X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Indeed.

I suspect Khan will win the rematch on points by sticking and moving.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Andre Ward - Carl Froch tomorrow in the Super Six final.

Could be a classic. The smart money says that Ward is too skillfull, has footwork which is too good and the dirty tactics to stop himself losing a war. But you can't really count out Froch, a guy who seems to thrive on adversity. Out-muscling Jean Pasacal in a war, KOing Jermain Taylor with 15 second to go in a fight in which he was getting thoroughly out-boxed (worry for tomorrow night!), dominating Arthur Abraham in a cool manner, and being smart against Glenn Johnson, Froch seems to know how to do it when he needs to. Only Mikkel Kessler beat him. So there's certainly a chance Froch finds a way - and he has enough power to catch Ward off guard.

For me, however, there have been a few warning signs. Kessler beat Froch by constantly going to the body - Ward has proven himself a pretty masterfull body puncher. I see him wearing Carl down to a UD. I doubt Ward can KO Froch, but I think his moment has arrived.

Then it'll be a Lucien Bute fight I assume.......

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I watched the Ward-Abraham fight last night... Ward looked good. I'd like to see him beat Froch. Also caught the replay of the Cotto/Margarito fight...Margo is NUTS, and that fight should have been stopped sooner. His eye was hamburger (again) and he wanted to keep going...
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

The reason he wanted to keep going - aside from the fact he's a real warrior - is because Cotto was tiring and Margo was starting to catch up with him. In that sense it was close to the first fight: the difference was that this time Cotto had taken so much punishment because he fought smarther (i.e. circiling rather than retreating in straight lines and staying off the ropes).

Margo should retire. That eye is fucked.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
            Margo should retire. That eye is fucked.
            Totally agree.
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

ward froch last night i kinda like froch he is a stand up sort of guy but ward took him to school last night , think ward looked like he had it all.
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Ward looked incredible.

I guess Lucien Bute is next, followed by a possible Kessler rematch perhaps.

Then 175.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                  Veteran
                  • Jun 2005

Ward is just that good. I was hoping Froch would test his chin a bit more but he just couldn't find him enough. All respect to Froch for not quitting as he seemed to be getting stronger in the 11th and 12th. Froch told it like it was after the fight and said Ward was just too slick and he couldn't get his punches off. It is definitely not the end of the line for Froch and at the end of the day he is still a rich man with the hottest girlfriend i ever seen.
                  RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                  LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

It's a shame Ward and Calzaghe could never have met in the ring. Two ships in the night and all that......

Kudos to Froch, but he just doesn't have the skills or the speed for Ward - he clearly thought he's just out-muscle him, but Ward was stronger, too. I don't think Ward is the second coming, but he's certainly one of the most promsing fighters in the world right now. His ability to fight inside is spectacular, as his countepunching whilst coming forward.

He'll be a tough one to figure out - I wonder if either of the Dirrell brothers (with their movement, speed and angles) have the answer? Or, a little late down the lite, Kid Chocolate? I'm looking forward to finding out. Someone needs to make Bute-Ward happen first - not sure what Bute has that Ward can't handle (although he is fast).....

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I was really impressed by Ward's performance. Froch just didn't have the speed, power or skill to deal with him. I like how Froch had to mention like 8 times that Ward was "really good at keeping himself out of harm's way", as if to say "He wouldn't hold still so I could hit him, the bastard!" Froch was completely out-classed, not two ways about it. I too think his girlfriend is hot, but she's such a loudmouth it's kind of a turnoff.

I kinda think Ward will kick the shit out of Bute, too...who seems overrated, and should have lost that fight where he was dead on his feet - wouldn't have even made the count, had the ref gave him double the usual count-time.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Yup. Andrade had him out in the 12th.

Bute won the rematch with a vicious body shot, if memory serves. He's dangerous, but I'd like to see him in with someone we know to be good. If not Ward, then Kessler or Froch.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

I do think the andrade first fight controversy may have put people off bute because he has decent record but i think ward has to way to much for him , sonrisa has a point about froch's girlfriend she is ace and i think he is missing a trrick not having her ring side with a low cut top on, its gotta distract the opposition :-)
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

Ward would be the favourite against Bute, no question. But let's not count Bute out - he's fast, has very good power and is a vicious body puncher. Plus, he's a leftie.

Could be a good fight. Personally, I think Bute will have all on getting past Froch (who fights him next), so I'll doubt we'll ever see him against Ward.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Mayweather going to the fucking pokie for 90 days....

wonderful...now we're either going to have to listen to how he's fucking a reformed muslim as he changes his name to Ferharma Rahim Minnesota Peace...

or...

How he's even more bad ass from his hard time at Clark County Community and Celebrity jail...

say hello to Andy for me..
                              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                                Mayweather going to the fucking pokie for 90 days....
                                He will get out early on good behaviour.Willing to bet money on that
                                I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                                Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

Working...