sorry guys my bad
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
      Where do you stand on the view that Salvador Sanchez is the greatest fighter Mexico ever produced?
      He was damn good but since his life was cut short, he never had the chance to go up and see how he stood at heavier weights. If my memory is correct, i think he only fought at one weight class unless he went up in weight to fight Little Red. At any rate, not enough of a body of work to get a good comparison. Frankly, i think trying to figure out the best Mexican boxer would be as impossible as determining the greatest American boxer.
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
        Veteran
        • Jun 2005

Another figher i forgot to mention that i always enjoyed watching, even in defeat, was Gentleman Gerry Cooney. He either knocked you out or he got knocked out spectacularly.

I have always loved the colorful nicknames as well. A couple of my favorites are "Bonecrusher" Smith (or Boneclutcher) and Mike "The Body Snatcher" McCallum.
        RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
        LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
          Well gee SunisinuS,We managed to kill the thread

Possible fight between Zab Judah and Amir Khan comming soon.I would like to see this,I fucking hate Khan.He is a puncher not a boxer.Sure he has fast hands but thats about it.

if it happens Zab takes it,not sure to guess KO or not yet,i will get back to you on that
          Agree Zab takes that one. He's at least as fast as Khan, has better skills, and Khan's chin is made of candy glass from what I've seen...
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Khan certainly has a questionable chin, but he took some big shots from Maidanna so maybe 140 suits him better than 135. Zab is fast, has power, has an improving defence and a lot of experience. He goes to pieces under pressure though, and Amir would test that.
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Very true, so it could be an interesting fight.

As for my faves, here's the short list:

Muhammad Ali, of course - my 1st, seriously childhood boxing hero. Not only did he have skills, he could take a punch (which unfortunately destroyed him by attrition). Best psychological gamester ever probably.
              Sugar Ray Leonard - fast, gutsy, and seeming an all-around cool guy. Also throw on the list a lot of the guys he fought - Floyd Mayweather Sr., Marvin Hagler and Tommy Hearns. Roger Mayweather gets an honorable mention from his fighting years, and for being the only one on the list I've met - and he was fucking hilarious to hang with that day. Funny aside -Two things I'll never forget about doing a tech gig one night at the Stone Pony in New Jersey: Talking boxing all day before the gig with him, and a hot girl asking if I'd do her while her husband watched - after :eek: ...had to decline, but will never forget it!
              Mike Tyson, up until the rapist-ear-biting segment of his career. I mean, has anybody before or since him had that near-deadly combination of speed and power (and a trainer like Cus D'Amato [sp])? His "Greatest Hits" reel is a boxing's best knockouts reel in its own right. Simultaneously amazing and frightening in his prime. Seems to have rehabilitated himself finally, and was fucking funny in "The Hangover".
              Roy Jones Jr. - another of the all-time greats as far as speed and power that hid for over a decade the fact that he had a questionable chin. As in you can't question it if no one was able to touch him until the Tarver and (Glenn) Jones fights. Also one of the most unique styles ever, now imitated palely by younger fighters like Pascal. Throw in Felix Trinidad and Oscar De La Hoya on the list too.
              Floyd Mayweather Jr. probably the best boxer of this generation IMO. Not the most powerful puncher, but another one of those brilliant counter-punchers that is 90% of the time countering missed punches. Pretty sure the Mosley fight was the first time I ever saw him get wobbled, and he recovered and proceeded to make Mosely look stupid. I seriously think he could make Manny look like an idiot too, but wondering if the world will ever find out...and speaking of Manny, he's indeed a phenom, but if he's juicing, he doesn't deserve to be on my list.

There's probably more, but those are the ones that immediately spring to mind...
              Last edited by jhale667; 05-26-2011, 10:30 PM.
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • May 2010

Oscar De La Hoya is American Mexican so scrap that from my list

sorry guys my bad
                Oscar De La Hoya. Was at a comedy place down town...and I recognized him immediately. As the first guy came on the set....he said...I want you all to say Hello to Oscar De La Hoya...in the audience. He stood up and took a bow as the people that payed attention clapped. Was a very nice evening....he was with a nice woman and no one gave him shit. It was two days before a fight. He just hears his last name as "Hell Ya".
                Last edited by SunisinuS; 05-27-2011, 10:41 PM. Reason: LA baby. And fer sure....Lew Alcindor will get a statue.
                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                  ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

When was this?,was he not said to be in rehab?

Comment

• SunisinuS
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • May 2010

Hag
                    When was this?,was he not said to be in rehab?
                    Maybe it was Hagler. It all get's foggy sometimes....
                    Last edited by SunisinuS; 05-28-2011, 07:52 AM. Reason: Haggling?
                    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2007

Part of MMA's success can undoubtedly be attributed to the reticence of the top guys to fight one anohter in boxing. That plus the absence of excitment in the heavyweight division.

As far as the heavyweight division in MMA, it's kinda being recycled now..Fedor is fading, and the top eschelon of HW's can be counted on one hand....there is one interesting match-up tonight, however...Frank Mir vs TUF winner Roy "big country' Nelson. Nelson looks like a lard-ass nobody, but he has a fast overhand right that crushes people...he's the guy who layed on Kimbo Slice-Kimbo had no ground game at all. He couldn't save himself. Mir got smashed by Shane Carwin, but has outstanding Jiu-Jitsu skills. The light-heavyweight division is really where it's at IMO.

But back to boxing..
                      I'm curious to know who people's favourite fighters are - now or ever. Not the guys they think are P4P or GOAT, but the guys they loved to watch.
                      Pernel Whitaker - hit me if you can, bitch.

Sweetpea! I thought he was great! I remember the Buddy McGirt fight. Epic! Unfortunately, it was the last time I saw him fight.

Aaron Pryor.

Foreman.

I loved the battles between Bowe and Holyfield. The fights were great! But Bowe lost my respect when he refused to fight Lennox Lewis. Lewis would be on my all time list. Ahead of Tyson.

Ray Mercer. I always thought he had a great shot at beating Tyson should they have ever fought.

Roy Jones. Period.

Ali-Frazier. I watched those fights on TV as a kid. I never understood the significance of them...until I grew up.

The one thing I feel robbed of, is the matchup between Tyson and Holyfield when Tyson was still "Iron Mike". I never believed that Holyfield couldn't make it to the heavyweight division until after Tyson got beat down by Douglas. Then, 8 or nine monts later, Evander shows up to kick Buster's ass. Then Tyson gets locked up. Then Riddick Bowe shows up, takes it from Holyfield, refuses to fight Lewis, and I lost interest...But I kept watching Lennox Lewis..

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2007

Get out
                        Ladies first.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I completely forgot about Lewis,Thanks hideyoursheep.Lewis was VERY good.Three time champ.44 fights,41 wins,2losses and one no contest.The last undisputed heavywieght champion

by the way,Who is that in your avatar?
                          Last edited by Dave's Bitch; 05-29-2011, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2007

by the way,Who is that in your avatar?

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GMJ1c3qxOWc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GMJ1c3qxOWc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I knew it was Bronson .He was also a boxer you know

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2007

I wouldn't consider him a boxer.. A fighter, definitely....but not a boxer. You have to see the movie....Incredible story. Simultaneously sad, humorous, violent and tragic his life. The man has spent 37 years in prison, over 30 in solitary confinement, all for fighting. Never killed anyone. NONE of this could have happened in the US prison system, so in that regard he is lucky to be alive. But his entire life has been wasted making a name for himself, as he puts it. That part is tragic.

He missed his calling.

Comment

Working...