthur Abraham and Paul Williams - it's because they knew Pavlik wasn't up to task. The Martinex fight happened out of desperation (what else were they going to do with him at the point?); the BHop one because they thought Bernard was shot.

I just don't see Pavlik as a force at 168.At 160 he could edge most guys in size and power. He can't at 168, and his fundamental lack of skills will be exposed again and again by the likes of Froch, Kessler, Dirrell, Bute and Ward.

Maybe with a new trainer we'll see something - Pavlik needs to learn footwork and defence. His current trainer is a bit of a joke: if I hear that guy say 'double up the jab' one more time I'm going to explode (as though that makes Kelly invincible?) I remember watching the Bhop fight with my day - as Pavlik's trainer kept repeating 'double up the jab' my Dad turned to me and said 'that's about as much use as a nun in a brothel if the first one ain't landing!'

Comment

• Unfortunately, i bought the pay per view. You know you are in trouble when the best part of the fight turns out to be the ring walks. L.L. Cool J. led Mosley out singing "Mama Said Knock You Out" which was cool. I thought this might really pump up Shane. Manny had the lead singer of Surviver lead him out singing "Eye of the Tiger." It was really a nice build up. The only thing worth seeing on the card was a great performance by Jorge Arce who claimed a third title at a different weight. He was relentless and i would recommend anyone that can find a way to watch that fight please do yourself a favor. As for Manny and Floyd, it is really getting to the point where both are going to miss their window. If they keep dicking around until they both get too old, they run the risk of severly diminishing the importance of the fight.
              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Not much to look forward to this weekend. I don't look for the Ward/Abraham fight to be very competitive (wish it would be). I just don't see Abraham being able to find Andre or get off at all. I think it will be a very boring fight unless Ward has a mind to go after Abraham and try and get him out of there. I wish the Froch / Johnson fight would get here. That is a far more interesting matchup.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje View Post
                  Unfortunately, i bought the pay per view. You know you are in trouble when the best part of the fight turns out to be the ring walks. L.L. Cool J. led Mosley out singing "Mama Said Knock You Out" which was cool. I thought this might really pump up Shane. Manny had the lead singer of Surviver lead him out singing "Eye of the Tiger." It was really a nice build up. The only thing worth seeing on the card was a great performance by Jorge Arce who claimed a third title at a different weight. He was relentless and i would recommend anyone that can find a way to watch that fight please do yourself a favor. As for Manny and Floyd, it is really getting to the point where both are going to miss their window. If they keep dicking around until they both get too old, they run the risk of severly diminishing the importance of the fight.
                  I'm going to try to catch the replay this weekend, but one thing my buddy told me (besides that Shane looked utterly shocked PacMan was able to drop him) Manny said in the post-fight interview was that every time Shane clinched with him, he'd say "Go away."...WTF?? I mean, if you're at that point, don't answer the bell for the next round, or throw in the towel, you obviously don't want to be there...
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• AWWW shit!

Just saw that Floyd Mayweather re-posted this article from RING TALK...

FIGHTER: “I INJECTED MANNY PACQUIAO WITH STEROIDS”

PAC’S DENYING DRUG USE OVER?

Las Vegas, NV- One of Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao’s former sparring partners has admitted that he regularly injected the fighter with steroids “in the locker room, in the upper outer quarter of his butt cheek!” The man, a Filipino and former pro fighter, now fears the wrath of millions of his fellow countrymen, and as a result, his identity is protected. He claims to have worked with Pacquiao from “his early years” up until Pacquiao’s 2010 fight with Miguel Cotto, and claims Pacman only began using steroids in anticipation of his 2009 fight with Oscar De La Hoya.

PAC NOW USING UNDETECTABLE HGH & INSULIN

He also claims that Pacquiao has switched from using steroids, to now using a complex mixture of HGH (human growth hormone) and insulin, a combination that is virtually undetectable in post fight drug tests. In an interview given in a top secret location in Las Vegas, the former Pacquiao associate said “Manny was curious about using steroids for many years before he actually started. There is a lot of steroid use in the Philippines, and they are easy to get.”

Read the whole thing here: http://www.freepressreleaselist.com/...rring-partner/

Still not completely credible from an anonymous source, but now it's more than JUST a rumor, and if proof actually comes out that he HAS been juicing all this time (I for one totally believe it...agree with Binnie Pac is a phenom, but he's kinda bordered on superhuman in recent years... in a way that makes it difficult to believe it's all JUST hard work), seriously...LOOK OUT.

Now he almost HAS to agree to submit to the testing to fight Floyd. In light of this, if he doesn't it's practically an admission of guilt IMO...
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• IMO that fight wont happen, Floyd doesn't want it..If he did, we would have seen 2 fights from them already (timewise).

EUAS

Comment

• Mayweather has more things in his life to worry about right now than boxing. He has had more harrassment charges filed against him, this time from security guards he supposedly threatened for ticketing his vehicle. He still has the felony counts to deal from his girlfriend to resolve. His personal life appears to be a mess. It would seem like he would be fighting more to get his mind off of that baggage. If he would harrass Manny the way he harrasses everyone else, the fight might actually happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje View Post
                          Mayweather has more things in his life to worry about right now than boxing. He has had more harrassment charges filed against him, this time from security guards he supposedly threatened for ticketing his vehicle. He still has the felony counts to deal from his girlfriend to resolve. His personal life appears to be a mess. It would seem like he would be fighting more to get his mind off of that baggage. If he would harrass Manny the way he harrasses everyone else, the fight might actually happen.
                          I think he actually DOES want the fight to happen, but doesn't want to risk losing his undefeated status to a guy who's "enhanced". I think most would agree in a clean, fair fight Floyd would DESTROY Manny. But if a lucky shot - amped up by HGH got through...it would likely knock him out. Otherwise why turn down a 40 million dollar payday?

Agree he (and Roger) need to settle the personal issues, but it does seem Floyd's about to ratchet up the harassment campaign against Manny now (again)...and if this is true, well he should.

I want to see Manny fight him clean. Now I'm more inclined to think I'd like to see how Manny fared in a fight clean, PERIOD.

OH, and I tried to watch the Mosley-Pacquiao replay, and got bored around the 5th-6th rounds...
                          Last edited by jhale667; 05-13-2011, 12:05 PM.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Floyd is being a primadonna for sure. It's clear doesn't want the fight whilst all of the legal trouble is hanging over him and Roger. That being said, Pacman has being funny with regards to testing right up to the fight - Idon't think thats proof of juicing, but it is delaying the fight.

This fight WILL happen - there is too much money involved not too.

Floyd is an asshole of epic proportions, but he boxes circles round Pacman after 4 or 5 rounds of adjusting to the southpaw style.

Comment

• Ward-Abraham will be an ugly fight, I imagine.

Ward will smother and outwork Abraham, who is too slow and too flat footed to box with him. Abraham could KO with a lucky shot, but I just don't see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X