Clear All
  • ace diamond
    Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Ducks Win The Cup!!!!

WOO-HOO!!!

IT'S PARTY TIME!!!!!:bottle:
    Originally posted by hideyoursheep
    When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond
  • fryingdutchman
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Holy shit!

Almost a day has passed since the Ducks won the Cup and no replies in this thread?

Looks like the NHL is dead...but nobody has claimed the body yet!

What the fuck happened to this sport? Is it lingering bad feelings about the lockout?

Too many new rules to keep up with?

Or is it that nobody gives a shit about Anaheim?

I'm sad to see it go. I used to enjoy NHL Hockey, but it seems to have lost its luster.

If they lose their TV contract then the sport might as well just fold its tent and go home.
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• m_dixon1984
      Foot Soldier
      • Aug 2004

Trust me the NHL isn't dead, at least not here in Canada.

I just didn't have anything to say on the subject as my team just suffered a huge embarrassment.

Congrats to Ducks fans everywhere (anywhere??). The better team won.

M

PS - Tough being a Sens fan today, however, it's still sweeter than being a Leafs fan. HAHAHA!
      http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• PumpedUpMidget
        Head Fluffer
        • May 2005

A truly sad day for hockey--a team named the 'Ducks' takes the top prize--if you look at the past winners, the last good team to win was the Red Wings in 2002...the Hurricanes, Lightning, and Devils are all aberations...Hockey needs to dump maybe 8-10 teams (Nashville, Tampa Bay, New Jersey, Carolina, Anaheim, Atlanta, Florida, and Dallas, for starters....)

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by PumpedUpMidget
          Hockey needs to dump maybe 8-10 teams (Nashville, Tampa Bay, New Jersey, Carolina, Anaheim, Atlanta, Florida, and Dallas, for starters....)
          Funny that you've mentioned 5 American teams that all have won Stanley Cups in the last 12 years, and most of them in the last 8 years....

Those aberrations of the Devils have won 3 Cups in 12 years....

But yet teams that are financially successful, but haven't won jack shit, like Toronto (40 years) and Ottawa (80 years), are no problem at all, are they.....

Anaheim was CLEARLY the best team in the NHL this year, they absolutely PUMMELLED the Sens, and they deserve that Cup.....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DlocRoth
            ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Nice.

And there it is.

May as well dump this thread now.
            Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• ace diamond
              Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by DlocRoth
              Nice.

And there it is.

May as well dump this thread now.
              fuck off

i have been following the anaheim mighty ducks since they began.

funny how life imitates art,isn't it?
              "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by ace diamond
                i have been following the anaheim mighty ducks since they began.
                Hey ace...

BTW...I wasn't trying to shit on Anaheim.

I'm glad your squad won the Cup!

I'm just wondering why there was such a lack of "fanfare" over the end of the Stanley Cup Finals.
                fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

The NHL has put itself into a lot of places it has no business being in.

Nashville?

Columbus?

Please...

But I totally disgree with the comment to "dump New Jersey."

The Devils, while weaker than they used to be, seem to be one of the perennial forces in the league.

As a Flyers fan, they are also my sworn, mortal enemy!

But then again, the Flyers took a complete shit last season...so maybe that's why I'm so apathetic about the league in general.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Fuckin disney team! Oh well, I'm just glad the Red Wings didn't lose to the Avalanche, which weren't in the playoffs! ROFLMAO Seriously though, any place south of Philadelphia should not have an NHL team. Why fuck aren't there any in Alaska, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Seattle or Portland? And obviously there should be more NHL teams in the western canadian and maritime provinces.

Comment

• ace diamond
                      Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                      The NHL has put itself into a lot of places it has no business being in.

Nashville?

Columbus?

Please...

But I totally disgree with the comment to "dump New Jersey."

The Devils, while weaker than they used to be, seem to be one of the perennial forces in the league.

As a Flyers fan, they are also my sworn, mortal enemy!

But then again, the Flyers took a complete shit last season...so maybe that's why I'm so apathetic about the league in general.

WHAT IS REALLY SAD IS THAT NOBODY SAID SHIT WHEN THE NY ISLANDERS AND THE HARTFORD WHALERS WERE SHUT DOWN. VERY SAD INDEED.

Comment

• ace diamond
                        Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

and why doesn't winnipeg have a team?

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

The NHL suffered from it's unbalanced schedule.

The Senators had never been to the West time zone all year!!!

Now they are expected to travel across the country?

The Eastern teams have such a distinct advantage during the year due to a lack of travel time.

The unbalanced schedule, though, has a tendency of GMs recruiting in terms of their division and Conference, and to hell with The Stanley Cup.

That is why you have distinctly different styles from conference to conference.

This year, all 8 playoff teams in the West were as good as the Senators.

The East was quite poor this year. Bettman, fix the schedule...in his defence, it is the GMs in the East that are to blame. They are only concerned with protecting their turf while they can
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

19 Canadians on Anaheims team... Either way, Canada still won.
                            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

19, not 14? Hilarious! Yeah...the Americans have our Cup though

Where do you think that Cup will spend the majority of its time as Canadians take it back home? I am sure I will be drinking from it in the next few months.
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...