X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

For those that didn't see the fucking fight...Hopkins threw an overhand right, and after, with Dawson leaning over, Hopkins sort of leaned over top of him. Dawson then proceeded to stand up, lifting Hopkins off his feet, then deposited onto the canvas, hurting Hopkins shoulder.

Hopkins said he'd fight, but the ref called it, giving Dawson a TKO...

so year...Dawson wins by bodyslamming Hopkins..fucking crazy...

especially after that fucking joke of a mayweather fight last month...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
      Boxing in general has become a joke. Has been a joke for a lot of years, other than the great fights that are all too few and far between anymore. It's no wonder the MMA stuff is blowing them away.
      Boxing is a joke because it's cast of characters are all jokes...starting with the heavyweight division that was absolutely destroyed in the mid-to-late 90's...

Still, the middle divisions that historically carried the mantle of showcase fights in the early 80's through today has turned into a fucking joke as well...with constant dodging and mishandling. At least the boxers schtick back in the day was just that...schtick...

now the schtick is fucking real...and completely takes away from the fight itself.

Not to mention the fact that the only way to watch any real fight is to fork over 60-80 bucks, and then you get the sham that was last nights main event...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I agree Poji, but the MMA fights are PPV for the most part too. The difference is, the MMA championship fights are big money for the participants, but not anywhere near the take the boxers are getting. An MMA title fight might (might) get the combatants a million for the fight, but not thirty or fourty million the boxers are getting. They need to make those motherfuckers EARN their money for fighting. Making them earn their money, would force them to put on a good show. Guys like Ali, Frazier and Norton had to fight their asses off to maintain their lifestyle. Now a guy can get one big fight, and take the rest of his career off, and still maintain his lifestyle. He gets low on cash, he can sucker the promotors and the public into another huge payday. Cap the fuckers. Or cap their asses!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

It's much more fucking complicated...because boxing is fucking fucked up.

Imagine if boxing had essentially one major governing body (UFC) that dominates the rest. Now I know that there are several offshoot MMA organizations, but either UFC swallows most of them up, or just plain dominates by signing their fighters, or just being a better product. Boxing has what...WBA, WBC, WBO, IBF, Ring...that's five different "major-ish" titles. Then you take the WBA, that essentially fucking split their title into three for the most part, with a Super Title holder (if anyone qualifies), a regular title holder (because that title is essentially vacated if you get the super title), and the fucking interim title. Yeah, no fucking clue. You combine that with the fact that there aren't any unified champs for the most part. Fuck, take the heavy's for a moment. You have the to Cuntco brothers with most of the titles...but they'll never fight each other, and there aren't any other even moderately good heavy's to beat them. So no unification ever, and no chance for these fucking cuntbags to even lose. Fucking David Haye...are you serious?

Imagine if there was one governing body (UFC), with a weekly or bi-weekly TV Show that everyone could see on a major network (FOX or CBS) that actually has boxers that are top of the line, AND a cable TV show that everyone can see (Spike and Versus) with top of the line fighters and a monthly Pay Per View that has continuity, flair, and championship fights with actual winners and losers...and doesn't cost 60 plus bucks for a shit fight. I can't remember the last UFC product that I didn't like in some form or fashion.

Combine that with champions that actually fucking fight two and sometimes three times a year. Look at Silva...at least two fights a year, and I know in his prime (like he isn't now) he was rolling out three fights a year, especially after he joined UFC initially. GSP as well...when Cuntco beat Haye, he hadn't fought in 10 months...and when was the last time that fucking whore fought in the US?..closing on four years? What about his mongoloid brother Vitaly? What...2009? So there hasn't been a fucking major heavyweight title fight in the United states in two-plus years?

Then, top it off with crooked judges, and bullshit handholding, and you have a product that isn't for shit anymore...

and last night's fight is just the icing on a shit cake...

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            For those that didn't see the fucking fight...Hopkins threw an overhand right, and after, with Dawson leaning over, Hopkins sort of leaned over top of him. Dawson then proceeded to stand up, lifting Hopkins off his feet, then deposited onto the canvas, hurting Hopkins shoulder.

Hopkins said he'd fight, but the ref called it, giving Dawson a TKO...

so year...Dawson wins by bodyslamming Hopkins..fucking crazy...

especially after that fucking joke of a mayweather fight last month...
            The fight last night should have been ruled a No Contest. Hopkins dislocated his shoulder for fucks sake, how can he lose his title for that?

Dawson fouled him, but it wasn't a DQ offence is my eyes. Just a bad night all round - I think Chad was getting frustrated a lost his temper, a it like Ortiz last month.
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Yeah, last time I checked body-slamming someone was not a legal move in a boxing match...

Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                Veteran
                • Jun 2005

Buying a ppv these days is as risky a proposition as betting on a football game. At least when you bet on a football game, you have half a chance that you WON'T lose your money.
                RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• SunisinuS
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • May 2010

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                    Veteran
                    • Jun 2005

A couple of good fights this weekend fellas:

Alfredo Angulo vs James Kirkland

Bute vs Glenn Johnson

I think Angulo takes Kirkland out in an all out war that could be a fight of the year candidate. I think Bute may knock Johnson out but probably will get a unanimous decision. I hope we see the good Glenn Johnson come out and give Bute a good scare.
                    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                      A couple of good fights this weekend fellas:

Alfredo Angulo vs James Kirkland

Bute vs Glenn Johnson

I think Angulo takes Kirkland out in an all out war that could be a fight of the year candidate. I think Bute may knock Johnson out but probably will get a unanimous decision. I hope we see the good Glenn Johnson come out and give Bute a good scare.
                      Angulo is a pit bull, no doubt about that...hits like Margarito WITHOUT the need for plaster in his gloves, and has zero quit in him. If Kirkland can hang with him, agree it will be a WAR. I'd also like to see Johnson at LEAST scare Bute...not a fan of that guy after he got handed that win with the F*ed up delayed count when he was clearly hurt and wouldn't have made the count had it been done correctly. Johnson is no slouch (he DID knock out Roy Jones, let's recall), so it could be interesting.
                      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

This was pretty good.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by jhale667
                          Angulo is a pit bull, no doubt about that...hits like Margarito WITHOUT the need for plaster in his gloves, and has zero quit in him. If Kirkland can hang with him, agree it will be a WAR. I'd also like to see Johnson at LEAST scare Bute...not a fan of that guy after he got handed that win with the F*ed up delayed count when he was clearly hurt and wouldn't have made the count had it been done correctly. Johnson is no slouch (he DID knock out Roy Jones, let's recall), so it could be interesting.
                          Kirkland is a good test for Angulo, but I think they've got him at the right time - I expect a late TKO.

Bute is getting better and better. Johnson is a very, very good fighter who is a hard night's work for anyone. He could stop Bute, but I don't think he can win on points. My gut feeling, however, is that Bute has a point to prove and will win a cautious UD.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Didn't catch the Bute fight, but Angulo-Kirkland was a WAR - each knocked the other down in the 1st round, but Angulo tried to hard to finish Kirkland and punched himself out. Amazing the fight actually lasted 6 rounds the amount of shots they were throwing and taking...totally agree with the stoppage; Angulo was out on his feet, but would have kept trying to fight back until he was seriously injured.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Bute-Johnson was a snooze fest. Bute looked good, but he might have been flattered by the fact that Johnson is now OLD.

Kirkland-Angulo was a great fight. Neither is a world beater, but they come to rumble.

Pacman-Marquez. The higher weight favours Manny, who I think might get a TKO over a valiant Marquez. Expect JMM to have his moments, but I just can't see him doing it. You never know, though, JMM has scored some one punch KOs at 135lbs +.

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                                Bute-Johnson was a snooze fest. Bute looked good, but he might have been flattered by the fact that Johnson is now OLD.

Kirkland-Angulo was a great fight. Neither is a world beater, but they come to rumble.

Pacman-Marquez. The higher weight favours Manny, who I think might get a TKO over a valiant Marquez. Expect JMM to have his moments, but I just can't see him doing it. You never know, though, JMM has scored some one punch KOs at 135lbs +.
                                And JMM has buffed up significantly for this fight... I do tend to agree with you, Bin - but I think there's a slight chance he'll catch Manny with something (as he's proven he can do in the past) and things could get really interesting...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Working...